Hot Dog Hall of Fame

TalkingHead

Original Poster
Grabbed lunch here today on my way out of IOA. They have a nice selection of ($7) hot dogs -- I had the Los Angeles dog which was pretty simple with mustard and relish, but it was good.

Be forewarned, it's an outdoor eatery. You walk up to a window, order, and then move down the counter and pick up your meal. (The setup is actually pretty clever: you order while standing on "first base," move to "second base" to watch your food being prepared, and then pick up your food on "third base." And all these years I thought getting to "third base" meant something else entirely.)

There's some shaded seating with old baseball stadium seats. When I was there, it wasn't busy and there was plenty of seating. Actually the whole surrounding area was pretty deserted in contrast to the parks -- is Antojitos still serving lunch? Or maybe the better question is, are they still bothering to serve lunch?

The jumbotron screen at Hot Dog Hall of Fame looks like it's from the 80s. I couldn't follow the game they were broadcasting, the picture quality was so rough, but it was a nice touch to have the sounds of a baseball game in the background.

With the passholder discount, the hot dog + drink came to $9. I'd go back, especially if I wanted to grab a snack while escaping the crowds in the middle of the day.

ThemeParkJunkee

Okay...legit question...Since they took out the bleachers at Casey's, is this kind of a substitute for the baseball, hot-dogs, apple pie type of place?

TalkingHead

Original Poster
Okay...legit question...Since they took out the bleachers at Casey's, is this kind of a substitute for the baseball, hot-dogs, apple pie type of place?

Yep, when I was eating in the stadium seats, I thought to myself it had a Casey's vibe. Outdoors, of course, but I guess that suits the ballpark atmosphere.

Timekeeper

hotdog-front.jpg

hotdog-seats.jpg

rangerbob

That must be an older picture the seats under the covered area isn't there. It is where the Suit is standing that we ate at. I wonder who the guy and ladies are.

BuddyThomas

I ate my share of hot dogs in my early years and I don't begrudge anyone who wants to eat them, but anyone with access to the Internet these days can pretty much find out that hot dogs are one of the unhealthiest things that you can eat, packed with chemicals and carcinogens. Not a great meal choice, but maybe once in a while on vacation won't kill you. Again, this is coming from someone who would eat an entire package of hot dogs smothered in cheese after swim practice in high school, but that was back when I thought that was food.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom