Journey into Imagination Refurbishment

dgp602

@marni1971 hinted that there was approval for something in Epcot to be fixed. And he seemed happy about it. A proper Imagination seems like the most likely thing he would been referencing, especially since we know some plans already exist and were close to being approved in the past.
I guess that's good news. I would think that any positive movement towards "fixing ( is that the right term? )" the whole pavilion would have received more press on these threads. Why is there no talk of this anymore?

doctornick

I guess that's good news. I would think that any positive movement towards "fixing ( is that the right term? )" the whole pavilion would have received more press on these threads. Why is there no talk of this anymore?

Well, I'm just guessing that he might have been referring to Imagination. He really was being tight lipped about it. Could be some other pavilion at Epcot (though I think he ruled out SSE later). Might have been referring to Energy, though. Or, if they are being really aggressive, something new in WoL.

Edit: Here's the post I was referencing.

Also, there was news a while ago about a "mystery project" at Epcot and the fellow in charge of it tends to do video stuff. Most people seemed to think it might be something new for the Eo theater.

raven

So if possible I would like to get the facts streight, Its rumored that Joruney into Imagination is going to get a big refurbishment. As far as I know everything is up in the air still. So... Is theyre going to be a refurbishment and is it possible that it will be restored to its origional glory or at least close to it's origional story and theme?

Nothing is ever completely restored to the original after it's already been changed for something else (ie, Tiki Room, Capt EO). The ride track was shorted over a decade ago to move the Imageworks downstairs since the upstairs was closing. The old track path is still under the floor but the renovations have made it nearly impossible to bring back without replacing the foundation in this area. The old turntable portion is gone as well even though you can clearly spot it's location in the postshow area.

The original concept for this ride was actually placed in the Land building and had roller coaster elements to it. I don't think we are going to see any of that or even the original as we know it with the record that Disney has with their ride referbs. Proof is in the pudding.

Oh please bring a trackless system to Disney oh Please oh please oh please..:happy:

In order to use this ride system the floor of the building needs to be completely level (like UoE). Imagination has many different elevations in the building and they would need to remove all of the foundation to make this happen. Remove the foundation and you'd have to completely tear down the building due to it's age.

Gullywhumper

It call always get worse.

epcot-wonders-of-life-pavilion-1-9.jpg
Please! Don't bring this up!

dgp602

Nothing is ever completely restored to the original after it's already been changed for something else (ie, Tiki Room, Capt EO). The ride track was shorted over a decade ago to move the Imageworks downstairs since the upstairs was closing. The old track path is still under the floor but the renovations have made it nearly impossible to bring back without replacing the foundation in this area. The old turntable portion is gone as well even though you can clearly spot it's location in the postshow area.

The original concept for this ride was actually placed in the Land building and had roller coaster elements to it. I don't think we are going to see any of that or even the original as we know it with the record that Disney has with their ride referbs. Proof is in the pudding.

In order to use this ride system the floor of the building needs to be completely level (like UoE). Imagination has many different elevations in the building and they would need to remove all of the foundation to make this happen. Remove the foundation and you'd have to completely tear down the building due to it's age.
Sooooooo..now what? Where does that leave the Imagination Pavilion? Do they leave it in the sad state, with a silly ride and unused space? Or do they attempt some type of redo/makeover with a new updated concept?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Sooooooo..now what? Where does that leave the Imagination Pavilion? Do they leave it in the sad state, with a silly ride and unused space? Or do they attempt some type of redo/makeover with a new updated concept?
A track based ride system of length of the original with motion base RVs would still be thrilling.

No, @doctornick I'm not alluding to a pavilion. Sadly.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
@marni1971 hinted that there was approval for something in Epcot to be fixed. And he seemed happy about it. A proper Imagination seems like the most likely thing he would been referencing, especially since we know some plans already exist and were close to being approved in the past.

I could easily agree with that. Although, would the WoL pavilion be hinting anything as well? With the scaffolding that was up around Buzzy and fixing his lazy eye as well?

I'm sure Imagination would have more of a chance on a refurb. But, just saying, WoL could be a good second.

aladdin2007

I could easily agree with that. Although, would the WoL pavilion be hinting anything as well? With the scaffolding that was up around Buzzy and fixing his lazy eye as well?

I'm sure Imagination would have more of a chance on a refurb. But, just saying, WoL could be a good second.

he said it doesnt have to do with a pavilion sadly

Mike S

A track based ride system of length of the original with motion base RVs would still be thrilling.

No, @doctornick I'm not alluding to a pavilion. Sadly.
So it's impossible to put the trackless ride tech in the existing building and the thing @marni1971 was referring to has nothing to do with a pavilion. What exactly should we be excited for, then? :(

BalooChicago

Provided the highest floor elevation is acceptable, raising the floor elevation at the low floors to match should not be a problem. Depending on the elevation change you can do it with structural foam and concrete topping, or with additional framing if too tall for foam.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom