Disneyland's 60th Birthday: Rumors, Speculation and News

TP2000

Also, not to be a pain, but POD only ran for three years. It disappeared after the economic crash of 2008 and was replaced by Celebrate, which ran until late 2010 if I remember correctly.

Personally, I think DCA needs a new parade. Pixar is old and boring, Soundsational is still a great parade.

Oh, gosh! You are right. I totally forgot about that.

Didn't POD and Celebrate both run in '08, and then they just did Celebrate in '09-10? That was a very odd time.

So the average age of a Disneyland day parade is actually only four years. Which means this new rumor of Soundsational being replaced for the 60th now makes even more sense.

So if the Internet rumors in Summer of '14 are correct, the 60th will bring:

New Disneyland Night Parade
New Disneyland Day Parade
New Disneyland Fireworks Show
New Disneyland "Castle Show"
New DCA World of Color
Upgraded Fantasyland Dark Rides
Soarin' HD Upgrade
A Whole Lot of Diamond/Sparkly Decorations

Crazydisneyfanluke

Oh, gosh! You are right. I totally forgot about that.

Didn't POD and Celebrate both run in '08, and then they just did Celebrate in '09-10? That was a very odd time.

So the average age of a Disneyland day parade is actually only four years. Which means this new rumor of Soundsational being replaced for the 60th now makes even more sense.

So if the Internet rumors in Summer of '14 are correct, the 60th will bring:

New Disneyland Night Parade
New Disneyland Day Parade
New Disneyland Fireworks Show
New Disneyland "Castle Show"
New DCA World of Color
Upgraded Fantasyland Dark Rides
Soarin' HD Upgrade
A Whole Lot of Diamond/Sparkly Decorations
The new parade is the newest rumor that i have seen popped up in the past couple pages, maybe soundsational will be moved to DCA?
Also i have seen in other threads that the new Soarin' might not be implemented into the USA parks until after SDL opens.

Nland316

The new parade is the newest rumor that i have seen popped up in the past couple pages, maybe soundsational will be moved to DCA?
I don't think Soundsational could run at DCA, atleast without of some modifications. The Red Car Trolley cables would get in the way with the extremely tall floats.

TP2000

I don't think Soundsational could run at DCA, atleast without of some modifications. The Red Car Trolley cables would get in the way with the extremely tall floats.

The trolley cables were designed to be able to swing up for potentially taller future parades. With the current floats it's unnecessary. But it's an option built into the trolley system on Hollywood Blvd. and the Carthay Circle section of the parade route.

But I don't think Soundsational would run at DCA, even though technically it could. None of the Soundsational characters or themes, except for Little Mermaid, is found in DCA so it would feel disjointed and unrelated to the park it would be traveling through. Also, it's just not the way Disneyland/DCA works.

If there's a new day parade in the works for Disneyland, it does make you wonder what's to become of Pixar Play Parade. That parade is very old by Anaheim standards. It's run for seven years now, with about an 18 month construction hiatus around 2011-12.

kibia16

The trolley cables were designed to be able to swing up for potentially taller future parades. With the current floats it's unnecessary. But it's an option built into the trolley system on Hollywood Blvd. and the Carthay Circle section of the parade route.

But I don't think Soundsational would run at DCA, even though technically it could. None of the Soundsational characters or themes, except for Little Mermaid, is found in DCA so it would feel disjointed and unrelated to the park it would be traveling through. Also, it's just not the way Disneyland/DCA works.

If there's a new day parade in the works for Disneyland, it does make you wonder what's to become of Pixar Play Parade. That parade is very old by Anaheim standards. It's run for seven years now, with about an 18 month construction hiatus around 2011-12.

How is that possible? The cable is currently strung between light poles along the street. I don't see how they could flip up:

DSC_0419.JPG

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
How is that possible? The cable is currently strung between light poles along the street. I don't see how they could flip up:

DSC_0419.JPG
That's not the parade route. The parade goes from paradise pier to around Carthy circle plaza. I don't know what the wires in That area look like though.

Nland316

That's not the parade route. The parade goes from paradise pier to around Carthy circle plaza. I don't know what the wires in That area look like though.
It actually is. It goes from Paradise Pier all the way to TOT. It used to end where the current Carthay Circle is until BVS came along. Now it goes through the TOT backstage gates.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom