Adventureland Veranda: The next Club 33?

GiveMeTheMusic

How is Pecos Bills, Tommorrowland terrace or Cosmic Rays a dining experience? It is fast food. Crystal Palace....a buffet. Epcot, there are dining experiences there for sure. Studios....not so much. AK, not really. Resorts have some places to eat. But again Chef Mickeys is a buffet. Ohana, still an experience, certainly.

No Disney never had very good food, they have average theme park food with TS restaurants that are better than QS but still have, and have always had slightly better food than QS but at higher prices.

I don't look at Disney through Pixie dust or rose colored glasses. I grew up to see it for what it is. It is a multi- billion dollar multi-national company that has been putting money before quality for at least the past two decades. The parks are extremely well themed amusement parks, with amusement park quality food. If you want dining experiences then Victoria and Alberts, Citricos, etc are the places to go. Heck even Ohana and Hoo Dee Doo are experiences.

Just curious, when was your first visit to WDW?

Expo_Seeker40

Original Poster
So are you saying it would be like a media lounge for bloggers and such?

I don't want it to become something like that, but I feel with the massive fanboy base and social media people that are based in Orlando...what could be a nice dining area and lounge, will become the headquarters for people to just tweet, and instagram pictures of them at Club 71...particularly the people that carry stuffed animals with them and photograph their stuffed animal enjoying the park...what the heck is up with that?!

Victor Kelly

Just curious, when was your first visit to WDW?

July 1975. Then every year, some times twice per year since then for the past 39 years. You?

In fact I remember the ticket books, then the passes that got stamped, that the merry go round used to have all red lights at one point. I remember the original dark wood construction of the Disney Village. I also remember a time before Pleasure Island, and way before Epcot Center opened wondering where that monorail beam way along World Drive went to.

Yeah, I have been there plenty.

Anyone remember a certain three point tent by Seaworld when the parking lot was gravel at Seaworld?

GiveMeTheMusic

July 1975. Then every year, some times twice per year since then for the past 39 years. You?

In fact I remember the ticket books, then the passes that got stamped, that the merry go round used to have all red lights at one point. I remember the original dark wood construction of the Disney Village. I also remember a time before Pleasure Island, and way before Epcot Center opened wondering where that monorail beam way along World Drive went to.

Anyone remember a certain three point tent by Seaworld when the parking lot was gravel at Seaworld?

1984 for me. I would just disagree that WDW has always had average food - sure, some locations have always had average food - but variety and quality even in the parks (excluding the resorts) used to be much higher, and the sharp decline has coincided with the introduction of the DDP.

Interestingly enough, food at DLR sucked up until the past five years or so and they've really turned it around. Their counter service locations are off the hook now in several places, and the few table service venues have turned it up as well.

Taste is subjective, but in my estimation the current food offerings at WDW are the weakest they've been since I started visiting.

seahawk7

I don't want it to become something like that, but I feel with the massive fanboy base and social media people that are based in Orlando...what could be a nice dining area and lounge, will become the headquarters for people to just tweet, and instagram pictures of them at Club 71...particularly the people that carry stuffed animals with them and photograph their stuffed animal enjoying the park...what the heck is up with that?!
Just curious. Do you think there are more bloggers in WDW than DL? I mean ones that exclusively cover WDW. When I go on Youtube or online I think I see WDW represented more. Just curious what your opinion is.

Victor Kelly

1984 for me. I would just disagree that WDW has always had average food - sure, some locations have always had average food - but variety and quality even in the parks (excluding the resorts) used to be much higher, and the sharp decline has coincided with the introduction of the DDP.

Interestingly enough, food at DLR sucked up until the past five years or so and they've really turned it around. Their counter service locations are off the hook now in several places, and the few table service venues have turned it up as well.

Taste is subjective, but in my estimation the current food offerings at WDW are the weakest they've been since I started visiting.

Fellow Old Timer!!:joyfull: At least you started going after Epcot opened.

I remember the food being low quality. The turnaround came in the mid 80's. The first place was the Columbia Harbour House. The rolled out the bread bowls, and several very good quality sandwiches. Beginning in the 90's came the fixins bars. This is just a few observations.

DLR has had millions pumped into it and the necessary care attention given to it. So thankfully the food has improved. I do believe that the quality is not due to the DDP, it is more due to TDO dropping the budget more and more. As I have said before DDP is only cheap if you can plan it and work it right, otherwise it is way too pricey.

Victor Kelly

Just curious. Do you think there are more bloggers in WDW than DL? I mean ones that exclusively cover WDW. When I go on Youtube or online I think I see WDW represented more. Just curious what your opinion is.

Yes, there are. Everyone trying to make a name for themselves as the best and biggest blogger. I swear these people are just in it to try and get free stuff and cozy up to Disney.

asianway

Florida Festival. And the food was good at one point

GymLeaderPhil

DLR has to compete with cheap food surrounding it minutes outside of the park gates.

WDW's blessing of size along with Magical Express, DDP, MYW, and MM+ locks many Guests into on property dining. No competition for WDW to improve itself.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom