Hotel to Hotel?

NiarrNDisney

No unfortunately unless the resorts are connected like PoFQ & PoRS.

Back in the day CSR used to have bus transportation to the Boardwalk resort so guests enjoy the area but I'm pretty sure they have discontinued this

NiarrNDisney

You could always head over to the Boardwalk and either get a cab or take a bus to DTD then make the switch over to your resorts bus at one of the hubs.

steamboatjosh

Original Poster
I figured out the plan for the day I was worried about. Thank you all for the info. We're going to multiple locations during the day and that's what I was concerned with but I was able to figure out a way to do it with just the Disney buses.

HollyAD

On our last trip we gave in and used a taxi a few times. It did help with transportation time when we wanted to get from Poly to Swan right as MK was closing. There are taxis waiting outside every Disney location and it wasn't terribly priced.

NiarrNDisney

On our last trip we gave in and used a taxi a few times. It did help with transportation time when we wanted to get from Poly to Swan right as MK was closing. There are taxis waiting outside every Disney location and it wasn't terribly priced.

Yes thankfully there are! I remember having to take a cab from the Contemporary to the Polynesian because not only was the Monorail down for the evening but so were the boats that travel between the resorts on Seven Seas Lagoon and Baylake. Another time the sky opened up and came pouring down when I was visiting Port Orleans French Quarter so taking the boat back to DTD was out of the question so after waiting for 40 min. at the resorts bus stop to get a ride I finally just gave up and took a cab which was faster than WDW's transportation.

Rob562

If you're so inclined you could also try Uber. It just rolled out in Orlando so I haven't had a chance to try it. While their coverage map doesn't show that it includes WDW property, the app lets you choose pickup and drop-off locations in WDW and get fare quotes.

I also have friends that were there the week it launched in Orlando and they said the driver told them she'd been all over WDW property.

-Rob

HRHPrincessAriel

If you're so inclined you could also try Uber. It just rolled out in Orlando so I haven't had a chance to try it. While their coverage map doesn't show that it includes WDW property, the app lets you choose pickup and drop-off locations in WDW and get fare quotes.

I also have friends that were there the week it launched in Orlando and they said the driver told them she'd been all over WDW property.

-Rob
I was thinking of giving them a shot when we want to use taxis in November.

fugawe09

Keep in mind that Mears Checker Cab is the contracted cab company for WDW. Other cabs may drop off, but are not supposed to pick up passengers. Security's vigilance at chasing them off is mixed. Non-Mears taxis have to pay at the auto plazas, although once they pay the first time they can go in and out of all the parks for the rest of the day. I suppose an Uber driver might have an annual pass, but they could also hit you up for the toll. The standard rate for taxis is $4.20 for the first mile and $2.40 for each additional mile or $0.60 per 80 seconds waiting time. To put this in perspective, MK to Epcot is estimated at $18. Taxis are regulated by the City of Orlando. While WDW is not in Orlando, that is where the reputable cab companies are based out of, so most taxis follow the same rate structure even outside Orlando city limits.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom