mine ride for BIG PEOPLE..

LithiumBill

I think this thread needs to be closed, it's fairly obvious that people cannot discuss things without hurting the feelings of others.

If you are NOT a large guest, why bother responding on this thread. You fit, story is over. Let the folks that are worried about the issue discuss it, and try and help each other out...

Be friendly.

HRHPrincessAriel

Forgive me for not looking over 18 pages, the fact remains if this person can't ride the mine train they most likely don't fit on many other roller coasters at wdw. So this should have come to no surprise.
Again, not true. One of the main things people have been complaining about is the lap bar. It's too tight for legs. Space has a T bar. Your legs go around it.
BTMRR has one big bar. We were able to sit in it together as a family(3 of us).

DH felt EE's lap bars were totally comfortable. 7DMT not so much.

dadddio

Forgive me for not looking over 18 pages, the fact remains if this person can't ride the mine train they most likely don't fit on many other roller coasters at wdw. So this should have come to no surprise.
Give him a break. Many people don't read that far into a long thread.

EDIT: My apologies to StarWarsGirl95. I didn't realize that it was the very first post that he didn't read.

Last edited:

cw1982

I think this thread needs to be closed, it's fairly obvious that people cannot discuss things without hurting the feelings of others.

If you are NOT a large guest, why bother responding on this thread. You fit, story is over. Let the folks that are worried about the issue discuss it, and try and help each other out...

Be friendly.

Exactly.

With all due respect to everyone who is still posting here, this thread has been doing nothing but going in circles for two months now. I think this thread can be summed up in three sentences (leaving out the emotional aspects):

1) Not everyone will fit this ride.
2) It sucks that people are getting embarrassed because they wait an hour or more to be bumped out of the boarding area in front of everyone.
3) Disney should prevent this by having a sample seat outside of the queue entrance to save guests the time wasted and the embarrassment of encountering point #2.

Other than that, this is going nowhere fast. I'm sympathetic to the people who couldn't ride, just as much as anyone can be, but let's take a step back and see if anything else of use can really be added here. I can't think of anything.

StarWarsGirl

That was the OP. It wasn't like it was hidden among 18 pages or something.

I have to ask, have you even been on 7DMT?

StarWarsGirl

Again if your uncle can't fit in most small ride seats then it should come as no shock that they can't fit in the mine train. You are acting like the mine train is the only ride that was made with small seats and restraints but barnstormer and again space mountain are all good examples of small areas to fit in. If you are large enough that you can't fit in either of those rides (or any number of rides at wdw) then not fitting on the mine train shouldn't come as a surprise. I also don't think it's disneys responsibility here, or that they somehow messed up making the seats too small. This was and always has been aimed at families and young ones, and those people fit just fine in this ride/experience.
I didn't say he couldn't fit. I said he had trouble on. There is a difference.

He could not fit on 7DMT because, as I have stated, the seats are tighter. It was one of the first things my family said. I have never encountered a seat as tight on any other rollercoaster I've ever been on.

Sped2424

So, only "smaller" people have families? This argument makes zero sense.
Please don't twist this, all I am saying is the target audience for this ride has been able to ride this so far. If you know you have issues getting on other rides then it shouldn't come as a surprise that you can't get on the mine train. That's all I am trying to say.

Sped2424

That was the OP. It wasn't like it was hidden among 18 pages or something.

I have to ask, have you even been on 7DMT?[/QUOTE]

Several times, love the ride and as I have said I am a guy with huge thighs and butt and I fit the ride just fine, snug but fine. My point that you demonized from the get go was that if you can fit on space mountain you can fit on the mine train. I stand by the point, I could understand that if you had no idea how small the seats are it would be disappointing and that is troubling. But this isn't the tightest fit in walt disney world so what I was trying to say was if you know that you can't fit on space, fitting on the mine train is probably out of the question.

mikeh

Several times, love the ride and as I have said I am a guy with huge thighs and butt and I fit the ride just fine, snug but fine. My point that you demonized from the get go was that if you can fit on space mountain you can fit on the mine train. I stand by the point, I could understand that if you had no idea how small the seats are it would be disappointing and that is troubling. But this isn't the tightest fit in walt disney world so what I was trying to say was if you know that you can't fit on space, fitting on the mine train is probably out of the question.

aknto.jpg

Sped2424

Cool, so putting me down repeatedly for my opinion is okay and thread worthy. But me defending myself is in one ear and out the other. To be frank I would rather not continue this discussion any longer. As there is a clear majority here who doesn't agree with me and that's fine. But the jokes and the rude comments are beyond unfair.

mikeh

Cool, so putting me down repeatedly for my opinion is okay and thread worthy. But me defending myself is in one ear and out the other. To be frank I would rather not continue this discussion any longer. As there is a clear majority here who doesn't agree with me and that's fine. But the jokes and the rude comments are beyond unfair.

It was my lighthearted opinion/response

Sped2424

It was my lighthearted opinion
Sure, but when people are asking to keep it discussion only and that we not be rude to each other why would you even post it? Other than to get a few likes here and there. To me it doesn't feel very lighthearted. I wouldn't make a joke at the expense of someone in this thread trying to defend their point of view. I would hope I would get the same respect. Clearly I don't.

CRO-Magnum

At Carowinds here in the Charlotte, NC area, for rides with tighter body size limitations they put a car mock-up at the entrance for people to size themselves BEFORE getting in line. I know UNI does this as well at the Hulk ride, because I tried it and don't fit primarily because of my shoulders and hips (6'2" built like an NFL linesman including the belly).

mikeh

Sure, but when people are asking to keep it discussion only and that we not be rude to each other why would you even post it? Other than to get a few likes here and there. To me it doesn't feel very lighthearted. I wouldn't make a joke at the expense of someone in this thread trying to defend their point of view. I would hope I would get the same respect. Clearly I don't.

Don't take it too seriously. Everyone can have their opinion

mikeh

At Carowinds here in the Charlotte, NC area, for rides with tighter body size limitations they put a car mock-up at the entrance for people to size themselves BEFORE getting in line. I know UNI does this as well at the Hulk ride, because I tried it and don't fit primarily because of my shoulders and hips (6'2" built like an NFL linesman including the belly).

This would be a good idea for SDMT as it would be terrible to wait two hours to be turned away

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom