6 month old must haves?

mammaminnie

We'll be going with a 4 month old in December. In case it hasn't already been mentioned, see if you can get a sunshade for your stroller. We have a Britax and they make shades that hang all the way down so you don't have to worry about blankets falling off all of the time. I am also bringing my Ergo baby carrier for those times that I can't use the stroller, it's impractical, or he just wants to be held.

Definitely bring the other items suggested earlier like bottles, clothes etc. I am not packing diapers, but instead adding them to our Garden Grocer order.

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
We'll be going with a 4 month old in December. In case it hasn't already been mentioned, see if you can get a sunshade for your stroller. We have a Britax and they make shades that hang all the way down so you don't have to worry about blankets falling off all of the time. I am also bringing my Ergo baby carrier for those times that I can't use the stroller, it's impractical, or he just wants to be held.

Definitely bring the other items suggested earlier like bottles, clothes etc. I am not packing diapers, but instead adding them to our Garden Grocer order.
I bought the City Mini Stroller (practically bc of the shade)... Plus I have a towel and I'm bringing chips clips to clip it to the stroller, just in case... My goodness.... Have we all not thought of EVERYTHING?!?!?!? LOL I have a carrier, but but it's not an Ergo (even though I want one), but I'm hoping she won't spend too much time in it :) She sleeps pretty good in the stroller, thank goodness :)

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
Ok... So now that I've thought of (almost) everything... I am going crazy (I think over-thinking) everything... I have been on baby rental websites and I'm thinking of renting a rocking chair, microwave and a baby swing for our hotel room.... AM I CRAZY???????????????????? The baby only eats in the morning and nights (besides bottles), so I am thinking I won't need the microwave bc we'll be at restaurants or out and about and I can get her food heated up at any restaurant.... Your thoughts??? Also, my husband told me to wait and see if we feel we need them (cause we're there for 8 days) we can always call them while we are there and see if we can rent the items... What do you all thinkg??? Help:)

HRHPrincessAriel

Ok... So now that I've thought of (almost) everything... I am going crazy (I think over-thinking) everything... I have been on baby rental websites and I'm thinking of renting a rocking chair, microwave and a baby swing for our hotel room.... AM I CRAZY???????????????????? The baby only eats in the morning and nights (besides bottles), so I am thinking I won't need the microwave bc we'll be at restaurants or out and about and I can get her food heated up at any restaurant.... Your thoughts??? Also, my husband told me to wait and see if we feel we need them (cause we're there for 8 days) we can always call them while we are there and see if we can rent the items... What do you all thinkg??? Help:)
I would not rent all of that stuff.

mammaminnie

I personally wouldn't rent all of that stuff. If the microwave is to heat bottles, it might be easier and cheaper to buy a travel bottle warmer, and depending on the room size, you may not have room for a rocking chair and swing.

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
I personally wouldn't rent all of that stuff. If the microwave is to heat bottles, it might be easier and cheaper to buy a travel bottle warmer, and depending on the room size, you may not have room for a rocking chair and swing.
I am bringing a small bottle warmer... But I need to heat up her food... I suppose I could give her room temperature food... Or just wait until we get to a restaurant. Has anyone had any experience with this?????????????

mammaminnie

I think that has to do with her preference for food. I have fed my kids room temp baby food before and they pretty well with it. One option would be to use the bottle warmer or in room coffee maker to heat up some water, and then set the jar of food in the water to warm it. At the restaurants, your waiter/waitress will be able to bring you a cup of hot water for heating the bottles and food as well.

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
I think that has to do with her preference for food. I have fed my kids room temp baby food before and they pretty well with it. One option would be to use the bottle warmer or in room coffee maker to heat up some water, and then set the jar of food in the water to warm it. At the restaurants, your waiter/waitress will be able to bring you a cup of hot water for heating the bottles and food as well.
Thank you so much!!! I really appreciate your help :)

buseegal

at restaurants only way to heat baby's food is to heat in a cup of hot water as they are not allowed to heat food not prepared there. so it may not be as easy as you think while out

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
at restaurants only way to heat baby's food is to heat in a cup of hot water as they are not allowed to heat food not prepared there. so it may not be as easy as you think while out
Yeah, that's what I was thinking, too... I know we will figure it out. Maybe I will just plan to go to the Baby Care Centers for dinner time. Thanks :)

mammaminnie

If you ask for a half cup of hot water, you should be able to balance a jar of baby food in it :) That's what I have done before. The Baby Care Center is also a great option as well!

boilerpicc

We did room temp food with our daughter, and she didn't care. We did lots of pouches also. Most of the time, we would feed her at a Baby Care Center and then she would sleep during dinner. Use the Baby Care Centers often! They are awesome little air-conditioned havens. We would also hang out in there when we were trying to get her to sleep. The nursing rooms are all dimly lit and have rockers.

As for renting a bunch of stuff, it's probably not worth it. I don't know where you are staying, but a lot of the hotels have rockers somewhere around the lobby. Our daughter slept better than she every did while we were down there.

Another thing... I don't think I have seen this mentioned in this thread yet. We had baby food, formula, diapers, and wipes delivered to our hotel. We used gardengrocer.com. They deliver straight to the Disney resorts, and the prices aren't too bad. You just pick up the delivery from the bellhop. They even keep your perishables refrigerated until you pick them up. That saved us a ton of room when packing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom