Disneyland's 60th Birthday: Rumors, Speculation and News

TP2000

How is that possible? The cable is currently strung between light poles along the street. I don't see how they could flip up:

DSC_0419.JPG

Hmm. What a great catch!

Back in 2011 at the D23 Expo there was a big WDI session explaining Buena Vista Street. Ray Spencer was the Imagineer in charge of the trolley system, and he explained that they were devising a system to raise the trolley wires on pivoting arms from the lampposts for parades. But now that doesn't seem to have happened. Or the wires are lower in the Carthay Circle area of the parade route (technically Buena Vista Street) and the tension arm on the trolleys pivots at a lower angle through that section?

I will need to check that out! But Ray Spencer had stated publicly that the wires were being designed to raise for parade. At least on the Carthay Circle section of track. Or maybe they scrapped that idea and just raised the wires a few more feet to appease the parade team present and future?

Figments Friend

But I don't think Soundsational would run at DCA, even though technically it could. None of the Soundsational characters or themes, except for Little Mermaid, is found in DCA so it would feel disjointed and unrelated to the park it would be traveling through. Also, it's just not the way Disneyland/DCA works.

If there's a new day parade in the works for Disneyland, it does make you wonder what's to become of Pixar Play Parade. That parade is very old by Anaheim standards. It's run for seven years now, with about an 18 month construction hiatus around 2011-12.

They will probably just ship it to WDW, namely, Hollywood Studios, to use as a 'new parade' there which has happened in the past with other Ex-DCA day parades.

I remember how pumped i was for DHS to get DCA's 'Block Party Bash' a few years ago, but was disappointed to see it was lacking several of the original stunt elements.
What became of 'BPB' when it was downsized and re-purposed was a even bigger disappointment...but i would rather not be reminded of that. :hungover:

wdrive

They cut the Ratatouille float and make the Incredible's float shorter to fit under the trolley wires. Why would they do that if they could raise the wires anyway?

sponono88

MouseInfo's article from last week shared a few more details about HKDL's new parade, and they also posted this concept art piece that I hadn't seen before:

disney_paint_the_night_concept_005_original.jpg

Full details at the link: http://www.mouseinfo.com/forums/con...aint-night-revealed-hong-kong-disneyland.html

"The energetic nighttime entertainment will kick off with a brand-new“Disney Paint the Night” at Hong Kong Disneyland. The latest in LED lighting technology, magical story-telling, delightful music and dynamic dance will come together as part of an audience interactive experience that together, reimagines the new dimension of Disney in the dark for our guests."

Cesar R M

That looks very creepy and strange.
how so? there are cms as "plant spirits" at animal kingdom.

How do you mean? Surely it costs more to modify the Incredible's float then it does to raise the wires that the other poster said they could do anyway?
they already had chainsaws ;)
also, I dont think the cables are the only thing that needs to be modified.. (perhaps new posts, bigger trolley tower lines..etc.)

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Yes...please replace Magical but keep Dumbo!

I'm guessing both Remember and Magical will be replaced with this new one. If anything, Remember will permanently be gone and Magical will continue to run as the summer firework show.

I'm going to miss Remember. We'll see if Steve Davison can top it.

Marc Gil

Magical is still at Disneyland?

As much as I loved the show, I really wanted to see Remember while I was at Disneyland last year...

Hopefully their new fireworks will be more in the lines of Remember, as being a tribute to Disneyland rather than Magical which is more generic.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Magical is still at Disneyland?

As much as I loved the show, I really wanted to see Remember while I was at Disneyland last year...

Hopefully their new fireworks will be more in the lines of Remember, as being a tribute to Disneyland rather than Magical which is more generic.

Yes, Magical is still the summer firework show. It's five years old this year. Remember is still the regular show. The fireworks rotate like this:

New Years fireworks

Mid to late January: Remember... Dreams Come True

May to September (until Halloween begins) Magical

Fourth of July fireworks are thrown in between summer

September to October: Remember... Dreams Come True, with Halloween Screams showing on the non party days

Beginning of Christmas to January: Believe... In Holiday Magic, with no showings of Remember... Dreams Come True

GiveMeTheMusic

I actually really appreciate the seasonal fireworks schedule. It's nice to have some variety - I personally prefer Magical to Remember (I know I'm in the minority), but it's likely that the 60th will feature just the new show exclusively. The new show will replace Remember, so next spring's performances will be its last.

Because the new fireworks show will likely figure into the 60th campaign marketing, it's also a good bet that Believe In Holiday Magic will take 2015 off, and a holiday tag will be added to the new show (which is what happened during the 50th for Remember's debut). What happens after the 60th, as far as rotation goes, is anybody's guess.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
I love the variety as well, and I love Magical. Remember is my favorite, and I'm going to be very sad to see it go. Its time has come, though. It's been nearly a decade. It'd be great to see a new summer firework show, too, even though Magical isn't that old.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom