Diagon Alley reviews thread

Disneyhead'71

I actually think Kong and Willie Wonka could make two awesome rides. Taking a tour of Wonka's factory on that creepy boat would rock!
The Wonka Pitch I heard was a giant factory in the remaining Lost Continent with 3 rides inside. A Glass Elevator E Ticket, The Wonkatania boat ride, and a Fizzy Lifting Drink Lab with a flat similar to Jumping Jellyfish in TDS. And of course, the giant room with the chocolate river.

I personally think that Seuss into Dahl into Rowling would be a fantastic right side of the park.

seahawk7

I actually think Kong and Willie Wonka could make two awesome rides. Taking a tour of Wonka's factory on that creepy boat would rock!
Or something with the first time they walk into the area where everything is edible. Also when Charlie and his grandfather have to burp so they don't get killed my the blades of the exhaust fan. I'm thinking the Gene Wilder version.

seahawk7

The Wonka Pitch I heard was a giant factory in the remaining Lost Continent with 3 rides inside. A Glass Elevator E Ticket, The Wonkatania boat ride, and a Fizzy Lifting Drink Lab with a flat similar to Jumping Jellyfish in TDS. And of course, the giant room with the chocolate river.

I personally think that Seuss into Dahl into Rowling would be a fantastic right side of the park.
Yes! Those were some of the scenes I had in mind!

SJN1279

Now is it the Johnny Depp or Gene Wilder version? I love Depp, but I think the Wilder version is a better film. Depp is also Mr. Disney and really doesn't fit with Universal.

I just want to go to the factory!!

lazyboy97o

Getting the rights to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory pretty much means agreeing to avoid Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory like the plague.

Tom Morrow

Original Poster
See I sort of wouldn't want an attraction based on Kong 360 here, because, in the end, it's another screen based ride. Universal has been hitting it out of the park, but they do need some variety.

Mike S

I believe that they would go with neither film, but Universal Creative's take on the source material.
This really would be a great addition to the park and like you said it would fit in perfectly between Seuss and Rowling. I think it would be pretty cool to see a whole new take on the story envisioned entirely by Universal Creative plus the only movie they could probably base it on would be the Tim Burton one since all the actors from the original are either much older or dead and I would hate to see them try to get lookalikes. Original take all the way.

Mike S

See I sort of wouldn't want an attraction based on Kong 360 here, because, in the end, it's another screen based ride. Universal has been hitting it out of the park, but they do need some variety.
The ride apparently isn't just a copy of King Kong 360 3D. Here's a quote from the Kong Skull Island thread.
Let me know what you get from this statement. Courtesy Hate To Fly @HTF in a post he shared a little less than a year ago on another forum.
"The entrance themed to ruins with waterfalls bursting out of the façade. It will feature a massive themed “underground” temple queue surround among more ancient ruins. The tandem entertainment guided EMV’s will leave the temple and head out into the wilderness. Outside will feature large AA’s most that we avoid as our guide shows us the way on our journey. We then enter the massive sound stage where we will encounter numerous AA’s, giant insects, projected effects, live fire effects, and a host of other live effects. We will also see one creature utilize Kukas for arms that attack the RV’s. At one point even our driver is captured and were left to fend for ourselves in the wilderness. The final and very large scene involves the big man coming from multiple angles on both sides of the RV. "
@HTF can you confirm if this is still the plan?

seahawk7

One last comment on the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory thing. Most people don't know this, but the whole thing is just a retelling of Dante's Inferno. The Wonkatania scene is the Ferryman and the River Styx.
WoW did not know that. Cool. In the River Styx do they have Mr Roboto? :facepalm:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom