Diagon Alley reviews thread

Tony Perkis

More? Really? 2 E-Tickets, 3 stage shows, Ollivander's, 30 interactive wand locations, a highly themed restaurant, 2 custom crafted beers and land specific food offerings, and a plethora of park only IP based merchandise. I am of the opinion that feels Universal swung for the fences on this one. But maybe it's just me.
Wait, custom crafted beers?!

*books flight and tickets*

Disneyhead'71

Wait, custom crafted beers?!

*books flight and tickets*
In Diagon Alley you can get Dragon Scale and Wizard's Brew. Dragon Scale is a Lager and Wizard's Brew is a Sweet Stout with a chocolaty finish. In Hogsmeade you can get Hog's Head Brew, which is an Irish Red Ale. So there are 3 different Potter Beers and in Springfield you can get Duff (American Amber lager), Duff Lite (American Premium Pilsner), and Duff Dry (Toasted Dark Ale). And there is a rumor that soon Duff's will start offering "Seasonals". I can't wait to see a Duff's Octoberfest.

Tom Morrow

Original Poster
Speaking of Spider-Man, has everyone seen the side by side video of Spider-Man and Transformers yet showing how its the rides mechanics are almost a carbon copy of each other? Pretty eye opening stuff.
Well, um, yeah. They're the same ride system and concept. UOR wasn't supposed to get Transformers, but they did anyway as "filler."

JT3000

So at Disney you can buy a park Hooper and hop between parks on a bus, a monorail or a boat.

At uni you can buy a park Hooper and hop between parks on the Hogwarts express.

Where is the difference? Other than Uni's mode of transport in a tad more elaborate.

Yes, the Hogwarts Express is a tad more elaborate than a bus. But just a tad. :rolleyes:

Speaking of Spider-Man, has everyone seen the side by side video of Spider-Man and Transformers yet showing how its the rides mechanics are almost a carbon copy of each other? Pretty eye opening stuff.

Yeah, real eye opening. I'm glad you were here to share this amazing discovery with us all. :cautious:

danpam1024

In Diagon Alley you can get Dragon Scale and Wizard's Brew. Dragon Scale is a Lager and Wizard's Brew is a Sweet Stout with a chocolaty finish. In Hogsmeade you can get Hog's Head Brew, which is an Irish Red Ale. So there are 3 different Potter Beers and in Springfield you can get Duff (American Amber lager), Duff Lite (American Premium Pilsner), and Duff Dry (Toasted Dark Ale). And there is a rumor that soon Duff's will start offering "Seasonals". I can't wait to see a Duff's Octoberfest.
How was the stout? mouth watering....:hungry:

Disneyhead'71

How was the stout? mouth watering....:hungry:
Sweet, thick, and luscious. I'm not really a stout guy, and I have had 3 so far.

64jw9i.jpg

71jason

mmmmmm... going in 2 weeks for a night. Long lines for beers?

Not at all. Hopping Pot rarely gets a line, and Fountain of Fair Fortune is almost always a walk-in (you just have to cut through the ice cream line).

BTW, another tip, if you only want Butterbeer ice cream, go into the Fountain (across from the bathrooms). Just the one flavor, but no line.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Yeah, you should check out the side by sides of virtually all of the Disney omnimovers. Using the same ride system doesn't make the ride not warrant its existence. Especially when it's actually impressive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom