Is Stitch's Great Escape as bad as everyone says it is?

Gullywhumper

Original Poster
I have never been on it, because people have not praised it very well, and there has always been other things that have distracted me there anyways. Is it as bad as people say it is?

Gullywhumper

Original Poster
The only way to know is to go on yourself and decide. There is no one ride that everyone agrees on, good or bad. Personally, I don't mind the ride - it's not my first destination, but I'll go in while we're walking through Tomorrowland. Any attraction at WDW is better than being at work!
Agreed!

shipley731

I much preferred it's predecessor "Alien Encounter". After they made the switch to the Stitch version, I can't remember going more than once or twice. It's not high my to do list.

psukardi

Yes. It's horrible.

Helicopter parents that couldn't fathom their precious unique snowflake getting scared on a ride called "Alien Encounter" had to go and ruin it for everyone and replace it with this junk. They might as well just make the MK a giant kiddie park with nothing but meet & greets and kiddie rides and be done with it already.

Gullywhumper

Original Poster
Yes. It's horrible.

Helicopter parents that couldn't fathom their precious unique snowflake getting scared on a ride called "Alien Encounter" had to go and ruin it for everyone and replace it with this junk. They might as well just make the MK a giant kiddie park with nothing but meet & greets and kiddie rides and be done with it already.
I'm sure some kids have seen much worse then an exploding alien!

AE is was awesome and scary and unique. I remember actually letting out little screams. Now it pales in comparison and if you don't remember to sit up super tall and push your shoulders up as high as possible, it'll feel like it's going to break them. We still do it every time we're there, but just once and only because we do all rides just once. This would be the first thing I would ditch on a trip if we were hurting on time to do things.

JIMINYCR

OH YES...Stitch is BAAAAD. AE was a fantastic ride... Experiencing the thrill of AE and then going on Stitch, leaves you with immense sadness. :cry: They tried to satisfy the few who complained and ignored the many who loved it. Disney could have left it in place and put an age restriction or sterner warning to parents w/ younger kids..includes moments which may be scary, not appropriate for young children. Another great ride falls by the wayside....:arghh:

psukardi

OH YES...Stitch is BAAAAD. AE was a fantastic ride... Experiencing the thrill of AE and then going on Stitch, leaves you with immense sadness. :cry: They tried to satisfy the few who complained and ignored the many who loved it. Disney could have left it in place and put an age restriction or sterner warning to parents w/ younger kids..includes moments which may be scary, not appropriate for young children. Another great ride falls by the wayside....:arghh:

They tried to satisfy the stay at home parents. You know the types. The ones that are on the HOA committee that have nothing better to do than have some crusade to protect their baby. Touting the line "Think of the children". The ones that got dodge ball banned from school because it was too violent and little Timmothy who was slow & skinny & un-athletic kept getting drilled in the head.

Kuzcotopia

They tried to satisfy the stay at home parents. You know the types. The ones that are on the HOA committee that have nothing better to do than have some crusade to protect their baby. Touting the line "Think of the children". The ones that got dodge ball banned from school because it was too violent and little Timmothy who was slow & skinny & un-athletic kept getting drilled in the head.

You made me laugh!

How many kids do you have, BTW?

psukardi

You made me laugh!

How many kids do you have, BTW?

When the good lord decides to bless us with one I'll let you know. I'm content where things are at - but I have many childhood memories being at Disney with my parents (more specifically my father) and I'd like to be on the opposite side in the future.

Kuzcotopia

When the good lord decides to bless us with one I'll let you know. I'm content where things are at - but I have many childhood memories being at Disney with my parents (more specifically my father) and I'd like to be on the opposite side in the future.

Awesome! You'll be great parents! I have a 5 year old, and she'll start kindergarden the Monday after our next family trip to WL.

Not looking forward to PTA stuff, most likely run by those wacky helicopter parents. You know, we actually bought my daughter one of those dodgeballs, and we often bean each other when we're in the backyard.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom