Magic Band question...

DABIGCHEEZ

Original Poster
Are the Magicbands already linked to our Tickets, FPs, etc. when they arrive or is that something that we need to do once they arrive?

Tom

Beta Return
Magic Bands are linked to your My Disney Experience account, and thus, they are linked to anything also linked to your MDE account.

So, you would need to make sure your resort reservation and any standalone tickets have been linked to your MDE account.

cw1982

To add to what @Tom said, I'm assuming you're talking about bands that you're customizing through MDE. If so, then they will arrive already linked to your account. The only time you'd need to link a band to your account while at WDW would be if you buy a band while you're there.

DABIGCHEEZ

Original Poster
Thank you Tom and cw1982, Thats how I figured it to be, but wanted to be sure. I already have everything entered at MDE, so I will be good when they arrive.

Can I also, modify which bands I want for charging and which to allow access to room, etc. on MDE?

Thanks again for the helpful info.

cw1982

Thank you Tom and cw1982, Thats how I figured it to be, but wanted to be sure. I already have everything entered at MDE, so I will be good when they arrive.

Can I also, modify which bands I want for charging and which to allow access to room, etc. on MDE?

Thanks again for the helpful info.

There's no need to modify which ones will do what... all of the bands linked to your account will function the exact same way.

Now, if you're asking more about how charging works in terms of which people in your party can charge to your room, that's something someone else will have to chime in on.

Rob562

If you want to limit who can charge to the room, or set up different credit cards for individual people, then skip the room charging portion of online checkin and wait to do it at the Front Desk.

As for access to the room, ummm...anyone on the reservation can get into the room with their Band.

-Rob

DABIGCHEEZ

Original Poster
Thx cw1982, I was asking about the charging and Room key function for my kids' bands... I would rather not have them allowable to charge just like the old room keys.

EDIT: Thx Rob562... I was in thread, but stepped away from computer so I did not see your post

cw1982

Thx cw1982, I was asking about the charging and Room key function for my kids' bands... I would rather not have them allowable to charge just like the old room keys.

I think you can set your kids in your account so that they don't have charging privileges. When you go to do your online check in (if you choose to do so), I'm pretty sure that'll be an option. If not, a quick visit to the front desk would fix that.

It might even be that anyone under 18 can't charge to rooms anyway.

StarWarsGirl

It might even be that anyone under 18 can't charge to rooms anyway.
They can. I've had charging privileges since I was 12. I believe under 9 cannot.

Also keep in mind that with the new bands, when you charge stuff, you enter a PIN. If you don't want your kids to charge, don't give them the PIN. Just a sidenote in case you have trouble. We wouldn't let my younger brother have charging privileges, but since we don't give him the PIN, we just leave it as is.

RichW

Under 9 CAN charge to room, but it's not turned on by default. My daughter is 7 and I granted her room charging privileges just last week but I had to request it at check in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom