Shamus Newest Show Review (Spoiler Alert)

NeonNinja

Original Poster
So yes I do also go to sea world (Annual pass holder) and was able to see the all new shamu show for the Summer.

My review
With Fireworks, Soaking and Jumping this show is a must not miss show during the summer months.
At the end of the show you will get soaked by all the whales performing I got soaked and I know you guys will too!.

Overall Rating
9/10
Music
10/10
Fireworks
8/10 They are OK but they are perfect for the show
Whale Jumping Performance
9/10 They did amazing!
Tillikum (Not Seen)
Whales seen
5 out of the 7 whales

Who ever saw it tonight THOUGHTS?

919Florida

THe show was awesome. I went to pass holder preview on Friday and the official debut on Saturdya. Its a huge improvement. I liked Rocks but this is just awesome. Everything fits perfect. Its very upbeat and exciting. Truly an amazing show. I wish it wasnt seasonal. I want to see it more.

hunty

THe show was awesome. I went to pass holder preview on Friday and the official debut on Saturdya. Its a huge improvement. I liked Rocks but this is just awesome. Everything fits perfect. Its very upbeat and exciting. Truly an amazing show. I wish it wasnt seasonal. I want to see it more.
Just got back from two weeks in Florida of which we spent 3 days at Seaworld loved the new show really can't wait to come back next year and visit again only complaint we had was we couldn't get in to watch it on July 4th didn't realise how busy it would be

Crazydisneyfanluke

Just got back from two weeks in Florida of which we spent 3 days at Seaworld loved the new show really can't wait to come back next year and visit again only complaint we had was we couldn't get in to watch it on July 4th didn't realise how busy it would be
Sea world can be extremely busy on holidays, I was their on July 2nd and most shows filled 4/5ths of the way.

I enjoyed the new night show, Light up the night. The Dj seemed to cheesy and i thought he wouldn't be incorporated into the show, but he was. I wish the screens where more involved (moving) and that everyone one gets soaked. (I was sitting 3rd row front and center not a single drop of water on me).
Other than that I enjoyed the show.
I say 7.5 out of 10 shamus

hunty

Sea world can be extremely busy on holidays, I was their on July 2nd and most shows filled 4/5ths of the way.

I enjoyed the new night show, Light up the night. The Dj seemed to cheesy and i thought he wouldn't be incorporated into the show, but he was. I wish the screens where more involved (moving) and that everyone one gets soaked. (I was sitting 3rd row front and center not a single drop of water on me).
Other than that I enjoyed the show.
I say 7.5 out of 10 shamus
Totally agree about the Dj definitely cheesy but on a whole got the crowd going before the show creating a good atmosphere. Definitely wouldn't recommend going on July 4th Shamu stadium was closed for capacity at 7.45 but the fireworks were good

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Not sure if it is just coming across this way in video, but it looks really cheesy. Watching whales jump around in a tank surrounding by lights and jumping fountains doesn't seem very entertaining. The fireworks have absolutely no sync to the music what-so-ever.

Looking at this, it is no wonder Sea World have their critics from animal rights supporters. It is the absolute opposite to Animal Kingdom's approach of displaying natural behaviors.

919Florida

Is this show just for the summer?
Its every night during Summer nights which ends August 10th. It also comes back during peak times like spring break etc. Christmas time though is when Shamu's Christmas miracles will be there which is the seasonal christmas show

919Florida

Also a heads up to everyone. The Shamu Celebration Light Up the Night show has such a fantastic sound track that due to demand SeaWorld has released the songs to Itunes, GooglePlay and Amazon. Also just released was the Beneath the Blue song which is the official song of the 50th Celebration. I listen to it everyday. :D

Captain Hank

Also a heads up to everyone. The Shamu Celebration Light Up the Night show has such a fantastic sound track that due to demand SeaWorld has released the songs to Itunes, GooglePlay and Amazon. Also just released was the Beneath the Blue song which is the official song of the 50th Celebration. I listen to it everyday. :D
I am so happy I saw your post. I was really hoping they'd release the soundtrack. It's some of the catchiest park-specific music I've heard in a while.

I am in the left side by the 4th row before first row in the soak zone!

Thanks for the video and the show is good but not as good as Believe. I miss the trainer interaction with the whales in the water and hope it comes back soon. Maybe when it does, we can all pitch in and buy Buddy Thomas a ticket.

919Florida

Thanks for the video and the show is good but not as good as Believe. I miss the trainer interaction with the whales in the water and hope it comes back soon. Maybe when it does, we can all pitch in and buy Buddy Thomas a ticket.
I agree, I miss the trainers in the water as well. THat was always very exciting to watch. However I do think this show is an upgraded performance over Shamu rocks. I liked shamu rocks. But this show just feels that much more energy and I love the new original music in the show.

NeonNinja

Original Poster
YOU MADE MY DAY THANK YOU THANK YOU :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom