July/August sand the weather now

Jonathan Woolf

Original Poster
Hi All
We will be in the wonderful world of Disney the last week of July and the first fortnight of August - we are hoping for hear sunshine and we are aware that the rain tends to come down torrentially almost every afternoon at about 3pm for a short sharp burst to cool the air but the weather right now seems unusually wet and stormy - family slightly concerned - do you think we will get sunshine heat and beautiful blue skies in 38 days!

Sorry that should say AND not sand

Thank you from Cambridge UK

MorganKelly

You will probably see rain (very likely a thunderstorm) every day for a short period of time due to the very humid weather. It normally does not last all day. We've visited WDW many times during the summer and I really can't remember many entire days being wash-outs (or we've just been very lucky!). You don't want to be outside during a thunderstorm of course, but don't let rain stop you otherwise. Don your rain ponchos and keep going or find an indoor attraction or restaurant and hunker down for a bit. I really think you will see your fair share of sunshine. Have a great trip!

We were there a couple weeks ago, and it did rain everyday. It rained for 4 hours like 2 days, and the rest at least 2. Definitely the worst weather I've had since I've been going to disney. Luckily, most attractions are inside so you'll be fine

MorganKelly

We returned today. T-storms every day but one. Most lasted an hour or less, but Monday night was pretty much a complete wash-out. Temps in mid-90's. Dew point around 73 every day. It was oppressive, but I have actually felt worse. Bring a poncho and carry on. :happy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom