Citricos or Sanaa??

meganwdw

Original Poster
We've never been to either and I cannot decide which one we should try. I'm not that adventurous of an eater but would like to check out AKL, especially during the holidays. Any of my fellow WDW pals have any advice? Which would you choose and why?

zurgandfriend

I’m not a big fan of Indian food so I would go with Citrico’s which is great but it is a signature restaurant. If you want to “check out” the Animal Kingdom Lodge and have a great meal how about Jiko?

meganwdw

Original Poster
We will be on the dining plan and had set aside 2 credits for CG but lost our reservation when we had to switch our trip dates! Boo!!! We've never been to Jiko either. Decisions, decisions!!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Both Jiko and Sanaa are all about being adventurous and trying new flavors. If you don't like to do that, I would not do them. Citricos is very good, but is a more conventional menu.

EvilQueen-T

Sounds like you might be more comfortable with Citricos. We've been there tons of times and have always had great meals and service. When I go with less brave eaters I always suggest looking at the protein and going from there. If there is something you just know you absolutely don't like or won't eat that's part of the description ask if it can be held off or ask if the protein can be done with one of the other meal set ups on the menu. Worst case scenario try something new and if you hate it grab something later if you're still hungry.

acishere

I would book Citricos in your situation. Jiko and Sanaa do have a couple things on the menu that you might enjoy, but overall offer food that will have a bit of spice or something that you are probably not going to be used to. I wouldn't drop Citricos for it, but if you have any buffets in your reservation lineup I would swap that for a meal at Boma if you want an excuse to visit AKL. You will be able to find more conventional food there.

NiarrNDisney

Personally my vote goes to Sanaa for atmosphere, food, service and their prices are on point! I don't really care for the menu at Citricos because I find it a bit stuffy and once again it seems a bit over priced for what you get especially when you compare it to other restaurants with somewhat similar menus. Personally I would rather go to BlueZoo, Narcoossee's or The Wave for dinner over Citricos.

Last edited:

sbkline

We ate at Citricos last year. We were not impressed. Not much on the menu that appealed much to us. I guess we just don't have a gourmet pallet. We ate at Sannaa in 2010 and had good food, plus being able to see the animals outside. So that would be my vote.

omurice

Sanaa is fun, both the food and the atmosphere. Indian and African inspired. Some spicy dishes, but nothing too outrageous.
My advice is go to Sanaa for lunch then go around back of Kidani villas and look at the wildlife on their savannah, one door to this area is directly across from the Sanaa check-in. Or if you go for dinner, be sure to stroll around before sundown. BTW - there are multiple points to view wildlife, behind Sanaa is just one of the best spots. You can even see out the windows.
Jambo House has more extensive trails, and Kidani's viewing spots are more broken up, but there are still some very interesting animals to view. Each savannah has different set of animals.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom