Pre-Trip You're going again? You're CRAZY!!

As the title suggests, I just might be a little crazy. After a wonderful 10 day Disney vacation last July, it is time to go back. It wasn't enough, I want more! Every time I mention to a family member or a friend that I am returning to my home, they think I'm nuts! (I might be, but that's a different story!) I figured the best place for people to share my sentiments and excitement would be here... 148 days until Disney!!!

I am returning with my best friend, she's the brunette. I'm the blonde. We survived our last vacation without one single fight.. okay MAYBE I sang "IMAGINATIONNNNNNNN" one too many times.. but we came away from our trip closer than ever. Why not do it again? We're young and we are living for the moment. My Disney Visa may be maxed out at the current moment, but I have 125 reward dollars to spend! It's the little things. :)

We are going the last week of June, staying at Art of Animation for three nights and then taking a DISNEY CRUISE! Going on the Disney Dream for four nights. Yippee! I've never done a cruise, ever. My only experience with ships is from the movie Titanic. Here's hoping there's no icebergs in the Bahamas.

Below is our itinerary.. I would love feedback and suggestions on what to do and how we can make this trip just as special as last time! I'm hoping to try the cupcake challenge again.. since I only have 3 days of eating cupcakes I hope I can succeed.

Day One:

We land in Orlando around 9:30 AM. Figured we would head to the resort AoA for brunch in the food court, check out our new digs if the room is ready, and then it's off to Hollywood Studios.

We plan to do a full day at the park and then head over for dinner at Whispering Canyon at the Wilderness Lodge. We both have never eaten here. I am excited! The only "must do" we have is to head over to the Animation Academy and draw something! We had such a blast last time, even if I am a terrible artist!

Day Two:

We want get up early and make it to the park opening of Epcot. Do some attractions in Future World, then head over to the World Showcase as soon as it opens. I tried drinking around the world last visit and didn't succeed, so I want to try again! We also want to spend more time just wandering the countries, and I need to get ice cream from Glaces!

Lunch.. we are not sure. Any counter service suggestions?

Dinner: Biergarten.. again another first for us! I keep reading good things on the forums about this restaurant.. let's hope they are true! It took some heavy convincing for my friend to agree to eat here. She wanted to do Chefs de France again, but I kept arguing that we just did it last trip! It may have been one of the best meals I ate in those 10 days, but I want to try new things!! Who's with me!

Day Three:

Wake up early and make it to rope drop at Magic Kingdom! This trip consists of a lot of waking up early in the beginning, but we hope once we get on the cruise we can relax. The parks are GO GO GO! I'm hoping the Mine Train is open in June (geesh, it better be!) and I'm excited for the new parade. Other than that, we will most likely do whatever we can, we spent a majority of our last trip in the MK so if we miss something this time it will not be a big deal.

Lunch... not sure? What are your favorite counter service restaurants?

Dinner: Tony's.. a first for me. My friend raves about this place and since I got to pick our Epcot dinner, she got to pick our MK one. I love Italian food so I'm sure I'll love Tony's! For the life of me, I cannot think of where Tony's is on Main St.. and I feel like I know that street like the back of my hand!

I feel like it will be weird going to MK on the last day, usually it's the first day for every trip! I guess the anticipation will make it even more worth the wait. How do you guys decide the order of the parks? It's such a tough decision!
Day Four-Eight:

Getting picked up and taken to Port Canaveral and boarding the Disney Dream. Here's where I don't know what do with myself because I don't know how to plan the cruise!

We will be staying on deck 6 and have the later dining rotation. Besides that, that's all I know! Here's hoping I love it out at sea! We paid a little more for a porthole.. hoping a window helps us if we feel confined!

This was the itinerary given for on-board:

Day 1. Port Canaveral, Florida on board 3:45 p.m.
Day 2. Nassau 9:30 AM until 5:45 PM
Day 3. Castaway Cay 8:30 AM until 4:30 PM
Day 4. At Sea
Day 5. Port Canaveral, Florida 7:30 AM

Any tips for first time cruisers? I read on here somewhere to take the mixology course offered.

Thanks for sticking with me this far! Just got so excited that I had to make a pre-trip report. I love reading everyone's reports.. and getting insight and ideas for my own trip. Love this forum so much!

roropatches

We have not received them yet, but I'm thinking they should be here soon! How exciting for you guys to finally return. I was just there this past April for my sister's Boardwalk wedding! So magical. ;)
Wow... I bet that was amazing.... did you do a trip report on that? I would love to see some pictures...
Well... we will be in MK on the 20th and HS on the 21st... maybe we will bump into you guys.. :)

bmarkelon

Wow... I bet that was amazing.... did you do a trip report on that? I would love to see some pictures...
Well... we will be in MK on the 20th and HS on the 21st... maybe we will bump into you guys.. :)
Oh man! We are actually in HS on the 20th and MK on the 21st.
I've been meaning to do a TR, but just haven't gotten to it. I have a ton of wedding pictures to pick from too. Maybe now that my next trip is less than a month away I will get around to sharing some of our silly stories.

roropatches

Oh man! We are actually in HS on the 20th and MK on the 21st.
I've been meaning to do a TR, but just haven't gotten to it. I have a ton of wedding pictures to pick from too. Maybe now that my next trip is less than a month away I will get around to sharing some of our silly stories.
We will be in MK on the 21st in the morning for EMH... well at least I will... not sure if the kids will get up that early on the first "full" day....
I hope you share some of your silly stories.. that would be fun..

bmarkelon

I am BEYOND JEALOUS!! I have yet to see a magic band in real life!! How's it fit??
I have pretty skinny wrists and usually can't wear bracelets so they are a bit large for me. I almost wanna slice the grey part off like I did for my kids but then it would be too small. I tried to take a pic to show you what I mean but it didn't really come out. It didn't bother me though in April.

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
I have pretty skinny wrists and usually can't wear bracelets so they are a bit large for me. I almost wanna slice the grey part off like I did for my kids but then it would be too small. I tried to take a pic to show you what I mean but it didn't really come out. It didn't bother me though in April.
Hopefully mine come soon!! Will it be weird if I wear if as jewelry?? Lol

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Hmm I'm confused haha. I ordered it the day I posted that and it's scheduled to arrive by this Wednesday. Maybe this is a different one then you are looking for? Is there one that is much harder to get?
We have been looking for the Elsa crown since January!! We ordered the malefient gold ones instead and now I want this one too!!! Ahhh haha

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
image.jpg

And it begins!!!

DisSplash

I was so excited when our magic bands came too! (Back in December for our January trip). But I could not get them out right away and glory in their newness and all their magic just yet. The trip to the parks after our cruise was a surprise for the kids, so I had to hide them immediately, and I was never really able to take them out and play with them, or practice my technique in holding mine up to a glowing green Mickey head. (Yeah, I am a bit of a Disney dork). And .... to keep the whole thing a secret while still on the cruise, we traveled around with them in the postal box they came in. So when we finally told them in the car on the way to WDW and got out the magic bands, in all the crazy excitement and after getting my kids' bands sized to their scrawny little arms, this genius somehow pulled the extra piece off of her own magic band making it child-sized. After pretending that I could "make it work" for about 5 minutes (I was temporarily deluded, as the minute I had a french fry -- which was definite eventuality -- my wrist was going to bloat up like giant sausage), I had a mini breakdown at having ruined my only "first magic band" in the history of magic bands. :cry: It was such an "epic fail" moment and remained so until I met the nice lady at the desk at the Wilderness Lodge, who, after hearing my sordid and pathetic little tale, immediately got me all set up with a brandy-new band like a fairy godmother. She then sweetly, and gently, (I can only assume a looked extremely pitiful and distraught, and possibly a might unstable) told me that the only difference with my new band was that it would not have my name printed on it. That was a huge bummer that had not even occurred to me before -- that I ruined the band with name on it!:( This must have shown on my already sad face as the lady quickly said, "but now you have TWO magic bands, and there is NO CHARGE!" lol. Gotta love those cast members who can really help you look on the bright side! For some reason, those comments, and her apparently genuine desire to fix my dilemma really worked for me.

In any event, I am so happy to see that you got your magic bands and that they appear to be appropriately sized!:)

LisaBelle

Hopefully mine come soon!! Will it be weird if I wear if as jewelry?? Lol
IMO it would not be weird at all! Magic Bands are awesome! We just returned from a week at WDW and we all refused to take off our magic Bands until we were all the way home. It made me soooooo sad to take it off. I may or may not have worn it around the house for awhile yesterday ;)! It isn't as much fun to wear it when there aren't any green Mickeys lighting up at your house!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
I was so excited when our magic bands came too! (Back in December for our January trip). But I could not get them out right away and glory in their newness and all their magic just yet. The trip to the parks after our cruise was a surprise for the kids, so I had to hide them immediately, and I was never really able to take them out and play with them, or practice my technique in holding mine up to a glowing green Mickey head. (Yeah, I am a bit of a Disney dork). And .... to keep the whole thing a secret while still on the cruise, we traveled around with them in the postal box they came in. So when we finally told them in the car on the way to WDW and got out the magic bands, in all the crazy excitement and after getting my kids' bands sized to their scrawny little arms, this genius somehow pulled the extra piece off of her own magic band making it child-sized. After pretending that I could "make it work" for about 5 minutes (I was temporarily deluded, as the minute I had a french fry -- which was definite eventuality -- my wrist was going to bloat up like giant sausage), I had a mini breakdown at having ruined my only "first magic band" in the history of magic bands. :cry: It was such an "epic fail" moment and remained so until I met the nice lady at the desk at the Wilderness Lodge, who, after hearing my sordid and pathetic little tale, immediately got me all set up with a brandy-new band like a fairy godmother. She then sweetly, and gently, (I can only assume a looked extremely pitiful and distraught, and possibly a might unstable) told me that the only difference with my new band was that it would not have my name printed on it. That was a huge bummer that had not even occurred to me before -- that I ruined the band with name on it!:( This must have shown on my already sad face as the lady quickly said, "but now you have TWO magic bands, and there is NO CHARGE!" lol. Gotta love those cast members who can really help you look on the bright side! For some reason, those comments, and her apparently genuine desire to fix my dilemma really worked for me.

In any event, I am so happy to see that you got your magic bands and that they appear to be appropriately sized!:)

I have small wrists and I was soooo tempted to detach the larger part from the child size band. Thank goodness I read your story first! Haha... Why do they make the plastic peely part look sooo tempting?

I'm glad the CM made you feel a bit better, I would be upset without my name, but does it really make a big difference? I read on here once when you meet the characters they know your name in advance, which I think is super neat! I want Mickey to say "Hello, Nicole!"

I can make my fit on the child size, but I will take your advice and leave it alone. I can't believe the will power you must have possessed to leave them in their boxes that long! You GO! I could never do that.. I already wanna wear it daily.. is that weird?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom