Which non-park restaraunt for breakfast?

Which non-park restaraunt for breakfast?

• Total voters

Dafid Duck

You may need to pay for parking to go to the Contempo or the Poly. I always wondered that since those are beyond the Magical Kingdom gate. I would vote for Cape May Cafe. The foods is better than Chef Mickey's and it trends to be quieter. You won't see Mickey there though. You will see Minnie, Donald and Goofy in beach attire.

sbkline

Original Poster
Actually, I have not thought of that. We eat at the MK area resorts on every trip and have never had to pay for parking to get there, but we have been staying on property since 2007. Since we will be staying offsite this time, you may be right that we will have to pay for parking. I guess I can't remember right off hand if we actually drive through the parking gates to get there.

*edit* Just realized that I remember that there is at least one person on this forum who has stated in previous threads that she likes to park at the Contemporary so as to avoid parking at the Magic Kingdom. So apparently, I would not have to pay for parking to eat at those hotels. Now that I think of it, I think I recall that you drive under the pink "Magic Kingdom" arch, but then there is a splitoff in the road if you want to go to the resorts or if you want to proceed to the Magic Kingdom itself.

Last edited:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Boma is a great place for breakfast, the carving station is good and I love the warm caramel rolls. We like to go to Animal Kingdom for about an hour and a half on an early entry day then go over to the lodge for breakfast at Boma.

You do not have to pay for parking if you have a reservation at one of the monorail resort restaurants. We now stay offsite and always do Ohana breakfast for the character interaction because we don't do character meet and greets at the parks due to the long lines. If you do CM&G's in the parks, then I would go to a non-character meal because it will cost less and be something different.

sbkline

Original Poster
I believe the photo packages will no longer be offered at the meals, so I would not factor that into your price.

We love Boma, you can have a omlet made to order or try various chef prepared foods on the buffet. Many have an African fare. Not all the food requires you to be an adventurous eater. There is a fruit bar, bread, muffin, pastry bar, scrambled eggs, bacon, etc. My favorite when we were there in June was the bread pudding french toast with hot Carmel pecan topping....mmmmm. They also have a tropical juice called jungle juice that is a mixture that is worth trying.

I forgot to ask earlier, but where did you hear that they will no longer offer the photo packages?

That's a bummer if it is true, because I do enjoy buying the photo package. On our next trip, I am definitely planning on supper at Chef Mickey's and 1900 Park Fare, and I am strongly considering breakfast at Tusker House and Akershus. I don't know if I will buy all 4 photo packages, but I would probably want to buy at least two.

jpittore1

I forgot to ask earlier, but where did you hear that they will no longer offer the photo packages?

That's a bummer if it is true, because I do enjoy buying the photo package. On our next trip, I am definitely planning on supper at Chef Mickey's and 1900 Park Fare, and I am strongly considering breakfast at Tusker House and Akershus. I don't know if I will buy all 4 photo packages, but I would probably want to buy at least two.
http://m.wdwmagic.com/other/photopa...rants-to-be-discontinued-later-this-month.htm

slappy magoo

You do not have to pay for parking if you have a reservation at one of the monorail resort restaurants. We now stay offsite and always do Ohana breakfast for the character interaction because we don't do character meet and greets at the parks due to the long lines. If you do CM&G's in the parks, then I would go to a non-character meal because it will cost less and be something different.
Technically you don't have to pay if you're just parking there for breakfast and leaving within three hours. None us here might ever get towed if we were staying offsite, parked at a monorail resort for breakfast and left our car there all day, but that's not to say it can't or won't ever happen. It's a risk you choose to make. Congrats on it not being an issue thus far.

DizneyPryncess

Kona Cafe is my favorite breakfast ever! Tonga Toast....yum. I'm 10 weeks pregnant right now and am totally craving this now! :D I also vote for Chef Mickey's. We had a great time & great meal there in May!

Goofnut1980

We love Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge. It is so fun! and if you go, I hope you get Sunshine or Jeffro (Jenny or Jeff) they are soooo much fun! They did this!

haha.. Nathan doesn't look happy... I think I snapped too many pictures that day! lol

10308251_10154148670935188_5978531908198368116_n.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom