Planning around Superbowl Sunday

PrincessNelly_NJ

Well yes I did just go to WDW in May.. and yes I am heading back to Orlando in October :D

So what does that have to do with Superbowl sunday you ask?

Nothing! :hilarious: Happen to find flights from Trenton to Orlando for $130 round trip, so I had to give in!

I am planning yet another trip for 2015. A shorter one (5 days max) at the end of January & beginning of Feb for my birthday, Feb 1st, Superbowl Sunday! We are hoping to stay at the Contemporary or BLT!

I have never been to Disney in the colder months, can someone tell me what the weather is like during this time?
How crowded are the parks on Superbowl Sunday?
I would like to have a nice meal on my birthday at one of the signature restaurants but I don't wanna miss the game!:( Especially if my Philly Eagles make it.

I was thinking of an early dinner around the boardwalk then head over to the ESPN Club to catch the game or dinner at California Grill then head back to our room and watch the game.:confused:

BransonJ

Never been this time but I could assume its safe to say that if you chose ESPN to watch the game that you would need to get there very early. I'm sure it would reach capacity quickly. Maybe one of the lounges around the resort?

Upvote 0

Chernaboggles

Well yes I did just go to WDW in May.. and yes I am heading back to Orlando in October :D

So what does that have to do with Superbowl sunday you ask?

Nothing! :hilarious: Happen to find flights from Trenton to Orlando for $130 round trip, so I had to give in!

I am planning yet another trip for 2015. A shorter one (5 days max) at the end of January & beginning of Feb for my birthday, Feb 1st, Superbowl Sunday! We are hoping to stay at the Contemporary or BLT!

I have never been to Disney in the colder months, can someone tell me what the weather is like during this time?
How crowded are the parks on Superbowl Sunday?

WOW. Those are some seriously great airfares!

We arrived on Superbowl Sunday last year, here's the trip report if you want to read about it/see (a few) pictures. We didn't try to watch football, but I can offer insight into crowds and weather.

1) Crowds were awesome.
We were mostly at WDW in mornings and evenings, so I can't speak for midday, but we used zero Fast Passes during our trip. We just walked on or went standby on everything and never waited more than 20 minutes. You'd do well to cluster your FP selections into the late-morning/early afternoon hours, when the park is busier, or save them for things like Soarin' and Mine Train. Or Peter Pan...for some reason Peter Pan had a crazy line every single time we saw it, even when nothing else did.

2) The weather was very unpredictable. MAKE LIKE A CAKE AND HAVE LAYERS.
Seriously, temperatures were all over the place: shorts and short sleeves at midday, but I was usually wearing jeans, long sleeves and sometimes a light jacket at night, especially in the beginning of the trip. We had a couple evenings of cold rain that emptied the parks but made me wish I'd brought gloves. Basically: be ready for anything, because you may get 4 kinds of weather in a single day.

We loved our winter trip! We're heading back for January and already booked for Jan/Feb 2016. It might seem odd to see the park in winter if you aren't used to it (fewer flowers and things, I was amazed at how different it all looked when things started blooming at the end of the month) but I think you'll really enjoy it!

Upvote 0

Cmdr_Crimson

I've gone to the resort 2 times around Superbowl....AVOID MK AT ALL COSTS During when X Team has there parade as it is very crowded! Everyone goes there..However, Epcot, DHS & AK Have great wait times during that day so you might want to do an alternative...Also Brazilian Tour Groups are still there as well..

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

Been there many times during that time. Yep...avoid MK after the Super Bowl. We learned the hard way. The place was jammed, had the parade for the MVP, etc. The temps are usually comfortable, but it's different from one year to the next, so plan on some clothes for cool days and nights as well as warmer days. I always keep a watch about a week out on weather.com and it's a pretty good way to tell how it
might be.

Upvote 0

Metilinos

I can tell you that for the colder months, I usually grab a hoodie or a sweater/shirt and call it a day. Some people are colder than others but I fare just fine with a layer over a shirt. It's not gonna drop to 15 degrees like up here in NH, but still, 50s aren't uncommon. It was probably 60ish most of the time I've ever been in winter months, but I'm generally not a person to let the cold get to me.

Your Eagles don't stand a chance against my Patriots :3 (Though I'm more a Bruins fan than anything. Hockey is where it's at.)

Upvote 0

seahawk7

We went in January a couple of years ago and just loved it, especially around the Boardwalk. I'm wondering if you could make a reservation at ESPN Club? If memory serves me well you can't but maybe since it's your birthday...
If ESPN is too crowded maybe one of the bars at the resort would be a good place to watch?

Upvote 0

Otero8109

We just got back from this past January, and are going this upcoming January! we always go at the end for 10 days. the weather is actually great! last time it was cold and some rain but nothing that 6 adults couldn't handles, no lines, no waits, and got all the dining places we wanted. I will always recommend the last week of January.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom