iPhone 5s battery pack or case?

aw14

Hello everyone.

Since we are only 18 days away from our trip to the contemporary, I have been driving my DW crazy about getting a battery case for my 5s. The 3 of us going all have iphones (2 5s' & 1 5c). My DW and DD will have 2 portable lipstick style battery chargers. I personally am not a fan of carrying anything extra and would prefer an all built in case (like the new Otterbox Resurgence or Mophie Juice Pack Plus). Since our phones are our cameras as well, has anyone had experience or advise on how to proceed?

I have thought about ordering directly from Otterbox and using it for the trip then returning it. Alittle dishonest, but serves its point :)

Daxiegirl

Def go with the Otterbox. Mine has been TRIED and true for 5 years now on my, ahem, 3GS. :joyfull: (so embarrassed)

Please let us know how it all works out for you with your portable charger!

Upvote 0

mweier

I found the otter box too huge for my taste since my clean, elegant iPhone 5 suddenly felt like a huge brick. I really liked the Ballistic Urbanite I found at my ATT store. Good protection in a thin case (though mine isn't the screen-covering waterproof variety).
https://www.goballisticcase.com/shop/apple/iphone-55s/

More recently, my battery has shown itself to be shot (dead by early afternoon). I've switched to this super cheap ($25!) mophie knockoff and been incredibly impressed.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA3VK1C98152
I'm still at 100% by 10:30pm! We'll see how it holds up to a day in the parks in a couple weeks; I still have my 10000mAh charger for backpack charging.

Upvote 0

mweier

nice - looks like a good charger and always handy to have the faster charging 2.1A port. Tops my 5 off in under an hour, usually.

you may want to see if you can find a Lifeproof Fre case and/or a Ballistic Hydra case to try if you're looking for ultimate protection but not keen on the otter box bulk. The Hydra claims to be waterproof underwater for up to 7 ft depth and over 20 minutes!? I suppose it should, at $79 :) iLounge seemed to prefer the Incipio Atlas: http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/reviews/entry/incipio-atlas-id-for-iphone-5s/ and the Lifeproof Fre: http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/reviews/entry/lifeproof-fre-for-iphone-5/ (Disclaimer: I've never tried either :)

Upvote 0

Daxiegirl

LOL, right!!! I forgot how much bigger (new iPhone) and boxy (Otterbox) they are. I guess there is one advantage to owning the oldest functioning iPhone around :happy:

....though I do feel the need for speed....

Upvote 0

aw14

Original Poster
Thanks.

That's the thing, the OB defender is truly a monster. Not sure I really want to carry it around for the week. I think if I put it on a belt clip, my DW would be very unhappy.

Upvote 0

Daxiegirl

I like the first phone cover you posted above. Nice and sleek! I'm assuming you swapped your leather case for this?
I'd be interested to know how it performs for you.

Upvote 0

aw14

Original Poster
I like the first phone cover you posted above. Nice and sleek! I'm assuming you swapped your leather case for this?
I'd be interested to know how it performs for you.
The spigen is a great case and it's nice that the back plate is interchangeable. I have both the white and black back plates.

Sadly I purchased these cases. I kinda have an obsession. ;)

Upvote 0

durangojim

I'd buy the mophie that has additional battery and memory. That way you'd be all set. I have the juice pak plus and it's pretty robust but still comfortable. I think an otterbox would be overkill. The other case is called the space pack

Upvote 0

aw14

Original Poster
I have thought about the space pack but I don't need the extra memory. I am still contemplating the mophie since I have a 20% off at staples that expires today.

If not, then I going to go with my
Spigen tough armor.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom