A PeoplemoverTTA Disney Wedding Planning Report - 7/15/2014

PeoplemoverTTA

Original Poster
Sorry it's been a while since I been here! Been busy writing out my trip report from May (oops) before I start posting it. I'm about half way through.

How are you feeling now 7 days away????? I mean seriously, I can't believe it's almost here. The time truly does fly right before. I remember that feeling a year ago. You're going to have a blast though and everything will be worth it!

How did the dress work out? I hate alterations...I wish they didn't make one last take in before I took mine, not thinking hello it's going to be massivly hot in Florida and my body will probably swell a little bit with the heat....oh well! If that's the only thing with your dress then you're right it won't be bad at all!

And that's awesome that you booked the Wild Africa Trek!!!! It'll be worth that $600!

All good things to say here about Blue Man Group as well. I saw them my senior year of high school up in Boston. Granted that was 7 years ago but it was an awesome show, you will love them!

Can't believe it's almost here!!!!!!!!!

Oh nice - I want to see your TR! I saw some of the pics you posted on Facebook, but it's not the same, lol.

I can't believe it's Monday and we're leaving Friday. I'm feeling slightly panicky today that I'm going to forget something. We're already fully packed, so we only have to cross check the list on Thursday night, but still.

Oh, and I have a sunburn dilemma. I ended up burnt by accident and now have lines from a tank top...I'm also still burned on my shoulders and now my upper arms, except for a small area from my t-shirt. And of course I have a strapless gown. I think my best option here is to get sunless tanner and "paint" it in, but I think that will be a disaster! Goofy things like this only happen to me. And honestly, I'll do the best I can (that's what photoshop is for!), but I am not quite sure what to do. I'd do a spray tan since they can be very specific and "paint" it in, but if I did it on Thursday before leaving on Friday and the wedding isn't until Tuesday, I'm pretty sure it would be peeling off by then.

Do you think the sunless tanning cream is the way to go? I honesty don't see another option (unless I want to just ruin all my skin and get burnt to a crisp all over...melanoma doesn't sound appealing!).

The dress is perfect, thanks :) I shipped it to Carolyn Allen's last Tuesday and they got it on Thursday, so that's done (whew!). Everything that is supposed to be shipped has been received and is good to go, so I can cross them off my list.

I planned on shedding a few pounds before the wedding, knowing I'd gain a few during the trip...totally hasn't worked out. I put on 2 lbs, instead, lol. It won't affect my dress, but still! I have Spanx too, so I know I'm going to be fine. Still, I get nervous! I'm going to eat super carefully those first few days of the trip, then I can pig out after Tuesday :)

I am super pumped for Universal and Blue Man Group. I think it'll be a nice break. My brother wanted me to see them in Boston with him last year (he lives just outside of Boston) and we couldn't go - maybe next time, especially if we like the show in Orlando.

I'm working Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday this week (although I am SO mentally already on vacation), so I suppose I should get to work...at least it'll make these last few days go by faster!

PeoplemoverTTA

Original Poster
Okay guys, this is it! I still haven't solved the tan line debacle, but I'll figure it out, lol. Yesterday, I received the final wedding day agenda from my amazing wedding planner. Today is my last day at the office, and tomorrow I take my dad to the AP, then get my hair cut, roots done, manicure, pedicure and eyebrow waxing. Brandon's mom drops him off at 5:30, we order pizza then head to bed early for our 2am wakeup call!

I want to thank all of you for helping and encouraging me these past 9 months. It seriously has flown by. I can't believe I'm marrying the man of my dreams in 6 days! And with the trip starting in less than 48 hours, I know that four of those days will go by so quickly, it'll be Tuesday before you know it.

I'll start a trip report as soon as we get back to share some pictures and tales of this loooong wedding and honeymoon trip :) We get back on July 21 at around 11pm...give me a few days, but I imagine I'll be eager to start the trip report and reliving the trip as soon as possible. It is SO much work, though, so I won't make any promises, lol.

wdwpooh1027

Yay!!! So happy and excited for you both. Just remember to enjoy every single minute of ur wedding day because it will be over before you know it. Enjoy your trip and your honeymoon. Congrats.

PeoplemoverTTA

Original Poster
How's it been so far? I'm so excited for you! :)
Thanks! It's been great :) I just checked my sister and I in to the Swan for tonight and I met with the CM here at the Boardwalk for our dessert party wristbands. We've had an awesome family trip so far - I seriously almost forgot about the whole "wedding" thing, lol.

It's crazy that I'm getting married in 19 hours - thanks so much again to everyone for your comments and advice these past 9 months! It's been a great trip so far :D

PartOfYourWorld

Sorry I didn't reply before you left! I've been keeping tabs on facebook and you looked beautiful on your wedding day!!!!!!! CONGRATS TO YOU AND TODD!

I hope you're having the time of your lives! And did you solve the tan line debacle? LOL. I'm sure everything was fine because I sure couldn't see anything in the pictures i saw!!!!!

Can't wait to see your trip report! I just started mine! Enjoy the rest of your trip! I am so happy for you!!!!

PeoplemoverTTA

Original Poster
Hi Guys! Thanks again for all your tips, advice and well wishes :) We are back home and I am digging out from laundry and souvenirs, lol. I'm hoping to start a TR in the next week or so, so I guess that wraps up this wedding planning thread. The time has gone so quickly! But in the meantime, I wanted to share this little teaser from the wedding:

10489622_10203152706716685_5334353803504092255_n.jpg

PeoplemoverTTA

Original Poster
Sorry I didn't reply before you left! I've been keeping tabs on facebook and you looked beautiful on your wedding day!!!!!!! CONGRATS TO YOU AND TODD!

I hope you're having the time of your lives! And did you solve the tan line debacle? LOL. I'm sure everything was fine because I sure couldn't see anything in the pictures i saw!!!!!

Can't wait to see your trip report! I just started mine! Enjoy the rest of your trip! I am so happy for you!!!!

Lol my makeup person smoothed it out a bit, and I honestly wasn't even really thinking of it during the ceremony so it didn't matter anyway.

Ironically, Todd had a tan line from wearing a baseball hat all weekend leading up to the wedding! He still looked ridiculously handsome, so it all worked out anyway :).

RMichael21

Lol my makeup person smoothed it out a bit, and I honestly wasn't even really thinking of it during the ceremony so it didn't matter anyway.

Ironically, Todd had a tan line from wearing a baseball hat all weekend leading up to the wedding! He still looked ridiculously handsome, so it all worked out anyway :).
Congrats! :) It seems that everything worked out great!

PartOfYourWorld

hahaha none of that stuff matters in the end because you're so in the moment and don't even notice.

Glad you had such a great trip and can't wait to read it!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom