What did you do?

JillC LI

Completed my first 10K on Saturday at our local 6 Flags. Set a goal for myself of 1:10 and beat that by 5 mins. I've started training for a half this fall, so we'll see how it goes. Thanks to everyone for the support and kind words along the way. I've gone from barely being able to complete the first 60 second run on C25K back in February to completing 6.2 miles and have lost 30 lbs along the way. I pretty much balled on the way home from the run Saturday I was so overwhelmed! To any newbies out there, believe me, it's all worth it!

This post deserved more than just a Like. It deserves a full on CONGRATULATIONS! Kudos to you. I was where you are in 1995/96. You have so much to look forward to if you keep up your running. Back then I never thought it would still be as big a part of my life as it is now, almost 20 years later.

Sumrdog

Completed my first 10K on Saturday at our local 6 Flags. Set a goal for myself of 1:10 and beat that by 5 mins. I've started training for a half this fall, so we'll see how it goes. Thanks to everyone for the support and kind words along the way. I've gone from barely being able to complete the first 60 second run on C25K back in February to completing 6.2 miles and have lost 30 lbs along the way. I pretty much balled on the way home from the run Saturday I was so overwhelmed! To any newbies out there, believe me, it's all worth it!
That is so awesome! It's such a good feeling I was there in 2010 it is so satisfying to keep reaching those distances goals! Congratulations!

As for me I did a very hilly 3.2 in and around Fairmont Hot Springs BC, where we camped for the weekend. I also played 9 holes of golf, I am not a golfer...But it was super fun, I even got to drive a golf cart. We also soaked in the hot springs!

mikeh

My daily training route!

0XNN0Ox.png

LindsayLoves

@TeddyinMO - amazing job on your first 10k!

@mikeh - that's one heck of a daily training route

Today - Yasso 800s x5 with 1.25 mile w/u and 1 mile c/d. Still running these suckers too fast. I was pretty much on target at 400m but then apparently I kick it up a bit that last 400m and end up 10-15 seconds faster than I am aiming for. Need to slow down and stick to the plan.

dreamfinder

Today was 5x(800@5:56 w/400@8:30 RI) w/ 1/4 warmup & cool down.

Congratulations! Nothing like hitting your goals.

bethram

Congratulations! It sounds like you are doing the right things as you prepare for your first half and meeting goals along the way. Great run!

AUPr8Hd

5 miles last night. I decided to do a "magic mile" in Jeff Galloway terms, even though I'm not utilizing his training plans. So, mile 1 was @ 8:10 then I went slow for the remainder.

Man, I have lots of admiration for those of you that can run those paces consistently

HRHPrincessAriel

Can someone explain the magic mile to me? For what ever reason I can't grasp the concept and I feel stupid.

I think it's because the run disney site is very wordy.

JillC LI

Honestly, I never bothered with it. Too lazy.

http://www.jeffgalloway.com/training/magic-mile/

Hmm, that's fascinating. I never tried to run a Magic Mile, but I took a guess just now that I could run it at 8:00 and I entered that. Here are the numbers that popped out:

5K PACE - 8:36
10K PACE - 9:12
HALF MARATHON PACE - 9:36
MARATHON PACE - 10:24 (TIME ~ 4 hours 32 min)

Interestingly, my 5K PR pace is 8:38, my 10K PR pace is 9:06, and my Half PR pace is 9:36, all three almost exactly on target. I wonder if I really could run a marathon these days in 4:32. It's been 9 years since I ran one, and I wasn't in anywhere near as good running shape then as I am now.

Last edited:

dreamfinder

2mi@6:44,1/3@9,2mi@6:44 with 1/4 warmup/cooldown. Supposed to have been a full mile at 9 (Easy pace) but didn't have enough time, so compressed the rest period.

Kristia

Boy I have a lot of catching up to do! Been super busy at my house but I have managed to get a few run in here and there. My official half marathon training has begun since we are planning to do one in early Oct. I have finally figured out that the only way I can be sure of getting my runs in is to suck it up and do them before work. This means I have to get up and be out the door by about 4:30 - 4:45 am. I just finished day 3 today. Its tough but I am so glad when I get home after work and I don't have a run looming over my head!

JillC LI

This is the second time this week that I stepped outside to do a run and realized my Garmin battery was dead and I had once again forgotten to charge it. Sigh. Oh well. Since I know my routes, I know I did 3.5 miles on both runs, but I'm not sure of the pace. I felt like I pushed a bit and felt strong, but who the heck knows. I'm a poor judge of my pace without the Garmin. Joel always liked to do a no-watch day each week. I guess this is my no-watch week this month! Speaking of @joel_maxwell, anyone heard from him? I guess he's still taking a social media break!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom