if you only went to one $$$ restaurant in WDW what would it be?

Roakor

in park or DTD for sure. I'm looking at menus of all the suggestions i love the idea of BOG but i'm wondering would it be to "girly" as my son would say since its focus is a princess? my son is not to young so he can survive though lol he's 16 . i like the menu of house of blues also, going to check out brown derby and Victoria's now :)

If you eat in the West Wing there isn't really anything too girly about that. Of course being 16 he might enjoy Restaurant Marrakesh in Epoct. The belly dancers admittedly are a bit girly but I don't think he will mind ;)

Scott10

Cape May Cafe is located at the Beach Club Resort. My family did a character breakfast there a couple of years ago and had dinner there just a couple of weeks ago. This is becoming our family's "off day" restaurant of choice!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
You've got a 16 year old son? I'd go for Liberty Tree Tavern in the Magic Kingdom. It's not as fancy as some of the others, but the food is good and there is plenty of it. Important with a 16 year old boy to feed.

Some of the other restaurants suggested have a dress code, so if you choose one, make sure you have the appropriate attire. Nice slacks/shirt, a dress or nice skirt/blouse, that kind of attire. Even though the typically Disney attire is just fine in Chefs de France, I still sat there in shorts, t-shirt and flip flops hearing my mother's voice in my head saying "you're wearing THAT in a French restaurant?!" lol

jpittore1

California Grill-it's that good...
If you're adventurous Jiko

We've tried all the restaurants, we have never had a disappointing meal at either of these restaurants in the past 10 years.

Last edited:

NeedMoreMickey

I usually lean more toward atmosphere and location while on vacation so I would pick the Castle in MK. You can find good/great food anywhere you go on vacation, how often do you get to eat in the castle.

hrmom26

Original Poster
You've got a 16 year old son? I'd go for Liberty Tree Tavern in the Magic Kingdom. It's not as fancy as some of the others, but the food is good and there is plenty of it. Important with a 16 year old boy to feed.

Some of the other restaurants suggested have a dress code, so if you choose one, make sure you have the appropriate attire. Nice slacks/shirt, a dress or nice skirt/blouse, that kind of attire. Even though the typically Disney attire is just fine in Chefs de France, I still sat there in shorts, t-shirt and flip flops hearing my mother's voice in my head saying "you're wearing THAT in a French restaurant?!" lol

lol thanks :) yes he does eat so big portions is a good thing and i did notice the dress code in some of the restaurants and i wasn't sure i wanted to do that or not . when i am in Disney i am shorts and flip flops for sure

tigger1968

The four best dining experiences I have had on property have been two trips to California Grill and two trips to Jiko. Granted, I have not made it back to California Grill since its remodel, but both trips were amazing service, great theming, and really great meals. Walking out on the observation decks with a drink in between courses was really nice and of course watching the fireworks from there is amazing. Jiko was another great service experience, really nice theming, and great food. Plus being able to explore the AKL is worth the trip over as well. You can't go wrong with either of them.

sophie_the_pooh

California Grill. I had an amazing birthday dinner there a couple of years ago, and I loved the food, the view and watching Wishes from the roof after the meal! DH would say the Flying Fish rocked his world, and my son (3 years-old) loved the "fish tank" restaurant (meaning the Coral Reef)!

jlsHouston

I just think Flying Fish is the best food, the best service, low key enough to bring kids, but also has enough swank for an intimate meal with a friend....I haven't dined at many of the signatures because I tried this one and Narcosses and I just keep returning to Flying Fish I have like it so well

DisneyDebNJ

my budget is always tight when i go to the world lol so i end up going to just one sit down really nice restaurant a visit. the rest i do counter service. so i'm wondering if you could only go to one what would be your must go to, place to eat?
The signature restaurants are mostly wonderful, but if youre on a tight budget, there are many other TS restaurants that would really satisfy an appetite. One of our favs is Raglan Road.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom