If staying 7 days, would you get a villa?

zoenaveau

Original Poster
If you were staying a week or more, would you go a villa over a standard hotel room even though you had no family members, it was just you and your partner?

I need some sort of reason to minimise the choice of hotels to stay at!!! I can't decide!!! It's doing my head in lol

zurgandfriend

In a word Yes, for the comfort. There are only 3 of us in my family and we always stay on the monorail, with BLT the GF villas and the Poly villas under construction. I would book a villa if it fits in my budget.

DisneyPrincess5

I guess it depends on what you want and need. My husband and I have stayed in standard resort rooms for all of our trips which were 9 days or 12 days and we were very comfortable and happy. Worth noting that we're not the kind of couple that's in the room or at the resort all that much. Good luck choosing!

dreamfinder

Do you need the in room kitchen facilities (or laundry if a 1br or larger)? That is the only reason to really consider a villa. The costs of booking them directly are vastly more than the equivalent regular rooms at the resort. A Standard View Studio Villa at AKL Jambo House was $633 for NYE last year, while a Standard View room was $537 for the same night. A 20% markup for a mini fridge and microwave. You won't get any other perks outside of that.

You could consider renting points from a DVC member to book a villa, but you don't get daily housekeeping that way.

Reason to narrow your choices? What do you need at your resort? Value resorts are minimal in their frills, no full service restaurants on site, etc. Moderate resorts are a step up, larger rooms, pools should have a water slide, most have a full service restaurant, etc. Deluxe resorts are all indoor hallways, even yet larger rooms, more amenities onsite, and most offer multiple forms of transportation. Prices go up accordingly. If you are only planning on sleeping at the resort, and spending the entire day in parks, most people would opt for a value resort as they view it only as a bed. If you may spend time at your resort, or want a slightly quieter experience (most youth sport teams stay at values) then look at a moderate. If you plan at possibly spending multiple days at your resort, or want things like a gym onsite, then you look at a deluxe.

durangojim

No, but I'd make sure I stayed in a deluxe. We never make our own meals while at WDW so I'm not sure what good a villa would do us.

hsisthebest

I'd choose a Club Level or concierge room at a deluxe resort. Some are about the same price as a Villa but without all the beds. They also usually have the best location to front desk/transportation, as opposed to Villas that can have extra long walks (AKV). Boardwalk, Beach Club, and Contemporary have some cool rooms, you just need to book well in advance- the prices go way way up as rooms are booked.

slappy magoo

No, but I'd make sure I stayed in a deluxe. We never make our own meals while at WDW so I'm not sure what good a villa would do us.
For us it's less of a need for a kitchen and more of a need for an extra room. The kids can go to sleep in the living room and my wife and I can stay awake a few hours, watch TV or chat without worrying about keeping them up. And my 2 year old, clever girl she is, doesn't like seeing daddy "nakee nakee." She freaked out this morning when I wasn't wearing socks, forget if I just stepped out of the shower. The extra room affords privacy when anyone needs it without co-opting the bathroom. One of the kids is being a pantload and needs a time out? Hey, we have an extra room to do that now.

And when it comes to 1BR Villas at BLT, VAK and GFV, that also means an extra bathroom, making it easier & faster to get out to the parks.

But the larger fridge in the kitchen does make it easier to store leftovers if we have them, or snacks that should be refrigerated. And if we do use the kitchen here and there over the course of the week, we can use the dishwasher once during the trip while we sleep or are at the parks, no muss no fuss.

mammaminnie

If it was just 2 of us, I would look at Club Level for one of the Deluxe Resorts. The Villas are great if there are more than 2 of you, or you want to cook meals in the kitchen etc. We use Villas, but we are a soon to be family of 5 so we need the extra space.

MMlvr

No, standard room. We have done both in the past. We were Hardly ever in our room so we went back to the standard room. We were really only there to sleep. We were always out doing something.

acishere

I have the same travel situation as you and I would still stay in a regular room for that length of time. Unless you want to cook meals, it wouldn't be worth it. We would just rent a car and grab breakfast and occasionally dinner offsite to save money on meals. More than 7 days, we would be spending time at non-WDW sites and need a car anyway.

JIMINYCR

No... think of the money that could be going towards something else. The short time actually spent in the room isnt worth it. Minimize the accommodations and maximize the fun.

slappy magoo

I need some sort of reason to minimise the choice of hotels to stay at!!! I can't decide!!! It's doing my head in lol
Rather than the size of accommodations, I'd first think about where you think you'll spend the most time, and focus on resorts in that area.I only say this because Villas are all over the place. Once the Poly DVC opens up, every monorail resort will have them (plus Wilderness Lodge), over in the Epcot/DHS area you have Boardwalk and Beach Club, of course VAK near AK park, and closer to DTD you have Old key West & Saratoga

Next I'd think about what sorts of amenities you're most likely to take advantage of, the sorts of themes that interest you, etc.

jlsHouston

I have stayed in the studios. They seem much smaller to me than a deluxe standard room. They work well for 3 but when it is 4 it seems crowded. The bathrooms area in the studios are not as large. Like having the little mini kitchen but we never really eat in the room so it's not a deal breaker since the rooms all have the mini fridges too for our flavored creamer and water. It's nice having washer and driers where you don't feed 5 bucks in quarters for one tub of laundry. You get that on the dvc side. I hear the one bedrooms are very spacious and nice but never tried one yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom