Pre-Trip You're going again? You're CRAZY!!

As the title suggests, I just might be a little crazy. After a wonderful 10 day Disney vacation last July, it is time to go back. It wasn't enough, I want more! Every time I mention to a family member or a friend that I am returning to my home, they think I'm nuts! (I might be, but that's a different story!) I figured the best place for people to share my sentiments and excitement would be here... 148 days until Disney!!!

I am returning with my best friend, she's the brunette. I'm the blonde. We survived our last vacation without one single fight.. okay MAYBE I sang "IMAGINATIONNNNNNNN" one too many times.. but we came away from our trip closer than ever. Why not do it again? We're young and we are living for the moment. My Disney Visa may be maxed out at the current moment, but I have 125 reward dollars to spend! It's the little things. :)

We are going the last week of June, staying at Art of Animation for three nights and then taking a DISNEY CRUISE! Going on the Disney Dream for four nights. Yippee! I've never done a cruise, ever. My only experience with ships is from the movie Titanic. Here's hoping there's no icebergs in the Bahamas.

Below is our itinerary.. I would love feedback and suggestions on what to do and how we can make this trip just as special as last time! I'm hoping to try the cupcake challenge again.. since I only have 3 days of eating cupcakes I hope I can succeed.

Day One:

We land in Orlando around 9:30 AM. Figured we would head to the resort AoA for brunch in the food court, check out our new digs if the room is ready, and then it's off to Hollywood Studios.

We plan to do a full day at the park and then head over for dinner at Whispering Canyon at the Wilderness Lodge. We both have never eaten here. I am excited! The only "must do" we have is to head over to the Animation Academy and draw something! We had such a blast last time, even if I am a terrible artist!

Day Two:

We want get up early and make it to the park opening of Epcot. Do some attractions in Future World, then head over to the World Showcase as soon as it opens. I tried drinking around the world last visit and didn't succeed, so I want to try again! We also want to spend more time just wandering the countries, and I need to get ice cream from Glaces!

Lunch.. we are not sure. Any counter service suggestions?

Dinner: Biergarten.. again another first for us! I keep reading good things on the forums about this restaurant.. let's hope they are true! It took some heavy convincing for my friend to agree to eat here. She wanted to do Chefs de France again, but I kept arguing that we just did it last trip! It may have been one of the best meals I ate in those 10 days, but I want to try new things!! Who's with me!

Day Three:

Wake up early and make it to rope drop at Magic Kingdom! This trip consists of a lot of waking up early in the beginning, but we hope once we get on the cruise we can relax. The parks are GO GO GO! I'm hoping the Mine Train is open in June (geesh, it better be!) and I'm excited for the new parade. Other than that, we will most likely do whatever we can, we spent a majority of our last trip in the MK so if we miss something this time it will not be a big deal.

Lunch... not sure? What are your favorite counter service restaurants?

Dinner: Tony's.. a first for me. My friend raves about this place and since I got to pick our Epcot dinner, she got to pick our MK one. I love Italian food so I'm sure I'll love Tony's! For the life of me, I cannot think of where Tony's is on Main St.. and I feel like I know that street like the back of my hand!

I feel like it will be weird going to MK on the last day, usually it's the first day for every trip! I guess the anticipation will make it even more worth the wait. How do you guys decide the order of the parks? It's such a tough decision!
Day Four-Eight:

Getting picked up and taken to Port Canaveral and boarding the Disney Dream. Here's where I don't know what do with myself because I don't know how to plan the cruise!

We will be staying on deck 6 and have the later dining rotation. Besides that, that's all I know! Here's hoping I love it out at sea! We paid a little more for a porthole.. hoping a window helps us if we feel confined!

This was the itinerary given for on-board:

Day 1. Port Canaveral, Florida on board 3:45 p.m.
Day 2. Nassau 9:30 AM until 5:45 PM
Day 3. Castaway Cay 8:30 AM until 4:30 PM
Day 4. At Sea
Day 5. Port Canaveral, Florida 7:30 AM

Any tips for first time cruisers? I read on here somewhere to take the mixology course offered.

Thanks for sticking with me this far! Just got so excited that I had to make a pre-trip report. I love reading everyone's reports.. and getting insight and ideas for my own trip. Love this forum so much!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
IMO it would not be weird at all! Magic Bands are awesome! We just returned from a week at WDW and we all refused to take off our magic Bands until we were all the way home. It made me soooooo sad to take it off. I may or may not have worn it around the house for awhile yesterday ;)! It isn't as much fun to wear it when there aren't any green Mickeys lighting up at your house!

I have a feeling I may grow quite attached to my magic band. I hope I can pry that thing off when I get home. I can't imagine the depressed like state you must be living in without those green mickey heads lighting up! HAHA :) I get upset when I get home from a day trip down the shore and have to rip off my wristband beach pass.. I can't imagine the pain I am going to feel.. Thanks for the warning LOL

DisSplash

I have small wrists and I was soooo tempted to detach the larger part from the child size band. Thank goodness I read your story first! Haha... Why do they make the plastic peely part look sooo tempting?

I'm glad the CM made you feel a bit better, I would be upset without my name, but does it really make a big difference? I read on here once when you meet the characters they know your name in advance, which I think is super neat! I want Mickey to say "Hello, Nicole!"

I can make my fit on the child size, but I will take your advice and leave it alone. I can't believe the will power you must have possessed to leave them in their boxes that long! You GO! I could never do that.. I already wanna wear it daily.. is that weird?

As far as the name thing goes, my experience was that the magic band radiates data from quite a distance, so you can be sure those cast members with an electronic device handy will be able to greet you by name. In fact, when we were there, we had fast passes for the Be Our Guest lunch at 10:45 (I took what I could get) and as I was walking up to the little house/counter thing to try to identify my family and check in the cast member there welcomed me by name and then named my husband and kids. I was amazed. There was no line at the counter at that point and we were still a good three feet away! So no worries - your name data is there. I was just sad that I ruined the original band with my name pre-printed on the inside.

I am sure there are some women who can use theirs child-sized, but in the heat and humidity, a little looseness may be more comfortable, especially since you will be wearing it all day. I knew my too-small band was just not going to cut it. But if you are really curious, and before you pull that strip off, you could check to see if they have samples at the front desk when you check in to your hotel. Maybe you could try one out before you decide to resize it forever? (because there is no going back ...):(

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
As far as the name thing goes, my experience was that the magic band radiates data from quite a distance, so you can be sure those cast members with an electronic device handy will be able to greet you by name. In fact, when we were there, we had fast passes for the Be Our Guest lunch at 10:45 (I took what I could get) and as I was walking up to the little house/counter thing to try to identify my family and check in the cast member there welcomed me by name and then named my husband and kids. I was amazed. There was no line at the counter at that point and we were still a good three feet away! So no worries - your name data is there. I was just sad that I ruined the original band with my name pre-printed on the inside.

I am sure there are some women who can use theirs child-sized, but in the heat and humidity, a little looseness may be more comfortable, especially since you will be wearing it all day. I knew my too-small band was just not going to cut it. But if you are really curious, and before you pull that strip off, you could check to see if they have samples at the front desk when you check in to your hotel. Maybe you could try one out before you decide to resize it forever? (because there is no going back ...):(

Hey, ya live and ya learn.. your original magic band just wasn't meant to be! At least they were still able to use all the capabilities!

I just got to fastpass plus be our guest for lunch... soooo excited! I hope they say "hello, nicole!" I didn't pre-order my meal because who knows what I will feel like that day?? LOL.. did you like lunch there? Did dinner last time and really enjoyed it.

And I will leave my magic band alone. Thank you soooo much for your advice :)

stevehousse

Lunch at be our guest was good! We hvent done dinner, but plan on hopefully getting another FP for it for our upcoming trip!

The preordering seems to be quite glitchy from what I hear still. Most of the time it still doesn't work. This happened to us last year...but it worked out fine as we just reordered at the counter...

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Lunch at be our guest was good! We hvent done dinner, but plan on hopefully getting another FP for it for our upcoming trip!

The preordering seems to be quite glitchy from what I hear still. Most of the time it still doesn't work. This happened to us last year...but it worked out fine as we just reordered at the counter...

I looked at the options and so many things look so yummy, I can't possibly decide now! French onion soups sounds amazing now but if it's a hot day in the park.. would I really crave that?

I hope it's okay just deciding there! I'm excited that you enjoyed. It makes me more hopeful we'll have an amazing meal :)

LisaBelle

I kept running into glitches and I wasn't able to get a fast pass+ For BOG. But we got super lucky and got in for lunch. Ordering was a breeze & we really enjoyed the food & loved the atmosphere! My son & I had the Croque Monsieur, his girlfriend had the turkey sandwich, & my husband had the vegetable quiche. Thinking about it makes me want to go back right now!

DisSplash

Hey, ya live and ya learn.. your original magic band just wasn't meant to be! At least they were still able to use all the capabilities!

I just got to fastpass plus be our guest for lunch... soooo excited! I hope they say "hello, nicole!" I didn't pre-order my meal because who knows what I will feel like that day?? LOL.. did you like lunch there? Did dinner last time and really enjoyed it.

And I will leave my magic band alone. Thank you soooo much for your advice :)

Definitely living and learning here! I can also usually run with the punches, but when you have so many emotions tied up in something, it get a little difficult sometimes. But you're right -- in the end it didn't matter because it still worked beautifully.

I LOVED lunch there at BOG, and so did my kids! The food was delicious. I did have the French onion soup (it was January), which I thought was good, but not as good as the version I had an old restaurant in Shrewsbury, NJ a long time ago (not even sure of that restaurant is still there, but it's the best I've ever had so far). But the fries were great and the ham and cheese sandwich was sooooooo tasty! That was actually my favorite thing. The desserts were pretty awesome too! We did not preorder, and it really didn't matter because ordering was a breeze. It was similar to the ordering at Captain Cook's at the Poly. Just tap what you want.

You must be going crazy with excitement as your trip is really getting close! :joyfull:

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Definitely living and learning here! I can also usually run with the punches, but when you have so many emotions tied up in something, it get a little difficult sometimes. But you're right -- in the end it didn't matter because it still worked beautifully.

I LOVED lunch there at BOG, and so did my kids! The food was delicious. I did have the French onion soup (it was January), which I thought was good, but not as good as the version I had an old restaurant in Shrewsbury, NJ a long time ago (not even sure of that restaurant is still there, but it's the best I've ever had so far). But the fries were great and the ham and cheese sandwich was sooooooo tasty! That was actually my favorite thing. The desserts were pretty awesome too! We did not preorder, and it really didn't matter because ordering was a breeze. It was similar to the ordering at Captain Cook's at the Poly. Just tap what you want.

You must be going crazy with excitement as your trip is really getting close! :joyfull:
I cannot wait to eat at be our guest for lunch, I keep hearing such wonderful things!! I'm so excited!! Only 19 more days :)

bmarkelon

image.jpg

So, 16 days from my trip and this happens. But, it got me working on my April TR finally. Ugh....

bmarkelon

What on earth did you do?!? That stinks! At least it's not a hard cast!!! Can you walk??? You poor thing!!!
It's just a really bad sprain, reinjured an old injury. I know I'll have issues walking all day in the parks in 15 days so it's a total bummer. I'm doing everything I can to recover quickly though!! I'm too excited for this trip!

LisaBelle

You are almost to the 2 week mark :happy:! You must be getting super excited. We came back about a week ago and I am wanting to write my first ever trip report. Your TR from last summer was awesome. Did you type it all here on the site or did you type it as a word document and attach it as a file? I wasn't sure of the best way to approach it. Any advice you have to offer is appreciated. Thanks!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
It's just a really bad sprain, reinjured an old injury. I know I'll have issues walking all day in the parks in 15 days so it's a total bummer. I'm doing everything I can to recover quickly though!! I'm too excited for this trip!

Just stay positive!! You will be able to experience the world at a slower pace, we sometimes miss the best things because we are rushing around! I will send pixie dust and speedy recovery hugs your way :)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
You are almost to the 2 week mark :happy:! You must be getting super excited. We came back about a week ago and I am wanting to write my first ever trip report. Your TR from last summer was awesome. Did you type it all here on the site or did you type it as a word document and attach it as a file? I wasn't sure of the best way to approach it. Any advice you have to offer is appreciated. Thanks!

How was your trip?!? I can't wait to read all about it!! When I wrote my last one it was kind of just spur of the moment and I did it all on the forum. It always saves your drafts.. That helped a lot. This go around I may do a word document.. My computer is so shaky and old I'm afraid of it just shutting down in the middle of something!i found the memories flowed back easily and I just followed the order of my pictures. Sorry my advice is not the greatest lol!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom