Any expansion news?

danpam1024

Original Poster
With all the happenings across the street at Uni, I was wondering if Sea World was going to jump on the band wagon and start expanding. Anything on the horizon?

FutureCEO

I don't see SeaWorld expanding when the Blackfish movie hit them so hard but they do have to do something to stop the bleeding

IAmFloridaBorn

Sea World doesn't have the finances to expand. There have been rumors to built a new coaster or ride to replace POlar Express but that is it.
Sea World is going to have to take little strides at making it's image better.

IAmFloridaBorn

Blackstones stake in the company is about 22% now after the sells of shares.

Anyhow, Sea World needs to forkover money to expand.
There is so much going around Sea World with the new apartments and hotels. I would love to see some new developments come to the park though!

IAmFloridaBorn

Perhaps you are correct.
I still think Blackstone controls most of the decisions as you suggest, but they certainly are shedding their stake in Sea World, which later down the line could translate to Sea World not having as much money as it used to. Unless there is some other private company that isn't being announced, not sure where the money would come from.

Crazydisneyfanluke

Their next plan is to build a animal rehab facility near Wild arctic, like the one at Busch gardens, but for marine life.
Im hoping they refurbish wild arctic in the near future, its Extremely dated and getting rough.

cheezbat

There have been rumblings of a new coaster or ride back near the old stables area...personally I'd like to see a river rapids ride or something for families again before another big coaster.
(I'd rather Busch Gardens spend the cash on a hyper coaster soon!)

Crazydisneyfanluke

There have been rumblings of a new coaster or ride back near the old stables area...personally I'd like to see a river rapids ride or something for families again before another big coaster.
(I'd rather Busch Gardens spend the cash on a hyper coaster soon!)
When i was their July 2nd the stables were still in use. I dont think a new coaster is expected for atleast 5 years, they need their attendance to grow. Updating and refreshing stale features of the park like wild Arctic, Kraken, Atlantis, and Clyde and Seamore, would help increase park attendance overtime to were the need to add another attraction to handle capacity.

Busch Gardens on the other hand, i haven't been back since Christmas last year. They need to open their new drop ride and fix cheetah hunt so it doesn't go down every other hour. I didn't see anything that needed refreshing though.

Busch gardens doesn't need another ride for a couple of years. Sheikra and Cheetah hunt are still "new".

cheezbat

When i was their July 2nd the stables were still in use. I dont think a new coaster is expected for atleast 5 years, they need their attendance to grow. Updating and refreshing stale features of the park like wild Arctic, Kraken, Atlantis, and Clyde and Seamore, would help increase park attendance overtime to were the need to add another attraction to handle capacity.

Busch Gardens on the other hand, i haven't been back since Christmas last year. They need to open their new drop ride and fix cheetah hunt so it doesn't go down every other hour. I didn't see anything that needed refreshing though.

Busch gardens doesn't need another ride for a couple of years. Sheikra and Cheetah hunt are still "new".

The drop tower is new for sure...Cheetah Hunt is 3 years old...Sheikra...9 years old...not so new. They tend to open a big coaster every 3-4 years.

919Florida

Clyde and Seamore will be closing at the end of the summer season to begin production on the brand new show that is in the works. It will debut for early 2015 and the current rumours out there is that it will be called Clyde and Seamore go back to school. Nothing confirmed by SeaWorld to the public yet but its only a matter of time.

Really looking forward to this new show

Crazydisneyfanluke

Clyde and Seamore will be closing at the end of the summer season to begin production on the brand new show that is in the works. It will debut for early 2015 and the current rumours out there is that it will be called Clyde and Seamore go back to school. Nothing confirmed by SeaWorld to the public yet but its only a matter of time.

Really looking forward to this new show
ABOUT TIME!

919Florida

Just a heads up to further back this news of Clyde & Seamore changes coming. The Sealions up close tour in the park is no longer available for booking after Aug 10. So its safe to assume Aug 10th may be the last day to see Clyde and Seamore take pirate island. Also yesterday SeaWorld released their Christmas celebration pacakges and for this years reserved seating all Christmas Shows are listed except for Clyde & Seamore Countdown to Christmas. I will keep you informed as I find out more.

919Florida

The closure of Clyde and Seamore Take Pirate Island was confirmed by SeaWorld today with the following statement:

After 15 years of hilarious hijinks and pinniped pranks, SeaWorld Orlando’s “Clyde and Seamore Take Pirate Island” sails into the sunset, with its last show on August 10. Join us over the next two weeks as we say farewell to the longest-running show in SeaWorld history. And stay tuned to learn about Clyde and Seamore’s next show and adventure!

Pixie VaVoom

yeah...Sheikra gets rave reviews from the Travel Channel. Love to watch but I can't ride !!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom