2014 Food and Wine Festival marketplace kiosks

omurice

Thanks for this! Looks like 2013 but the most notable changes to me were:
  • CHEESE is gone! :eek: (possibly my favorite country on Earth), but Hops and Barley got an artisan cheese plate at least
  • Puerto Rico is new
  • Argentina renamed to Patagonia, very similar menu at least 2 entrees
  • Florida Local swapped out for Farm Fresh, drinks similar but the 2 entrees swapped out
Anyone else see anything notable? Any potential new yumminess? :hungry:

PMC0849

This will be my first time at Food and Wine Festival. I am really excited for this. The potato and leek waffle with beer braised beef from Belgium sounds amazing to me, has that been there in past?

A question for those who have been before. My boyfriend and I had planned to spend a day just enjoying the festival, going around and sharing a sampling from every booth that looks good. Are we gonna hit 2-3 booths and be totally stuffed for the day or are these more sampling sizes and if we split them it's 5-6 things until we'll take a food break?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
A question for those who have been before. My boyfriend and I had planned to spend a day just enjoying the festival, going around and sharing a sampling from every booth that looks good. Are we gonna hit 2-3 booths and be totally stuffed for the day or are these more sampling sizes and if we split them it's 5-6 things until we'll take a food break?
To be equivalent to a diner, you will need about 5 or 6 items each. Most dishes are 3 or 4 bites at the most.

Here is a look at the actual dishes.
http://www.wdwmagic.com/events/inte...sep2012-2012-food-and-wine-festival-foods.htm

belledream

This will be my first time at Food and Wine Festival. I am really excited for this. The potato and leek waffle with beer braised beef from Belgium sounds amazing to me, has that been there in past?
It was there last year. We got it. It was yummy! Also for the price (~$4), it was a good bang-for-the-buck item for us.
1391523_1996633795246_678825870_n.jpg

Perfect! I went through the list yesterday and I pretty much want to try at least one thing per booth it seems. I figure we can share anything we both will eat and then if we love something, go back and have our own!

psukardi

Think of it like going out for Tapas - you'll need to gnosh a bit to fill up. Also, I would advise against going to F&W on Friday/Saturday/Sunday if at all possible as you'll get a large influx of locals going to get their drink on. That being said it's a blast and I can not wait until October! 90 days out!

Roakor

So how much doe the samples at the kiosks typically cost? Or do you buy an event ticket and get so many samples? How does it all work. I have never been but I am planning a trip in the next few years and I am curious how it works.

Phonedave

So how much doe the samples at the kiosks typically cost? Or do you buy an event ticket and get so many samples? How does it all work. I have never been but I am planning a trip in the next few years and I am curious how it works.

They cost a lot more than they should.

Plan on $4 per sample and up. Drinks $5 per sample and up.

Granted it costs a lot, granted it is a rip off, granted a lot of the samples are simply frozen bulk restaruant food (I am looking at you baklava and spanikopita - at least put the boxes away to preserve the fantasy), but I will say the we are not going this year, and we are very sad about it.

It is a lot of fun. It is in no way a bargin, nor is it very high quality food, but it is decent and you can have a very good time sampling. I suggest you take some classes or wine & food tastings as well.

-dave

DisneyDebNJ

Think of it like going out for Tapas - you'll need to gnosh a bit to fill up. Also, I would advise against going to F&W on Friday/Saturday/Sunday if at all possible as you'll get a large influx of locals going to get their drink on. That being said it's a blast and I can not wait until October! 90 days out!
This is excellent advice, but I found Sundays not to be too, too bad. Last year, Saturdays were RIDICULOUS. DTD which is normally busy on Saturdays was not crowded, everyone was at Epcot LOL

psukardi

Yup, Saturday is a just a madhouse. This year, weather pending, I'll see if I can do a 1/2 day at MGM & then spend the rest of it relaxing at the pool drinking over-priced Gin & Tonics.

Roakor

It is a lot of fun. It is in no way a bargin, nor is it very high quality food, but it is decent and you can have a very good time sampling. I suggest you take some classes or wine & food tastings as well.

-dave

Ya we were looking at doing some tastings too. We are actually planning on this being our first trip to Disney with out the kids, as they will all no longer be kids and can fend for themselves by then (or so thats the plan :)). So we were looking at splurging a bit this trip. Looking at staying at a non value resort, doing some of the tours, getting the deluxe dinning plan so we can hit the Signature restaurants. And of course taking in the food and wine festival. I thought someone had once told me you could use your Snacks from the DDP at the Food and Wine festival, is this true?

psukardi

You can use your snacks @ the DDP from what I remember. If you DO do a tour - Keys to the Kingdom is where it's at.

belledream

Ya we were looking at doing some tastings too. We are actually planning on this being our first trip to Disney with out the kids, as they will all no longer be kids and can fend for themselves by then (or so thats the plan :)). So we were looking at splurging a bit this trip. Looking at staying at a non value resort, doing some of the tours, getting the deluxe dinning plan so we can hit the Signature restaurants. And of course taking in the food and wine festival. I thought someone had once told me you could use your Snacks from the DDP at the Food and Wine festival, is this true?
You can use your snacks @ the DDP from what I remember. If you DO do a tour - Keys to the Kingdom is where it's at.
Yup! Use your snack credits. You're getting snacks that cost $4-$7 as opposed to $3. Not able to use it on alcohol though.

Phonedave

Yes you can use snack credits. Really though, the DDP is a bigger waste than it normally is if you are planning on going to Signature restaruants.

If you are looking at non-value resorts, and you can get an Epcot area resort, it makes F&W that much more enjoyable.

-dave

NeedMoreMickey

Wonder if there will any chance of booth or two will open early. In 2009 we checked out Friday morning the day the Festival started but a few booths opened Wednesday.

DisneyDebNJ

Yup, Saturday is a just a madhouse. This year, weather pending, I'll see if I can do a 1/2 day at MGM & then spend the rest of it relaxing at the pool drinking over-priced Gin & Tonics.
thats our plan, either DTD or Boardwalk for dinner and then hit the pool at night. Last year, the weekends were the worse I've ever seen it at Epcot during F&W.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom