Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

dancingtodisney

People, this is a fun run. No more PR talk. ;)

Totally have to agree with Texas84 on this.

Totally agree!!! I'm am in no way planning to have any sort of decent time at the wine and dine, I'm far more concerned about how I'm going to manage to get as many photos as possible and still have energy for the after party! Only discussing times for corral placement out of curiosity and to have some idea of where everyone will be heading off from :D

Kristia

AUPr8Hd

Of all the rD races, Wine & Dine is the most likely to run for time :)

With so many miles on the road between WWoS then between AK and DHS, it goes by fairly quick.

Disneymom201

Thinking of fun....is everyone dressing up? I've been searching Etsy for a costume and can't decide to go "all out" or just do something simple, like a tutu.
I'm running solo...hubby will be @ finish line & after party so I'm hoping to meet some of ya before :)

dancingtodisney

Thinking of fun....is everyone dressing up? I've been searching Etsy for a costume and can't decide to go "all out" or just do something simple, like a tutu.
I'm running solo...hubby will be @ finish line & after party so I'm hoping to meet some of ya before :)

I'm unsure too! I was considering belle and having my boyfriend go as gaston!

fmingo36

Totally have to agree with Texas84 on this. Disney races on fun races with the opportunities to see characters, run through parks. If you are a super fast elite runner then go for breaking a record but for me running three previous Disney races, including the coast to coast challenge in 2013, it's all about the fun and escapism that is Disney.

View attachment 59230
Someone even custom upgraded their Corvette into Lightning McQueen - taken during Mile 8 of 2013 Disneyland Half in Toyota Center parking lot (home of Anaheim Ducks NHL team)

Who gets the opportunity to high five Mickey or Minnie or Donald, or Pluto or Goofy at the finish line? Who gets to ride rides, attend special after parties or get a few gift card for the food festival to nosh on after the race? That's the icing on the cake, not the time. If i finish in the window I'm good, and I finished with two decent Disney times.

There are other half marathons that I can focus on my PR times and did so in December 2013 and January 2014. I blew out both my Disney half times by 16-20 minutes. Thank you flat courses and cool temps in Florida and Louisiana.

I run for the character ops!

fmingo36

Yep....I will be at 2:25. No time to do a 10k before August! I wish they would allow you to at least do one in Sept. There aren't a lot of longer distances held in the summer. I didn't do as well as I would have liked on my 10 miler in May and I don't have another half until Oct.

I summited my Hershey 1/2 time. :D

fmingo36

Am I the only one who does not care about character pics? I run every race like I'm going for a PR. To each their own.

I run at Disney for the photo ops. I can run a race anywhere to PR but the Characters op are something that you can only get a Disney race. And to a someone that LOVES Disney characters, a chance to get a picture with a rare character is worth every second I lose standing in line waiting for that picture.

Here's an interesting story-my best friend and I ran the Full marathon back in 2011. We ran together for the first 10 mile and then I saw Rapunzel and Flynn and there is no way I wasn't stopping for that even though the line was long. She said she just wanted to run so I said, "See ya at the finish line" and off she went. After that, I stopped for every character and every mile marker. I took pictures of everything.
The race goes by so fast, I love having those picture to go back and remember what was happening. I see a picture of me, in front of mile 18 and I remember I was thinking "Wow, this is the farthest I've ever ran". I see a picture of me at Mile 23 with Phineas and Ferb and remember how excited I was to see them. I sang Gitchie-Gitchie Goo with them.
My friend that I ran with finished about 40 minutes ahead of me. And when we talk about our marathon experience she doesn't remember hardly any of it. She says the only pictures she has of that event are the ones I took of us in the first 10 miles of the race.

Last edited:

JillC LI

Am I the only one who does not care about character pics? I run every race like I'm going for a PR. To each their own.

My favorite part of running a race at Disney was running through the sights and sounds of one of my favorite places on earth. I don't get overly excited to take pics with characters either, whether during a race or just in a Park. I do like to see them waving and cheering for the runners though - it adds to the ambiance. But I didn't run at Disney to PR - I just ran for fun.

AUPr8Hd

I'm pretty much the same way. In all of the races I've done, I have stopped for one character pic (during the marathon of Dopey this year). And the only reason I did was because I was walking already due to a knee injury.

Kristia

I also am not a huge character picture taker while running and while walking around the parks. I do occasionally stop for a couple though so that I can remember the race. I also take lots of general pics while racing.

fmingo36

I'm just so excited to be participating!!! It's my first Disney Run. I'm not too sure of what to expect, but hope to capture some great memories on my iPhone!

This is a great event! I think the hardest part of the race is training for it because it's a night race and most of
us like to get our runs in during the morning so to start at 10:00 PM throws thing off a bit.

Just remember, it's a night race so the pictures don't usually come out great.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom