It’s the 2nd Annual UNofficial WDWMagic Girls Cruise!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiggerfanatic

I've never been a wine drinker or beer but I am gonna have to try a few different ones
I will admit to being a beer drinker - I'm just a regular old country gal. Not much of a wine drinker at all. Until I bought that first bottle of dandelion wine as a joke for a friend. Wait until you taste it - it is amazingly good. Planning on cracking open the first bottle on Saturday night before we head up to dinner! And I already have the corkscrew packed!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Question (and I can't believe I am asking this): Has anyone ever brought um, *whispers* boxed wine on a cruise. I was just at Target and they had a selection of different sizes. I thought the boxed wine would be less of a hassle to transport and some boxes only had 3 glasses in it, so I thought could I bring a couple for a few afternoon chill outs.

Oh, and just to make it classier, this was Target branded wine, not even Franzia. :eek:

(Siobhan is probably questioning her
judgment in asking me to be her roomie at this point.)

To quote the great Irish movie "The Quiet Man", NEVER! (as to my judgment)

I visited a not-quite-local wine supermarket today and was delighted by their selection of boxed wines. I will certainly go back before Sept and pick up a box...red or white? ;)

Our exchange has these for $1 each so I'm trying to decide if I want to grab some. I just not sure they would be over ice since you are suppose to freeze them View attachment 59381

You grab some if those Hurricanes for me, and I'll be your friend for life. :D

I will admit to being a beer drinker - I'm just a regular old country gal. Not much of a wine drinker at all. Until I bought that first bottle of dandelion wine as a joke for a friend. Wait until you taste it - it is amazingly good. Planning on cracking open the first bottle on Saturday night before we head up to dinner! And I already have the corkscrew packed!

Dandelion wine?! Can't wait!!

sweetpee_1993

I will admit to a fleeting thought about putting a straw in the smaller boxes, but thought the better of it. Perhaps for a photo, I would do it. LOL

"Momma's Shaky Juice"--hilarious. I haven't had any "shaky juice" since the 4th of July. Cutting out "shaky juice" is the only way I can lose weight. Boo.

Straw in the box would make for a phenomenal photo op!

I'm on the wagon right with you. I had a bottle of wine the weekend after my birthday then a couple 59 calorie beers on July 4th. If I drink I gain/hold weight. I'm down 9 lbs. ideally, 20 more to go. Don't think I can't. I know for a fact I can get at least 15! I am woman, hear my roar!

I've never been a wine drinker or beer but I am gonna have to try a few different ones

You know I was never a wine drinker but I never rule it out. Thanks to YOU I've found moscato which may not even classify as real wine but it's in a wine-y bottle anyway. LOL! Beer has come quite a long way. Of course it's a comfort taste to me that goes back to early childhood :oops:. It's not all bitter and horse....uh....urine :cautious: anymore. I lean towards fruity and refreshing. Haven't I ever made Red Coronas with ya? Talk about fruity girly beer yummy-ness!

I'm with you! Specially being a teenager in a small southern town, beer is king. I'm still trying to acquire some wine taste starting with super sweet fruity moscatos. Dandelion wine sounds fascinating! I'll try anything!

To quote the great Irish movie "The Quiet Man", NEVER! (as to my judgment)

I visited a not-quite-local wine supermarket today and was delighted by their selection of boxed wines. I will certainly go back before Sept and pick up a box...red or white? ;)

You grab some if those Hurricanes for me, and I'll be your friend for life. :D

Dandelion wine?! Can't wait!!

I've read so much about box wines whether in jest or whatever but just from the volume of chatter it's almost like the box is becoming fashionable on some level. Yes?

I have rhubarb, too, which is quite yummy but my suitcase isn't big enough!:p
Rhubarb??? How interesting! When I was a little girl I remember my uncle had made plum wine with plums from the tree in their yard. It was stored in sealed glass liter Coke bottles in the laundry room. I heard many a tale about that wine. Adults climbing trees and the like. That's what the rhubarb makes me think of: some country fella with rhubarb gettin' crafty. ;)

Tiggerfanatic

I remember when I was a kid, my parents decided to try and let some homemade apple cider turn hard. Our old sun porch was lined with glass jugs. One really cold day, one by one, they all exploded. Thank goodness no one was home but the house smelled like a back alley speakeasy for months!

PartOfYourWorld

Creepin on the ladies of leisure thread! :) Love the logo!

Will be watching for you guys on the webcam when you Sail Away! Are you all bringing a sign again???

Wish me and Mom could have joined you-wish the dates were over a whole weekend! (But with lack of vacation days at least I managed to squeeze in a quick 3 night for Christmas time!)

So....

....I don't know about you ladies but I'm in scrimp-mode because on the girls cruise THIS is so happening.

View attachment 59040

This bag looks beautiful!!!! I really want this one too!

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Creepin on the ladies of leisure thread! :) Love the logo!

Will be watching for you guys on the webcam when you Sail Away! Are you all bringing a sign again???

Wish me and Mom could have joined you-wish the dates were over a whole weekend! (But with lack of vacation days at least I managed to squeeze in a quick 3 night for Christmas time!)

This bag looks beautiful!!!! I really want this one too!

Creep away!! :)

Yay! We need someone to take pictures!

We wish you were coming too!

sweetpee_1993

OMGosh! There's a backpack, too! My Disney Visa will beg for mercy!

image.jpg

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Jo Dee Messina's leading off the Eat to the Beat Concert Sept. 19-21. What time is dinner? Wonder if I'd be able to catch her first show.

Tiggerfanatic

Do you think our room at the Contemporary will be ready when I get there, probably around 12:30? I'm thinking of picking up my smaller suitcase and bringing it with me with one bottle of wine in it, and leaving the larger one for Magical Express. I can get the wine in the fridge to get cold for later in the evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom