The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 2: International Edition - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I can tell someone (I suspect @tcool) on your team speaks French.

I am having trouble understanding what the numbers mean at the end of each phrase/statement, however...

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Translations would have been a proper touch, since most of us don't speak French (and while I meander along, I'll hardly say I speak it)...

Still, the script is amusing.

I'm not getting the Fortune Teller, but I haven't finished the ride. I also don't understand the reference to Edgar Rice Burroughs...

The previous characters were talking about contemporary events...

Was this meant as a comedy scene?

tcool

Translations would have been a proper touch, since most of us don't speak French (and while I meander along, I'll hardly say I speak it)...

Still, the script is amusing.

I'm not getting the Fortune Teller, but I haven't finished the ride. I also don't understand the reference to Edgar Rice Burroughs...

The previous characters were talking about contemporary events...

Was this meant as a comedy scene?
Yes it was my attempt at comedy with the buildings and @MonorailRed suggested the other acts in front of the theatre. Fortune Tellers sometimes reveal the future thus the gag is she reveals the past.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Yes it was my attempt at comedy with the buildings and @MonorailRed suggested the other acts in front of the theatre. Fortune Tellers sometimes reveal the future thus the gag is she reveals the past.
As a hint, JDM and most of us don't speak French.

My personal opinion, but translating the script was a wonderful idea. Not including the English equivalents in your final presentation was not.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
JDM told us to leave it in French.
Yeah, but JDM isn't your mass market audience either. And you should have made that point.

I doubt all of you on your team speak, or can even read, French.

It's folly to think that it would bring you a win (though, if it does, I'll gladly eat my words)...

If I didn't understand (granted loosely), I don't see what it brings to your attraction.

That being said, I applaud you all doing it, but I'm sure I'm not the only one (and I can read french, I suspect many of our fellow contestants and followers cannot)...

You should have taken that into consideration.

That being said, your script was fun and unique.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Ok, so...my summary of Team Sea?

Wow, you guys really came up with some great ideas...

I just think you lost out on presentation. We'll find out the final results soon. Good luck to you!

I'm guessing you waited until the last minute, and this is what you get.

Next challenge, don't do that.

But, from what I read, you all are amazing, and I can't wait to see what you churn out next week! (and I'm worried, because, TEAM AIR for LIFE!) <flips those goofy team air gang signs again>

tumblr_mjtygvfOdW1rdzds0o2_500.gif

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Team Sea... wow!

Artwork is beautiful, ride is well thought out, and City Lights sounds EPIC (that might be my favorite part)!

The new park icon looks good too!

I do have one TINY qualm. The challenge was primarily about the E-ticket, and I feel you may have gone too much into detail elsewhere instead of focusing on that. For instance, I don't think a full menu was necessary.

But don't get me wrong, it's really great.
I didn't get your comment until I read their whole post, and now I do.

I think you are correct.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I'm off to bed, it's been a fun submission night, and thank to you all for critiquing and playing the game.

I can't wait to see the results, and I wish you all luck! We all did great!

Good night!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom