The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

Mike S

Exactly. Every book Marvel publishes is tightly linked. That's kind of their thing.

GotG isn't cut and dried like the Avengers characters. But certainly there is an argument to be made that they are off the table as part of the greater family. No one knows the validity of that argument because it has never been put to the test.

We can argue about it. But it's pointless because there will never be a definitive answer until and unless Disney decides to take action on something like this. Which frankly, I think, is extremely unlikely.
What about Big Hero Six? ;)

lebeau

What about Big Hero Six? ;)

You are so evil! ;)

I'm unfamiliar with the characters, but my understanding is they have ties to the X-Men. I certainly wouldn't bet on Disney building any Big Hero Six attractions in Orlando. But it's probably more likely than GotG.

Mike S

You are so evil! ;)

I'm unfamiliar with the characters, but my understanding is they have ties to the X-Men. I certainly wouldn't bet on Disney building any Big Hero Six attractions in Orlando. But it's probably more likely than GotG.
Big Hero Six definitely seems like the only remotely possible case of characters that could be used in WDW. But all this talk is pointless until we actually see something happen in the parks that proves they could be used.

lazyboy97o

Exactly. Every book Marvel publishes is tightly linked. That's kind of their thing.

GotG isn't cut and dried like the Avengers characters. But certainly there is an argument to be made that they are off the table as part of the greater family. No one knows the validity of that argument because it has never been put to the test.

We can argue about it. But it's pointless because there will never be a definitive answer until and unless Disney decides to take action on something like this. Which frankly, I think, is extremely unlikely.
It may well have been tested. Unfortunately, unlike the contract, arbitration cases and decisions are not a matter of public record.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Spirited Summer Weekend Musings:

You should never say never unless you really mean it.

So, the Four Seasons asks Disney/CP for a list of local 'influential' bloggers to place on an invite list and folks who would never set foot in a FS anywhere, foks who literally don't have one set of clothes that would be considered acceptable wind up there. Amazing. Really. You think the California Grill is too 'uppity' for you, but you walk into the FS?

And Lou Mongello just makes me want to barf. No way around it. Loveable Lou is the face of everything wrong with Disney social media today.

Can I make the UNI fanbois go all ape-crap now? In the last 24 hours, three friends who work in the industry have told me that they had first time rides on Gringotts this week and they were not kind. The nicest comment was ''UNI tried for a family ride and missed the target totally. What a mess.'' ... Again, those aren't my words and all three were quick to praise UNI for Diagon Alley overall (two who have been to TDS compared the area favorably), but Gringotts isn't a game-changing attraction and its sound issues were raised by all three folks one saying ''Jimmy Fallon may have been here, but the ride isn't even ready for primetime yet.''

I know there was chatter from @HTF about MM+ (or parts of it) coming to DLR, which is likely (but don't think of what WDW has as the model and don't think it couldn't go away before it ever begins as we are 2-3 years out and new management will be installed), but the next park/resort where you'll hear about this is SDL.

The entire buildout of SDL has been done with interactivity in mind from attractions to queues to resort rooms. But understand this, nothing will look exactly like what MM+ is at WDW. The entire pre-planning of every aspect of one's day isn't going to fit in Anaheim or Shanghai or anywhere else the way it can be force-fed in O-Town, so again, think more of the tech aspects beyond reserving rides and meals.

Two years ago, @Lee deserted me and went home to the hills. I wish he at least had left the Mrs behind!

Funny how folks on the left coast are all gloom and doom over a lousy summer at the box office. Now, we'll hear stories about an industry in trouble and folks moving on to streaming Netflix on their iPhones ... all until next summer arrives and is the biggest in history.

Did we talk about EPCOT not building that newest waterfront restaurant that had been approved? No? I guess we haven't talked about how Spice Road Table is empty all the time, despite being gorgeous, and now offering an unheard of 30% AP discount.

Football training camps are open? That means that us lucky Floridians only have about three months of summer left!

Even by Disney standard, last week's non-event 'event' announcing absolutely nothing but a logo for DL's Diamond Anniversary Celebration was very lame. Companies like UNI are succeeding because they real making long range plans and sticking to them. Disney still needs to eff with the budget for DL's 60th when they are looking at starting it in 10 months?!?!

WDW1974

Original Poster
A note to my friends and fans and folks who want to tell me a thing or two: yet again, I am incredibly behind in answering y'all. Not ignoring anyone, but if I only have a limited amount of time I tend to drop in here with posts ... but I will answer every/any note I get.

Thanks for your patience, even with my cruise weight gain, there's only so much of me to go around!

MarkTwain

Did we talk about EPCOT not building that newest waterfront restaurant that had been approved? No? I guess we haven't talked about how Spice Road Table is empty all the time, despite being gorgeous, and now offering an unheard of 30% AP discount.

Interesting. I'm still kind of surprised Disney went ahead and built a second Moroccan restaurant in the first place; I never got the impression Restaurant Marrakesh was one of the more popular WS restaurants.

PhotoDave219

Football training camps are open? That means that us lucky Floridians only have about three months of summer left!

Lets talk ESPN.

Lets talk ESPN defending a man who beats up women.

Lets talk about ESPN personalities saying that women provoke domestic violence.

Lets talk about ESPN devoting time to women's responsibility to avoiding being beaten by a man or athlete.

ESPN has a problem with its personalities and if today is any example, the inmates are running the asylum.

Fox Sports on the other hand, does not mess around when people attack their female personalities.

There's a lot of dollars at stake with both of these stories. God help ESPN if any advertisers decide they want to yank their ads because of the content at hand.

PhotoDave219

So, the Four Seasons asks Disney/CP for a list of local 'influential' bloggers to place on an invite list and folks who would never set foot in a FS anywhere, foks who literally don't have one set of clothes that would be considered acceptable wind up there. Amazing. Really. You think the California Grill is too 'uppity' for you, but you walk into the FS?

For the mere fact that The Four Seasons(tm) would even stoop as low as needing some sparkly social media, I have zero desire to ever go there. I dont care if they have a complimentary courtesan for turn down service, mints on the pillow or complementary sports therapy massages, they don't get my money. Why? Because if a company needs to promote or associate itself with the likes of those, I have no need to associate my money with them.

I want high-end and high-class. I want a place with decorum, manners and a dress code.

Clearly The Four Seasons(tm) is not that place.

Mike S

Lets talk ESPN.

Lets talk ESPN defending a man who beats up women.

Lets talk about ESPN personalities saying that women provoke domestic violence.

Lets talk about ESPN devoting time to women's responsibility to avoiding being beaten by a man or athlete.

ESPN has a problem with its personalities and if today is any example, the inmates are running the asylum.

Fox Sports on the other hand, does not mess around when people attack their female personalities.

There's a lot of dollars at stake with both of these stories. God help ESPN if any advertisers decide they want to yank their ads because of the content at hand.
What is it with Disney and all their spinners?

wdwfan4ver

I am happy to hear that the madness of adding restaurants to World Showcase has stopped. Morocco never needed a 2nd table service in World Showcase a first place because I thought it was bad idea from the get go. If Epcot really needed an another eating place in World Showcase, they should have done a counter service for Canada instead.

Phil12

I am happy to hear that the madness of adding restaurants to World Showcase has stopped. Morocco never needed a 2nd table service in World Showcase a first place because I thought it was bad idea from the get go. If Epcot really needed an another eating place in World Showcase, they should have done a counter service for Canada instead.
A Philly cheesesteak stand at the American Pavilion would be appropriate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom