*Updated WITH Letter* Letter going out to ASM guests to switch resorts because of the CAFE refurb?

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Well I actually got my hands on "The Letter"

Dear Guest,

We are thrilled you have chosen Disney’s All Star Music Resort as your vacation destination, and we eagerly await your arrival!! Here at the Walt Disney World Resort, we believe that in order to continue delivering the very best Guest experience, we must always keep moving forward, refreshing and renewing our offerings at every opportunity. This is a legacy we inherited directly from Walt Disney himself, who famously declared that his creations would never be complete as long as there is imagination left in the world. It is in this spirit that we continue to provide enhancements to our Guest experience. In preparation for your upcoming stay, we wanted to make you aware of the renovations that will be taking place during your visit.

• The Intermission Food Court will be closed for enhancement and unavailable during your stay. Rest assured while we work our magic, there will be plenty of dining options available to you for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Bus transportation will be provided from 7:00am to 12:00am from the porte cochere to our neighboring Resorts, Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort and Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort, where you can dine at the End Zone Food Court or World Premier Food Court. In addition, our in-room food and beverage delivery service will be available from 3:00pm to 1:00am daily. The menu includes pizza, hot and cold sandwiches and pasta which you can order by pressing “Pizza Delivery” on your in-room phone.
• Note’able Games Arcade will serve as a temporary food and beverage location where a selection of grab-and-go meals will be available (i.e. sandwiches, salads and bakery items) for purchase. As a result, the Note’able Games Arcade will not offer arcade games during this time. The Game Point Arcade at Disney’s All-Star Sports Resorts and Reel Fun Arcade at Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort will both continue to be available for your enjoyment.

While you may experience our “magic in progress” during your visit, please know that we are making every effort to ensure your comfort and enjoyment of all we have to offer. From the exhilarating beats of rock ’n’ roll, country and calypso to the timeless tunes of Broadway and jazz, the larger-than-life musical wonders of Disney’s All-Star Music Resorts have been delighting our Guests for nearly two decades and we are excited to share it all with you.

If you need assistance with your reservations, please contact your original booking agent listed on your confirmation letter. If you booked your stay through Walt Disney World Resort or have general questions, please call 877-939.4255 and one of our Cast Members would be happy to assist you.

Letter was signed by General Manager, Disney’s All-Star Resorts

Last edited:

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I've not heard about it but it makes sense to do it. This way no one can say "hey we had no idea, give us an upgrade!"

They didn't do it last year when Sports was being done. I must have called 15 times about other crap and never once did they say anything about it.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Maybe that was the lesson learned.

Who knows? There is NO availability at any resorts for Free Dining for a guest we have and we call non stop but she keeps claiming friends of hers are getting moved and switched. Now she is saying they are getting letters saying "Switch your resort" basically. I want to see one of these letters.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
"It would be odd if the letter mentioned the option to switch resorts. When Sports food court was rehabbed last year the letter sent out detailed that there would be a drink refill station, grab and go section and bottled drinks available in the Arcade. Plus there were buses running from Sports to Music for the use of their Food Court."

Well that is news to me...

Kristamouse

Since you already booked Free Dinng would they switch you to a resort like PORS and still honor the Free Dining booking? we are a family of 7 and can't stay many other places than Family Suites...

ToTBellHop

The letter doesn't seem to suggest they are welcoming guests to switch resorts. You can call to rebook but you can always do that. This just seems like the usual letter alerting guests to the closure, which all resorts do for all refurbs.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
The letter doesn't seem to suggest they are welcoming guests to switch resorts. You can call to rebook but you can always do that. This just seems like the usual letter alerting guests to the closure, which all resorts do for all refurbs.

Yeah I mean we pretty much knew they are not going to send a letter telling everyone who already booked a room, to basically "take" vacancy in another resort with rooms that could potentially be sold. I just wanted to make sure.

DGRYAN1977

I know personally, I would not be happy. I spend 20 or so minutes on a bus getting to the parks, the last thing I would want to do is spend more time on a bus to get food. Certainly Disney should have the ability to construct a temporary "food court". What time of the year is this happening? They cant put up large tents some place? Maybe in a parking lot? Rent food trucks? Scale back menus and have things buffet style?
I know when I get up early with my 2 and a half year old son, he wants to eat. Nothings worse than a hungry little kid who now has to take a bus to get food.

ToTBellHop

I know personally, I would not be happy. I spend 20 or so minutes on a bus getting to the parks, the last thing I would want to do is spend more time on a bus to get food. Certainly Disney should have the ability to construct a temporary "food court". What time of the year is this happening? They cant put up large tents some place? Maybe in a parking lot? Rent food trucks? Scale back menus and have things buffet style?
I know when I get up early with my 2 and a half year old son, he wants to eat. Nothings worse than a hungry little kid who now has to take a bus to get food.
In all honesty, the walk from ASMu to the ASSp or ASMo food court is shorter than the walk from some rooms at CBR to the food court. I don't personally find the option to bus to those food courts (or to rebook elsewhere since this was announced some time ago) to be unreasonable. You could still get grab n go items for your son at the makeshift food court in the arcade.

slappy magoo

Looking at the map, which granted is not to scale, it seems that in certain rooms, to cut across parking lots and walk to the food courts at either Sports or Movies would only be a few minutes longer than the walk to the food court at Music. And considering how often I hear that a bus that stops at one AS resort stops at all three, maybe you can find out which resorts get picked up first, walk to that one for meals or snacks while going to or coming from the parks. Request a room in those particular buildings.

And this a YMMV question, but depending on how early and late you're planning on hitting the parks, will you be using the food court all that often?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom