Disneyland's 60th Birthday: Rumors, Speculation and News

RMichael21

The only thing at DLR that is Pixar and is something that I enjoy is Cars Land and Toy Story Midway Mania. Everything else just seems shoved in your face. I mean, how does Buzz Lightyear fit that well into Tomorrowland?

deix15x8

From a pretty reliable source @HTF

HTF @hatetofly

So yeah MyMagic and My Disney Experience is coming to Disneyland Resort. Good luck with that...

4:17 PM - 22 Jul 2014

My guess is this would come about after the 60th. Call it is 60th hangover :banghead:

Ugh, going for the first time next fall. Hopeing for a classic Disney experience. Wouldn't mind if they updated the My Disney Experience app to include Disneyland though. Found it very useful for getting around Disney World and seeing what was going on. Much easier than the paper maps. Don't see why they can't implement the app without the MyMagic part of it. Kind of surprised they don't already have any kind of mobile app for Disneyland. What they do have is just an add real.

Cesar R M

Ugh, going for the first time next fall. Hopeing for a classic Disney experience. Wouldn't mind if they updated the My Disney Experience app to include Disneyland though. Found it very useful for getting around Disney World and seeing what was going on. Much easier than the paper maps. Don't see why they can't implement the app without the MyMagic part of it. Kind of surprised they don't already have any kind of mobile app for Disneyland. What they do have is just an add real.
probably its an entire software package/integrated system ?

Axoman

Disneyland used to be part of the official Disney Parks app, but that app quit working for me last year. It was a nice app too.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Disneyland used to be part of the official Disney Parks app, but that app quit working for me last year. It was a nice app too.

I wonder if not enough people used the DL app to continue to support it. since it's mostly a locals park and most locals won't be using an app to check wait times or find there way around the parks.

Axoman

I wonder if not enough people used the DL app to continue to support it. since it's mostly a locals park and most locals won't be using an app to check wait times or find there way around the parks.

I don't know why they stopped supporting it, this app had both DL and WDW. It was very nice and I used it a lot during my trip to DL last September.

It would be very nice to have a dedicated DL app from Disney.

Travel Junkie

The previous app was supported by Verizon. When WDW switched over to MM+ AT&T became the official Disney wireless company. The Verizon supported app was dropped shortly thereafter.

I’m sure the My Disney experience app will eventually include DLR once they get the infrastructure in place. The parks still don’t even have wifi. In the meantime Mousewait is a very popular (and free) wait time app with locals.

Nland316

Do you think Frozen will be included in WoC?
You know, I was thinking this same exact thing. I personally don't think so because Frozen is the central focus in Winter Dreams. So I think they'll let it take that show so they don't have to let it take over the classic WOC.

Crazydisneyfanluke

You know, I was thinking this same exact thing. I personally don't think so because Frozen is the central focus in Winter Dreams. So I think they'll let it take that show so they don't have to let it take over the classic WOC.

Apparently Winter Dreams is getting a redo...

Winter Dreams is returning (although the show will be very different this year) - the refurb will take place after the holidays are over (early 2015).

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Really? For Disneyland itself or DCA? I would much prefer to get rid of PPP for something new, it's 8 years old! Long over its expiration date! Soundsational at most has at least 2 more years I would think. Funny we haven't heard of a new daytime parade rumor.

I'm having a VERY hard time believing a rumor about a new daytime parade.

I agree with you, PPP has to go.

TP2000

Also, do you know how often does DL change their day parade?

Disneyland gets a new day parade on average every five years. In WDW they also get an all new Magic Kingdom day parade every five years, except WDW executives count in Dog Years. :cool:

But... According to this thread and our new friend @ckozel0318 that timeframe may be broken and Mickey's Soundsational will only last four years.

Mickey's Soundsational Parade, 2011 to 2015??? (Four years?)
maxresdefault.jpg

Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams - Presented by Sylvania, 2005 to 2011 (Six years)
InterviewCh02.jpg

Parade of Stars, 2000 to 2004 (four years)
DisneyParade.jpg

That one was a parade only Cynthia Harriss could have loved, especially with the opening day "music" from February, 2000 that was yanked and replaced within a few weeks.

Nland316

Disneyland gets a new day parade on average every five years. In WDW they also get an all new Magic Kingdom day parade every five years, except WDW executives count in Dog Years. :cool:

But... According to this thread and our new friend @ckozel0318 that timeframe may be broken and Mickey's Soundsational will only last four years.

Mickey's Soundsational Parade, 2011 to 2015??? (Four years?)
maxresdefault.jpg

Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams - Presented by Sylvania, 2005 to 2011 (Six years)
InterviewCh02.jpg

Parade of Stars, 2000 to 2004 (four years)
DisneyParade.jpg

That one was a parade only Cynthia Harriss could have loved, especially with the opening day "music" from February, 2000 that was yanked and replaced within a few weeks.
You forgot about the best Disney parade to date! Celebrate A Street Parade!:D;):hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom