How much college is enough to qualify?

intheATL

Original Poster
Hi! I am wondering a few things and hope maybe somebody here has some info.

I am aware you have to be a full or part time student, enrolled and taking classes when you apply to the DCP. But... what exactly qualifies?

- Can you be enrolled in a class as an auditor (taking the class but not receive credit)?
- Can you be enrolled in a Continuing Education Course from your local (major) university (they offer classes like art appreciation, photography, sign language, etc) ?
- Can you be enrolled in a certificate program from your local (major) university?

I've followed the Disney College & Internship Blog and the CM answered that a student did not have to be matriculated, or 'degree seeking'. But when I tried to ask specific questions I was told to email recruiting. Guess what? All I got back was a standard form letter and a link to their website! I hate to spend any more money on college (my student loans are a killer!) but if I could have a shot at doing the DCP, I would suck it up and sign up for a single class....just trying to figure out the cheapest/easiest way to become qualified as a "part time student" while I am still young enough to enjoy the DCP! LOL!

Another question is this: If you are a person who has already graduated, and are simply enrolling to take one single class, what are you considered by the college...you are not a freshman, again, correct?! How then does the school acknowledge your participation in the college program at that point, if you are only taking one class? Hmmm...

Thanks in advance!

fugawe09

I think you may be over-thinking this. It just says "enrolled in an accredited college and taking classes and completed at least one semester." The way I read it, as long as you are enrolled in something when you apply and have completed at least one semester by the program start date, you would seem to meet the requirement. Although it does kind of sound like you are bending the intent of the program and this in itself could be a turnoff to the recruiter during the interview process. Why not try calling them for clarification?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom