The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 2: International Edition - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcool

Qui est-ce que ne parle pas français et qui est-ce que parle français?

Je m'excuse si mon français n'est pas le meilleur. Je ne le parle pas couramment, mais je peux le parler! ;)
I might be wrong but your saying either what's up with the french or why is it in french(probably wrong with both).
And then you say My French is not the best. Then I think something of competition and something that looks like parlor but isnt.

Zweiland

I might be wrong but your saying either what's up with the french or why is it in french(probably wrong with both).
And then you say My French is not the best. Then I think something of competition and something that looks like parlor but isnt.
From my knowledge of Spanish (which is all I needed to pretty much translate your ride script), "parler" probably means "speak".

tcool

From my knowledge of Spanish (which is all I needed to pretty much translate your ride script), "parler" probably means "speak".
how did use Spanish to get parler to speak when it dosen't sound like it which is hablar, but it doesn't surprise me someone used their knowledge of Spanish to for French or vice versa mostly because both langauges have Latin Roots.

Zweiland

how did use Spanish to get parler to speak when it dosen't sound like it which is hablar, but it doesn't surprise me someone used their knowledge of Spanish to for French or vice versa mostly because both langauges have Latin Roots.
Yes, hablar is usually used for "to speak", but I've also heard parlar.

parlar.(Delprov.parlar, hablar).1.tr. Revelar y decir lo que se debe callar o lo que no hay necesidad de que se sepa.2.intr. Hablar con desembarazo o expedición. U. t. c. tr.3.intr.Hablar mucho y sin sustancia.4.intr. Dicho de algunas aves: Hacer sonidos que se asemejan a la locución humana.

tcool

Yes, hablar is usually used for "to speak", but I've also heard parlar.
Ohh... I never heard that word before and I just asked my grandparents and it was rarely used in Cuba so that might be a reason to why I never heard it or mostly because hablar might be newer and parlar older. For example Old English and Modern English one is more common in certain locations.

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
Also, their script in French falls entirely on me. I asked for them to present it this way, so they listened to me. Besides, here's a Google Translation of the entire script, not entirely accurate, but very close.
Syd French: Hi! Sydney names but you can call me Syd. Keep your hands and feet in the car if you know what's good for you. You urchins do not look at my girl. Now get out!

They pass several guests movies Being shot in the hills of Hollywood.

Pass by the scene (Keep Your) Sunny Side Up from Sunny Side Up

Pass by the scene from Wings Where Mary and Jack kiss

Then They see more little shacks Until They head into an alleyway. Where They pass by thugs mugging someone at gunpoint.

Gangster # 1: Boss!

Boss: What!

Gangster # 2: It seems that the baby goods!

Lady # 1: I'm not your baby!

Gangster # 2: This is a brave lady!

Lady # 1: How dare you! Me brave!

Boss: Get her boys!

Gangster # 1: Yes, boss!

Lady # 1: Let me go!

(Stove noise)

Boss: Good job boys! Now get money!

Gangster # 2: Yes, boss!

This Robbery Scene Is Highly Similar to the classic "Banditos" Scene from the famous attraction concept "Western River Expedition".

Rita: Boys About time! It is difficult to be this daddy's girl!

Vernon: Rita But I thought you loved me!

(Gang Members are laughing)

Rita: Stop! Vernon I was there for the cash!

Vernon: You no good gold digger! Do I get a final cash?

Rita: No Vernon you get a check.

(Rita walks off bridge and onto street)

Rita: Kill Vernon boys! Set him on fire!

The guests make a sharp turn into a cave and hear bullets, the bridge collapsing and a splash.

Next, you enter the bustling city of Hollywoodland with icts residents are enjoying a night on the town. You hear the theme song in the background, while people shop and seeing a movie premiere filled with famous people and reporters. This scene HAS Marc Davis to it in various characters,: such as a silent movie actor talks Have you way too much to reporters, a photographer blinds Have you an actor, and Many Other gags.

In front of the Theatre:

Silent Movie Actor:

Hello! 1

This is simply the bee's knees! 2

Just between you and me, I'm carrying a torch for Babe Ruth. 3

I personally do not take wooden nickels 4

Like my glad rags, I found them in Paris! 5

My car is a hay burner. 6

I'm a live wire you know? 7

carry over:

Miss? 1

How was your film? 2

Miss, plans for future projects? 3

Miss I did not ask this, but good to know .4

You have experienced Paris? 5

What model of car? 6

Downspout please? 7

Photographer:

Sir! 1

Smile! 2

Oh my finger was in the way .3

It is unclear how about another? 4

Just smile! 5

Actor:

Like this? 2

Fine. 3

I can not see! 4

On Top of Taxi Cabs are 3 three couples doing the Charleston to Runnin 'Wild.

Across the theater Will Be blinds. Stores:

· The Fortune Teller's Stall: The Fortune Teller Will Always be Predicting the past.

Fortune Teller: Me approach and let me reveal the future .. I see Edgar Rice Burroughs release a book of apeman. Music called Jazz will begin. A great movie will be released called the Great Train Robbery.

· Rita's Definitely Not Secret Hideout Shop: Wanted Posters Will Be plastered all over the exterior of the shop saying Rita Wanted! And, If anyone finds Rita's Hideout contacting the Police. Every once in a while Rita Will open the door and look around and snicker.

· Tin Pan Alley: There Would Be a huge hole on the storefront shaped like a car. Inside Will Be aisles of self-playing tin pans.

· On the Level: in the store front window Will Be lying detector Which Will Always be on lying mode.

When your car turns around, the guests Will See the inside of Some classy buildings, and things start to get a little wild, seeing inside of speakeasies and wild flapper parts and start to go into the Hollywood underbelly. Then you see an old cop directing traffic, one car going down one street, Reviews another the other way. This Is Where the car split into two routes, Providing two different guest experiences before the final ...

First Option - The Liquor Switch

A shady gangster nearby "Some hid liquor" guests ride in the vehicle, guests here have a "Drive as fast as you can" from the gangster, They start to hear sirens. The gangster laughs in the background and the guests drive down dark roads as fast With Their jerking back and fourth, and odd Encountering a drop, while Being Chased by cops.

Second Option - The Gangster Getaway

We start to go deeper into darker Areas of hollywood, Where We see mobsters meet and sneak around the area. Gangsters-have surrounded the guests in the ally as the leader Asks for the guests belongings and valuables. With the guests turning down the offer, the car soon takes a personality of it's own, speeding and turning down dark roads and plummeting down into the darker underbelly.

Lookout Gangster: Heads up! Frankie looks like we have company!

Frankie: Let them in!

(Warehouse Door Opens)

Frankie: Give me all your orchids and money!

(Cars Engine Revs in Reply)

Car gets a personality of Its Own.

Frankie: Forget it! Bring Syd to the place.

final

Both options as slow down and take a scenic drive, When Things to get quiet, guests are thrown into a fight Between Two rival mobster groups in Hollywood.

Rita: Where is Syd? Frankie.

Syd: Rita!

Frankie: Calm down Syd. Rita So how are you?

(Rita shoots)

(Frankie shoots)

(Shoot out begins)

The guests escape narrowly When They start to see drunk gangsters shooting inside a warehouse just for the fun of it ...

Gangster # 1: Take that!

(Shoots)

Gangster # 2: You missed!

(Shoots)

Gangster # 1: You missed too!

(Shoots)

Gusts window and when to pass by it thunders it shows Frankie on the floor lifeless.

You turn a corner and exit the warehouse Where you see Syd and Rita sitting next to each other 'on top of a crate. The vehicle stops Where Syd and Rita start to speak.

Syd: You say nothing, you hear!

Rita: Not a word!

Rita shoots a stop light and Syd and Rita kiss.

As guests are Brought back to the load unload station ...

Exit Speil -

Syd: Keep yourself in the jalopy till it stops completely.

Rita: Keep yourself in the jalopy until it stops completely.
[/QUOTE]

tcool

Also, their script in French falls entirely on me. I asked for them to present it this way, so they listened to me. Besides, here's a Google Translation of the entire script, not entirely accurate, but very close.
And here's the sentences I noticed weren't entirely accurate:

Gangster # 2: It seems that the baby has some goods!

Gangster # 2: This is a feisty lady!

Lady # 1: How dare you! Me feisty!

(Frying Pan Noise)

Boss: Good job boys! Now get the money!

Pipe Down please?

But if you search the meanings of the original French words brave and feisty will be definitions, Down spout made some sense, and the other 3 words I'm pretty sure were in French but didn't come out in English.

MonorailRed

Applebees
HAD to work in the Western Expedition, didn't you RED? <grin>

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom