Who's had Fp+ for the Festival of Fantasy Parade?

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
So i'm trying to decide what fp+'s to use while at Mk. I really want to see the FOF parade and debating on using a FP for it. Has anyone done this? Where are the seats? Is it worth it? How soon do I need to be there?

TheMouseFan

We used it for our June trip. The reserved area is in the hub directly across the street from the castle. They let us in at around 2:30 and we were the second group in. We stood directly across from the entrance into Liberty Square where the floats enter the hub. It was an incredible spot to watch from! You can check out my pics in my TR if you would like to get a better idea where we were (the parade starts on page 9). I can't say that we would use a FP+ for this every trip, but it was well worth it to do it once! The only thing I didn't like was the lack of shade!

Last edited:

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
We used it for our June trip. The reserved area is in the hub directly across the street from the castle. They let us in at around 2:30 and we were the second group in. We stood directly across from the entrance into Liberty Square where the floats enter the hub. It was an incredible spot to watch from! You can check out my pics in my TR if you would like to get a better idea where we were (the parade starts on page 9). I can't say that we would use a FP+ for this every trip, but it was well worth it to do it once! The only thing I didn't like was the lack of shade!
This is great! Thanks! We will be without kids for this trip and mom (that's me) never gets to sit and watch the parades so I thought it would be the perfect time to see it without fighting the crowds.

DizneyPryncess

We didn't use it for FoF, but we did use it for MSEP. I thought using it on a parade was well worth! My 2 year old cared more about that than anything! I also never sit for parades. I have mostly seen them with not so great views. So it was a pretty neat experience for my family! I'd do it again for sure! I would've used one on FoF but DD naps right during it so we didn't even end up getting to watch it.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
@TheMouseFan was there anywhere to sit or is it standing only? I read your report and it was great!! Thanks for the reminder of your pics. I went back and took a look at some of them coming from Frontier Land. When I read your report I scrolled through most of those pics quickly knowing that I would be there this fall and wanted to be surprised for the most part. We're only going to be there for two day with out our kids, I'm expecting a totally different experience without them...not better just different! AHHHH so excited!! :D

Last edited:

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
We didn't use it for FoF, but we did use it for MSEP. I thought using it on a parade was well worth! My 2 year old cared more about that than anything! I also never sit for parades. I have mostly seen them with not so great views. So it was a pretty neat experience for my family! I'd do it again for sure! I would've used one on FoF but DD naps right during it so we didn't even end up getting to watch it.
I'm definitely going to use the FP for the parade now! Thanks for the input!

TheMouseFan

@TheMouseFan was there anywhere to sit or is it standing only? I read your report and it was great!! Thanks for the reminder of your pics. I went back and took a look at some of them coming from Frontier Land. When I read your report I scrolled through most of those pics quickly knowing that I would be there this fall and wanted to be surprised for the most part. We're only going to be there for two day with out our kids, I'm expecting a totally different experience without them...not better just different! AHHHH so excited!! :D
You could sit on the curb, but otherwise it was standing only. It would be nice if they would provide some sort of seating! It definitely is a totally different experience without the kids!! We swore we weren't going to do any more kid free trips after our last one because we kept saying ____ would have loved this, or ____ would really like to see that, etc, but it was too hard to pass up adding a day at MK after our cruise in October, so we will have 1 kid free day again! Hope you have a great trip!!

stillgoofy

We did the FastPass for FOF parade in May and we had a spot right in front of the castle. Not only was it nice to have a reserved up close spot but the roped off area was big and was not filled with people. So you could get up and walk around and move while watching. This was handy for taking pictures and getting good views while the parades moves. So we could sit , stand, walk around with plenty of room to move and no obstructive views by other people. We thought it was great.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Haven't been able to see Festival of Fantasy parade...yet but I personally do not feel it is worth it. I would rather go on Space Mountain.
Understandable but our plan is to do Adventureland and Frontierland first thing in the morning when it's slower so I don't think FP will be needed. So I was thinking FP for SM and 7DMR if possible. So that leaves FOF parade which I want to see without fighting the crowds so.... yeah I'm going to get a FP. Whoo Hoo

docdebbi

at first I considered FP for a parade a waste. but then i realized that i tend to get a spot an hour or more before hand to be sure i'm in the front. granted, we tend to eat lunch while sitting there, but it is still a big time (and sore bottom) investment. rarely are the wait times for the attractions i want more than an hour, so it may be a worthy investment.

my biggest issue is whether you really get front row view in the sitting area or are several rows back and can't see, just ike if you arrive late to the parade. that will be the decision maker for me. if it really is as stillgoofy said with great views, i may try it next trip. especially with a new parade like this that i have never seen.

JohnD

If you've never seen the parade, it's great! As was stated, you're right in the hub directly across from the castle. Yes, it's "standing room only", although it's kind of annoying that benches are just on the other side of the rope-off area. They couldn't stretch it out a little? It's really not a big deal, though. Just grab your spot next to the circle and sit on the pavement. Stand when the parade arrives. If you get there early enough you can stand directly opposite the route coming from LS.

4disneylovers

I have been thinking that if u r going to b there when it is really hot it would b worth fastpass. One of my most vivid memories of our honeymoon is sitting on the curb in late July and it was so hot my feet were burning through my shoes. We thought we were going to melt. So it sounds like in hot heavy crowds you could spend less time out in the sun staking out a spot. Not a bad idea.

MickeyisMyBestFriend

Understandable but our plan is to do Adventureland and Frontierland first thing in the morning when it's slower so I don't think FP will be needed. So I was thinking FP for SM and 7DMR if possible. So that leaves FOF parade which I want to see without fighting the crowds so.... yeah I'm going to get a FP. Whoo Hoo
I see where you are coming from, I think it is just personal preference.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom