Downtown Disney Hotels

got2lovedisney

In the Parks
No
We stayed at Wyndham 02/28 when we went to IoA and didn't have to do any timeshare thing. It's the first time I've stayed at one of the Downtown Disney Resorts and liked that it was literally right across the street from DtD. The buses...not that great as it went from MK over to AK before heading back to the resort. Not bad though. I'd stay there again.

Rob562

Does anyone know if the DTD Hilton offers Magic Bands? I know they do EMH, but are Magic Bands parts of it too?

No, they don't. Nor are they considered "on-site" for FP+ booking window purposes, so you're limited to 30 days.

If you really want a Band, you can purchase one in the parks.

-Rob

kasi22

Yes,i stay in the holiday Inn last year i was really impressed with the management and specially the foods very tasty and very fresh food is available for you in the Holiday Inn..did you try the Holiday Inn?

Beckett

Thanks, I had seen someone mention they had tried to sell them a timeshare during their stay, I think it was the Bonnet Creek hotel. I really liked the pictures of it, but this made me change my mind about staying there...maybe this one isn't in DD?

NiarrNDisney

Thanks, I had seen someone mention they had tried to sell them a timeshare during their stay, I think it was the Bonnet Creek hotel. I really liked the pictures of it, but this made me change my mind about staying there...maybe this one isn't in DD?

Bonnet Creek and the resorts on Hotel Blvd in DTD are two different areas. Bonnet Creeks resorts are timeshare properties but are available to the public.

Beckett

Oh ok, thank you ;) so...what resort would you recommend for a mom and her 8 year old right after Christmas day? Disney resort prices are way too high for this time of the year...I wish I could, but it would greatly limit the amount of days that I could stay.

NiarrNDisney

Oh ok, thank you ;) so...what resort would you recommend for a mom and her 8 year old right after Christmas day? Disney resort prices are way too high for this time of the year...I wish I could, but it would greatly limit the amount of days that I could stay.

I have always liked the DTD Hilton and the Holiday Inn! There is a site just for the DTD resorts and it typically show all of the resorts specials so I would start by checking there, then check the big deal sites and compare the two!

willtravel

Original Poster
Also watch for the extra charges like resort fee, self parking fee, or wifi fee that may not be included in room rate at DTD hotels.

Beckett

Thanks, I've checked and it's not too bad until you add all the extra charges...then it becomes too expensive once again :/ I'm looking for 100 a night including fees, but in that area it's more expensive. Makes sense since it is Disney area.

NiarrNDisney

Thanks, I've checked and it's not too bad until you add all the extra charges...then it becomes too expensive once again :/ I'm looking for 100 a night including fees, but in that area it's more expensive. Makes sense since it is Disney area.

I typically stay at those resorts because I cash in points that I rack up from travel and what not plus I am a member of the companies rewards programs!

Look at the hotels that surround the Crossroads area on the 535 or you may even want to check out the resorts that are near or on Sherberth Rd and W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy. specifically the Baymont Inn and Suites Celebration which is just a short 2 min drive away from DAK and AKL

Beckett

I have a family member that works for Sheraton and gets discounts for family members as well. I'm going to try that and then decide...Thanks!

NiarrNDisney

I have a family member that works for Sheraton and gets discounts for family members as well. I'm going to try that and then decide...Thanks!

Oh word! I think the Dolphin and Swan might be owned by the Sheraton and Co. I hope ya'll have a wonderful trip!

Beckett

Darn it, we just checked and there aren't any close-by hotels available for those dates, only one 27 miles away from Disney :grumpy:

Rob562

If you're looking to avoid the resort fee, try looking at hotels through a booking agency website. I booked at the Royal Plaza (now the B Resort) last year through the Sears Vacations, and the booking specifically said that the resort fee was waived. (And sure enough, we were not charged the fee when we checked in)

That might've been because parts of the hotel were closed for renovation to become the B Resort, or it might've been a special deal brokered by Sears. I'm not sure. So look around and read the fine print to see what you can come up with.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom