Restricted Rehire status

wishes_dream

Original Poster
I was previously on the College program back in the day once in 2007 but self terminated due to unfortunate events in my family .. and was accepted in 2008 for my second program but self-terminated again due to health issues. My manager said i would have a restricted rehire status. this was over 4-5 years ago, yet when i applied for just a part time job now it either lists no hire status or no current jobs available when roles were being advertised and i just finished filling out a application for that certain role. Why would it still be listed as that? isnt there like 6month - year period between rehiring?

is there a way to get my status lifted or reviewed?

i mean other than health and family problems i had a good clean record. i heard that if you go into casting as ask, they will set up an interview to review your status..

i just want a part-time role not college program or anything.

any information would be helpful!

champstylin

Rehire Status

Hey,

I was also termed in 2008 and when i came back this year they told me i had restricted status. They had me fill out a form verifying previous employment and turn it back in. They then said it would go up to a review and they would contact me within a week. They contacted me about 4 days later saying they overturned my status to rehire and was offered the job on the spot. Hope this helps. =)

Polyman

Want them to seriously change your hire status? Apply NOW for Lifeguarding, Housekeeping, or Quick Service Food & Beverage. These 3 positions are hot. Disney is offering current CM's a $500. scouting bonus to refer people to these positions. I believe this is to quickly staff the new Art of Animation Resort.

CaptainShortty

Want them to seriously change your hire status? Apply NOW for Lifeguarding, Housekeeping, or Quick Service Food & Beverage. These 3 positions are hot. Disney is offering current CM's a $500. scouting bonus to refer people to these positions. I believe this is to quickly staff the new Art of Animation Resort.

I would be surprised if it was for AoA. I know that it's really hard to get onto the opening team for a resort and people usually are vying for the spots. My guess would be that it's for the other resorts that are now missing people because of their CMs move to AoA.

Tropix

I was on restricted rehire for 7 years, and when you apply to come back for the company they 1) want to see whatever reason you left you don't still have those same problems, 2) have you worked for anyone for any decent amount of time and is there stability there, 3) how organized you are in getting your paperwork and turning it in in a timely matter.

I will start by saying that I did self-term, and previously I only worked at Disney for a short period, but I was able to prove to the board that I was worthy of coming back.

If you're on restricted rehire, keep at whatever job you are, and if Disney's the last job you had before you left, go volunteer or get a part time somewhere else if you keep getting the boot. They just want to see you at your best and have you ready to join the ranks again.

If you got fired, truly think about that for a moment. Why would they want that back? If it was "wrongful" termination, good luck. But if you truly deserve to come back, show them you can be a good guest service cast member with a good attitude, ability to show up early/on time, and ready to go on-stage. :wave:

Yzma

Once restricted... you will remain restricted, there is no time frame in which it "wears off."

However, as others have stated, once you complete a minimum 6 month employment with another company, you can start the process to have your restriction removed.

DisneySaint

A double self-term would be hard to overcome. Not impossible but like others said, make sure you can really sell yourself. Be able to demonstrate the realities of the situation you were in. Remember, Disney has the same attitude as anyone: "Fool me one shame on you, fool me twice shame on me."

oneofakind

Hey, I have a question. I got termed a month before my program because the managers where I worked kept giving me reprimands for stupid stuff. I currently have a job and I want to reply for the program next year. Because I really want to go back to Disney. Am I wasting my time trying to work at Disney again?

Idreamofpixiedust

I self termed in 2005 due to transportation issues....I just went through the rehiring process...they want you to have had a steady job for 6 months to a year..and then reapply. After my interview my recruiter gave me a "request for rehire" paper...with this paper they will either lift the restriction or let it remain..depends on how you sell yourself on this paper. Good luck;)

Melisa A

Everytime I have called casting about lifting my non rehire status they tell me the only way to do that is to re apply and only if you are scheduled for an interview will they review that information. Everytime I apply though I am declined within 20 mins after submitting my application. Is there something in particular I need to be asking for when I call?

Depending on the severity of why you have this on your record I know Disney runs a tight ship you might have to wait a couple more months to get this lifted. How long has the non rehire status been on your record?

Melisa A

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone could help me out a bit with my situation. I was termed last November for holding a drink in a wellness apartment. One of my friends roommates ratted me out to houseing and they called me down the next morning and asked if I was at the house with a drink and I could have lied and told them I wasn't even at the house, but I told the truth and said I was and I was termed on the spot. She told me I would be able to reapply in a year and since then I've contacted my managers and other Disney recruiters. I have gotten positive feedback but have also been told that it will hurt my chances getting back in. I was just wondering if anyone had any knowledge about this kind of situation that could put me at ease. I would give anything to go back and work there.

Melisa A

I was terminated in April 2010. I only worked weekends and had called in using sick leave due to a death in my family. Disney required that I return with a doctors note which I was unable to produce since I was not sick. At my full time job at a Georgia University our bereavement leave is part of our sick leave so I had assumed this was the case with Disney. I assumed wrong and was terminated shortly after.

That's strange you should't get declined for something like that. I would understand if you were termed for a more serious reason but this doesn't seem bad. I would call cast connections or if you kept in touch with your managers there that would be a good source as well. Wish you the best of luck!

lphil14

I was terminated back in 2010 for having alcohol in the underage apartments...which i fully admitted too, I currently have a good job, and back in May was denied to work at Disneyland! (I got terminated in WDW) my career interest wants to be in film, but apparently I have a "Restricted Rehire: Violation of Company Policy" Ive been trying to fight this for 3 years now and have no luck. any advice or anyone in my position??

trevor terry

Hey everyone I got a question about being rehired for the Disney college program! Any information or advice would be very helpful! I applied for the Disney college program 2 years ago and was accepted into the program. I flew out to Florida and in the 1st week got terminated because of a mishap on my application. On the application where it asks if you have ever been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor, I entered no. Being 19 and stupid, I didn't read the entire sentence and just wanted to get the application in as fast as I could. Unfortunately I had been convicted of a misdemeanor (underage Drinking), but out here in Utah, applications for jobs or internships, etc, only ask if you have ever been convicted of a felony, they don't include misdemeanors. So Disney told me that since I lied on my application (accidentally) I was being terminated technically before I even got to work for Disney, it was depressing. Since than I have tried reapplying, but to no luck. I get rejected within that 1st day, with messages saying I'm no longer in consideration. I have nothing going on as far as criminal stuff or anything like that, Ive had a steady job for the past year and half, I'm full time student and full time at my job, I don't party or smoke or anything like that at all anymore, I just made a really stupid mistake. Any idea if they'll let me try it again? I would love to call a recruiter or someone at Disney and see if I could just explain what happened, but I cant find a number? Thanks for reading!

Disney_Schobert

I currently going through the beginning of the interview process, but have also been trying to overturn my restricted rehire status as well. Last year I applied and interviewed twice. I was given the paper to turn back in with reason for overturning my rehire status. This goes under review by a panel of Disney leadership (randomly chosen) and they make the decision based on your interviewer's comments and the paper you fill out. I am hoping this time I will have better luck. Best of luck to you!!!

melaniemcgowan

Hii. In spring of this year (2014),I was termed a month before my program ended because I had alcohol in my underage apartment. They told me I could reapply a year later so I am planning to apply in spring 2015 for fall 2015. How would I know if i am on restricted rehire status? I never received a reprimand or had any issues with my managers or people I work with…

Hii. In spring of this year (2014),I was termed a month before my program ended because I had alcohol in my underage apartment. They told me I could reapply a year later so I am planning to apply in spring 2015 for fall 2015. How would I know if i am on restricted rehire status? I never received a reprimand or had any issues with my managers or people I work with…

Sounds like you're screwed. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom