Fall Resort Discounts

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
You can save up to 30% when you stay at select Walt Disney World® Resort hotels for stays most nights 10/4 – 11/25 and 11/29 – 12/23/14.

The Booking Dates for this off are July 23 – October 3, 2014.

Travel Dates will be from October 4 – November 25 and November 29 and December 23, 2014.

Here are the actual discounts.

Save 15% off at a Value Resort

• Save 20% off at a Moderate Resort

• Save 30% off at a Deluxe Resort

• Save 30% off at a Deluxe Villa Resort

The number of rooms allowed for this offer is limited. Length-of-stay requirements may apply. Savings are based on the non-discounted price for the same room.

Offer excludes campsites, 3-Bedroom Villas and is not valid at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort – The Little Mermaid Standard Rooms, The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa, and Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort. 30% savings for select Disney Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts; lower savings may be available for other Resorts.

Cmdr_Crimson

I did see that however I used my AAA Discount and didn't notice too much a difference as I still got 15% off my room...However when I checked the dates now it looks like Pop Century is Blocked from Nov 10-24th...I was glad I made reservations in June! :D

gkoolmo

I'm really confused on these deals. I will be traveling Dec 23-Jan 2. Initially I booked the free dining (dates of the deal were August-dec 23rd). They gave me the free dining for the entire stay since our trip started on the 23rd. Now I tried to get the 20% off the room (dates of the deal were through dec 23 again) but they only give me the discount on the 23rd, not the entire stay. Can anyone explain this to me please?

sissa216

I'm really confused on these deals. I will be traveling Dec 23-Jan 2. Initially I booked the free dining (dates of the deal were August-dec 23rd). They gave me the free dining for the entire stay since our trip started on the 23rd. Now I tried to get the 20% off the room (dates of the deal were through dec 23 again) but they only give me the discount on the 23rd, not the entire stay. Can anyone explain this to me please?

This discount ends on the 23rd, and works differently from free dining. Your free dining would be the bigger discount- have you already given it up? I would call back asap in the morning to see if you can get free dining again. You cannot combine the two discounts; it is one or the other.

Free Dining allows you to check in on the last day of the discount, and extend it throughout your entire stay. This discount will only apply to whichever nights are valid under the discount.

If a CM let you switch from Free Dining your entire stay, to 20% off of one night, they should definitely have looked at the totals and advised you to keep what you had!

sissa216

Thanks for the info. No I did not switch. I guess I don't understand why they do it for one but not the other.

Ok great! It can be confusing. Different types of discounts have different types of rules. Even if the room % discount would extend the entire stay, you're likely better off with FD anyway. Unless you are a party of 2 staying at a Deluxe resort, free dining is almost always the better savings.

FrostyNaples

I was excited to see this offer come out so early, but i'm still awaiting Pass-holder specials for late Nov, early Dec. I think last year those came out for pass-holders either right at the end of august, or early September. Guess i will continue to wait.

sissa216

I was excited to see this offer come out so early, but i'm still awaiting Pass-holder specials for late Nov, early Dec. I think last year those came out for pass-holders either right at the end of august, or early September. Guess i will continue to wait.

I would go ahead and grab this discount now, just in case! This one was already pretty limited. Since they release discounts only as needed to help fill rooms, it would likely follow that AP discounts would have fairly limited availability. I would take this discount, just in case AP isn't available for your room/dates!

FrostyNaples

I would go ahead and grab this discount now, just in case! This one was already pretty limited. Since they release discounts only as needed to help fill rooms, it would likely follow that AP discounts would have fairly limited availability. I would take this discount, just in case AP isn't available for your room/dates!
We always get a dining plan, and you cannot add a dining plan with a resort only booking unless you start with the pass-holder promotions link.

FrostyNaples

Actually, it has quietly changed @FrostyNaples ! You can add dining to any ticketless package now, even without an AP. You can't do it online, only by phone. It's not advertised.

I prefer to book online, very black and white, I've had extremely poor over the phone service in the past :-(

I would say due to there being no official source of this 'unadvertised' inclusions after the fact, it should not be relied upon until its official. Remember, family dreams can be made or destroyed with booking issues :)

My last vacation almost went belly up because the phone rep said they could do this and that, almost cancelled my original booking online, spent 45min on this call, just to find out the rep couldn't in fact do what they said...

mammaminnie

I prefer to book online, very black and white, I've had extremely poor over the phone service in the past :-(

I would say due to there being no official source of this 'unadvertised' inclusions after the fact, it should not be relied upon until its official. Remember, family dreams can be made or destroyed with booking issues :)

My last vacation almost went belly up because the phone rep said they could do this and that, almost cancelled my original booking online, spent 45min on this call, just to find out the rep couldn't in fact do what they said...

sissa216 is correct on this new option- I have been able to book it for quite a few clients already. This has come in handy especially for Military clients who can't get availability with the military rates for their dates but still want to get the military tickets separate.

sissa216

I can guarantee you it is 100% possible. We just verified it once more with Disney when discounts came out on Wednesday. It doesn't get much more official than straight from Disney themselves! :) As long as the room that you want is available with the discount, you can book a discounted room and add on dining. It came about earlier this year.

I would really advise calling to book with the discount now, just in case. You can always update it if AP discounts come out. It is better to take any discount you can, than risk not finding one at all. Depending on where you're staying, the discounts are VERY limited this fall. The Contemporary Resort has no remaining discounts left for most dates. Other resorts only have upgraded room categories available. This is the most limited discount we've ever seen- with late November/ early December being the least available week of them all this year.

sissa216

Oh and this has actually always been available for AP holders- with or without a discount. Also for military. The 'new' part this year is that everyone else can do the same now too!

FrostyNaples

Oh and this has actually always been available for AP holders- with or without a discount. Also for military. The 'new' part this year is that everyone else can do the same now too!

I understand for AP's, the issue came about when booking (2) AP's and (2) non-AP's on the same reservation.

I did finalize our plans over the weekend, two fold, online and over the phone, it was not easy, as Dinsey's system limitations are just that, system limitations. IT needs to work out the kinks.

When you add (4) adults to a resort reservation online, it mandates you to (4) park tickets, but we don't need park tickets for the AP's. And since your not using an AP link (non available yet for our dates), you can't add dining to a resort only reservation. Hopefully this will soon change, as continue reading, it was proven based on above posts, that yes, over the phone they can make the magic happen, though a long phone call... I'm one to use technology, as its black and white, but the website still can't handle abnormal situations.

So i booked online only TWO adults, the non-AP's, with tickets, resort, dining, memory maker.

I then called into the hotline to add the AP adults. No joy at first. They said the system was going to again add the unnecessary park tickets to the AP's for joining the reservation. I said, nope, that isn't going to work.

So what they ended up doing, is adding the (2) AP adults, and removing the tickets all together. So i had to make a second transaction online for the tickets only.

Other than that, they seemed to have put everything in order, and all looks normal logged into MDE.

Never an easy task. They need to make it all A la Carte, and not have so many situations where the website blocks you from adding this, if you don't first add that... etc.

I'm also an advocate for an AP only website like they have to DVC members. Then it ONLY shows you what available for you :)

Growing pains is all it is, i bet IT works around the clock on all of this stuff, just seems like the most logical items are overlooked, or they are just making an easy update more difficult for themselves.

sissa216

Glad you were able to do it! Did you get the discount?

I agree that it would be nice to be able to book the room and dining packages, without tickets, online, but at the moment it can only be done by phone.

The long phone call was from trying to convert from a ticketed package to a non-ticketed package. It doesn't seem very logical, but they are different types of bookings all together, and it is not as simple switch like modifying elements of your package.

If it comes up again in the future (and they haven't added online booking availability yet), you'll just need to call from the start to book a room plus dining package without tickets, which will be much easier.

I don't have an AP so can't access the site, but we have the ability to book an "AP room and dining package", without a discount. Not all members need to have an AP, just one- and then a separate ticket purchase for the others. I assumed the AP site had that option as well. The non-AP room and dining, what you have now, is only by phone- but I hope it becomes available online soon! It would make life easier :)

FrostyNaples

Glad you were able to do it! Did you get the discount?

I agree that it would be nice to be able to book the room and dining packages, without tickets, online, but at the moment it can only be done by phone.

The long phone call was from trying to convert from a ticketed package to a non-ticketed package. It doesn't seem very logical, but they are different types of bookings all together, and it is not as simple switch like modifying elements of your package.

If it comes up again in the future (and they haven't added online booking availability yet), you'll just need to call from the start to book a room plus dining package without tickets, which will be much easier.

I don't have an AP so can't access the site, but we have the ability to book an "AP room and dining package", without a discount. Not all members need to have an AP, just one- and then a separate ticket purchase for the others. I assumed the AP site had that option as well. The non-AP room and dining, what you have now, is only by phone- but I hope it becomes available online soon! It would make life easier :)

I did still get the 30% discount on the room rate, they were able to simply modify my existing reservation.

One of the other non-mentioned things I was banking on, is the Magic My Way voucher booklet!! I really, hope this still comes, based on the fact they had to convert to a non-ticket package.

My final modified reservation email confirmation has this in on one of the lines:

"WDTC MAGICAL EXTRAS
A complete list of Magical Extras and vouchers will be included in your final documents."

And i'm really hoping this is the voucher's for items such as Mini-Golf, Disney Quest, Arcade, etc etc, since there are some valuable money saving items in there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom