Plan Vacation for Before or After Race

MickeyMomV

They were not bad. We were able to hop busses over to espn to get bibs without any issues and same on race day for both my husbands 5k and my 10 miler. We have definitely seen it busier than what it was. A lot of people i talked to at the race were leaving the very next day. I wouldn't worry to much you should have no big issues!!!! Have fun it's a great time!!!

amy1985

They were not bad. We were able to hop busses over to espn to get bibs without any issues and same on race day for both my husbands 5k and my 10 miler. We have definitely seen it busier than what it was. A lot of people i talked to at the race were leaving the very next day. I wouldn't worry to much you should have no big issues!!!! Have fun it's a great time!!!
That sounds good. Thank you!

COrunner

Hi all,

My wife plans to do the 2015 half and I plan on the 10K. Is it a better idea to arrive early and have our vacation beforehand and do some practice runs in the area during the days prior to the race (we live in CT where it will be difficult to run outside in December and January) or is it better to arrive just a day or two prior and have the vacation after? I feel like if I have the vacation first, I will have nerves all week, but if it is after, I want to be able to handle all the walking. What do you all do?

Race first.

Most of our running, racing is always followed by the vacation. This way you don't worry about pre-race meals/taper or the odd injury.

Plus the best thing you can do post race is keep moving so you don't go from active to zero and let lactic acid build up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom