Pre-Trip The Spontaneous 2nd Trip This Year

In January, my family and I took a week long trip to WDW, I actually just finished that trip report the other day. During that trip, my wife and I kept talking about things we wanted to do when we eventually return, like Food and Wine, Mikey's Not-So-Scary, Dapper Day, and staying at an Epcot resort. We also enjoyed ourselves most when it was just the two of us and not a group of seven, all wanting do do different things. My wife enjoys Disney World, but usually would like to go somewhere like France for vacation, I usually point out the France Pavilion at Epcot, and get a dirty look. So, I was surprised by her mentioning wanting to go back to Disney World a few times since we returned. This past weekend we went and saw "Aladdin" on Broadway. As soon as we left the theater she says, "That makes me want to go back to Disney World even more". So when we got home we looked up when Food and Wine Festival was, we also noticed Mikey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party overlapped with Food and Wine, and then, on a whim I checked out the Dapper Day webpage, and it just happened to have an event at the same time as those other events. We looked at each other, my wife informed me she still had several vacation days left, and I got bust booking.

Who
Last time there were seven of us, this time the more manageable two. Me, and my wife Cara.
IMG_2370_zps47f406b4.jpg

I've sold monorails to Brockway, Ogdenville, and North Haverbrook. And by gum it put them on the map.
When
We head to LaGuardia very early on Saturday September 27th, for a 7:05 am flight. We depart Orlando a week later Saturday October 4th at 7:05 pm.

Where
Our previous two trips we have stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, which is great. We love the animals, we love Jiko, and Boma, and the hotel is beautiful. We are a little over it though, and want to experience other hotels. I stayed at Polynesian a couple times as a kid, and saw they had really unusually low rates, I almost booked it before realizing it was undergoing massive construction. No thank you. Our favorite park is Epcot, why you might ask, well we do like the occasional spirited beverage (or 10). Plus, I feel the pace of Epcot is more relaxed than the other parks, anyone else feel that way? Starting on our second day during our last trip we kept talking about staying at either Beach Club, Yacht Club, or Boardwalk Inn for our next trip, since you could walk to Epcot. I guess you can also walk to DHS, anyone know how long of a walk that is? Anyway, of those three Boardwalk had the best rates for the dates, so I booked us at Boardwalk Inn, with the terrifying clown slide. Any other Simpsons fans out there think of Bart's Clown bed when you see that thing? Still, I plan on going down that thing at least once. There were two deals being offered, 30% off the room, or free dining plan. I opted for the 30% off, the dining plan, and I may be wrong, never seems to be right for us.

Itinerary (so far)
For the most part, any plans I make end up getting changed once we arrive, and we tend towards more spontaneous day by day planning. That being said, we do have some things set thus far.

Day 1 - Dapper Day at DHS, we will have to get dressed up for our plane ride, and head right to DHS after getting checked in. I have heard of the Dapper day events before, and we are both very excited to be dressed up in the parks, if anyone has attended one of these days before, I would love your feedback. When DHS closes apparently the event moves to the Boardwalk area. There are also EMH at MK that night, so, regardless of anything we will be at MK from 9 pm - 1 am. No dinner plans yet, probably will do quick serve at DHS, or Boardwalk.

Day 2 - We will be sleeping in. Early morning, and late night the day before, we will have to sleep in, but once we do wake up, it seems like it will be a perfect day to, drink around the world. We lunch reservations at Biergarten, so depending on when we actually wake up, that might be our first stop on drinking around the world. Since it is also food and wine, I imagine we will be eating a lot this day, all leading up to our dinner reservations at LeCellier, which we will be skipping evening EMH at DHS for.

Day 3 - No real plans yet this day. There are morning EMH at AK, so we are going to head over for that, before having a 10:00 breakfast at Boma. Hopefully for lunch we will split something from Flametree BBQ, I keep hearing the chicken and ribs are great. After AK, we have ADR at Boatwright's at PORS, we also want to do the carriage ride there. That's why we made the ADR here, but it looks good too.

Day 4 - No idea what we want to do this day yet, but we do have California Grill reservations at 9:45 pm (we like eating late when possible). So after we are all done in the parks off to the Contemporary! I think there is a F&W event this morning we want to try to attend, but tickets aren't available yet, so who knows if we will get to go, I may have the wrong day too.

Day 5 - Dinner plans at Flying Fish, before heading to Epcot for EMH. The morning the world will be our oyster!

Day 6 - There are morning EMH at MK, I hope we can head over for that, and spend the day there. The Park closes at 7 that day for MIkey's Not-So-Scary, but we have reservations at Artist Point a little after that, so from MK to Wilderness Lodge. I have yet to ride Splash Mountain, my first two trips, it did not exist, my last two it was closed, there is no way I am living Orlando without riding Splash Mountain this trip.

Day 7 - We have tickets to the Halloween party this night! I am very excited, I have heard you should where a costume. We are thinking of just doing Carl and Ellie, but that's because it is simple, and we wouldn't need to buy anything, maybe grey hair spray. Our the quick service restaurants open during the party? I want to make sure we get a bite to eat that night, so I will either have to plan on an early dinner, or hope we can grab something quick in MK.

Day 8 - Our flight back to LGA departs at 7:05 PM so we should get a decent amount of hours in one of the parks before having to head to saddest bus ride in the world.

There are still things we are talking about doing, since we only have 66 days to go, there will be a lot of options unavailable to us, I was shocked I was able to grab LeCellier reservations! But we will make the most of what we can get. Spontaneous Disney vacations aren't a common occurrence, the previous one we had planned 7 months before we left. We have talked about the Hoopty Doo Revue, and a Carriage ride at PORS. Pretty sure we will skip Universal this time around, and neither of us are crazy about the water parks. Well, back to reading peoples trip reports, and looking at pictures of delicious Mikey Mouse shaped treats! If you're there the same time as us, maybe we'll see you around, feel free to join us drinking around the world! We may do that on more than one day...

Last edited:

JustBre

Enjoy! And I am looking forward to reading more...

You will adore being walking-distance to World Showcase. It was nice to be able to stumble home from drinking around the world there last summer.

PMC0849

Original Poster
Enjoy! And I am looking forward to reading more...

You will adore being walking-distance to World Showcase. It was nice to be able to stumble home from drinking around the world there last summer.

We are really excited to be able to walk to and from Epcot, and maybe DHS. Will be a big difference from the bus rides to AKL

mrdrift

The plan of day by day really works out well if you can stick to it. Sometimes we just over plan our trips so enjoy the change of pace. What you have for ADR's sound really good choices. I read the report from your last trip and can't wait for the upcoming report. Have a magical time!

PMC0849

Original Poster
The plan of day by day really works out well if you can stick to it. Sometimes we just over plan our trips so enjoy the change of pace. What you have for ADR's sound really good choices. I read the report from your last trip and can't wait for the upcoming report. Have a magical time!

Thank you for reading the last report, I am glad to hear you enjoyed it! The last trip was way over planned, so I am looking forward to this.

PMC0849

Original Poster
We ended up getting reservations to one of the F&W events, some brunch on the morning of the 28th. Anyone have any experiences with these meals?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom