Planning Bug is definitely in full gear...

Jessica Meier

So I am VERY far out from our next trip...October 2015. I have been planning and thinking about how many days we want to go and where to eat (we will use the 1-1-1 dining plan). The thing that is getting me is having to wait so long for hours to come out. Are hours pretty regular each year. I have a "plan" made using the hours for the same week we are going but just using 2014 hours.

Jessica Meier

Original Poster
I am also curious...I know I have seen people discuss the best days of the week to visit certain parks. For the time I am going I know to avoid weekends at Epcot because of Food & Wine. But just wondering because I have a feeling the days I am picking to go to MK are gonna be bad. Saturday and Friday.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Theres a lot of different views of what days are best and viewing different crowd calendar sites differ in opinions. Heres one that shows MK as being Medium on Sat & Fri. When I plan I plan by using the crowd calendars but I always get park hopper passes so in case I end up with unexpected crowd levels I can hop over to another park and try again. Oct 2015 at least gives you time to tweak the plans as you get closer and the new years figures / guesses are published on the crowd calendar sites.

Best Days to Visit the Parks
These are the estimated attendance levels at the parks based on past history, and Extra Magic Hours, and are given as a general guide only.
They can vary throughout the year depending on various factors (EMH changes, special events). At peak times, each park will be busy every day.

DayMagic KingdomEpcotDisney's Hollywood StudiosAnimal Kingdom
Monday
HighLowMediumHigh
TuesdayLowHighLowHigh
WednesdayMediumMediumHighMedium
ThursdayHighLowMediumLow
FridayMediumHighMediumLow
SaturdayMediumMediumMediumMedium
SundayMediumMediumHighMedium

Upvote 0

Jessica Meier

Original Poster
So we have switched from 8 to 7 nights because my hubby doesn't want to rush getting there. We usually drive about 6 hrs after work, stop and drive the remaining 4 the following day. So we will be staying 7 nights and have a 6 day park hopper. Now to decide if we should do the DDP. Based on my estimates we will probably spend less than what it costs with of ADRs. He likes that food is paid for but I might be able to sway him if I have enough GCs to cover food. Hmmm

Upvote 0

Mr Toad

So we have switched from 8 to 7 nights because my hubby doesn't want to rush getting there. We usually drive about 6 hrs after work, stop and drive the remaining 4 the following day. So we will be staying 7 nights and have a 6 day park hopper. Now to decide if we should do the DDP. Based on my estimates we will probably spend less than what it costs with of ADRs. He likes that food is paid for but I might be able to sway him if I have enough GCs to cover food. Hmmm
Oh boy, the ol' DDP...
I don't use it anymore b/c its not worth it to us. I have used it in the past. I can agree with your husband that it is real nice having your meals prepaid. This past trip, 2nd in a row w/o DDP. We just converted what was in our savings account into a couple of large visa GC. Through my workplace, I am able to deposit my paycheck into a maximum of 4 accounts. I have a very small portion going into a "vacation" account. We used these GC for our food & souvenirs.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom