universals quarterly profits

seascape

Original Poster
Comcast released their quarterly statements and revenue for the quarter was up 12.8% for the quarter. Part of that is due to the calendar but even with that revenue was up 9.4% for the first 6 months which is a better number due to the holiday calender. Cash flow was also up 5.6% in the quarter but only 2.5% for the first 6 months of the year. This amounts to 10 million dollars of extra cash flow on revenue of just about 100 million or 10%. The outlook for the rest of the year should be better now that HP2 is open and so are the extra hotel rooms.

Edit. Please note this is just for the theme parks and not total comcast profits and cash flow.

ThemeParkJunkee

Thank you for this information @seascape. I own Comcast stock (as well as Disney) and don't check up quarterly as a "buy and hold" kind of person. This website provides all kinds of interesting financial facts and I appreciate every one of them.

seascape

Original Poster
HP 2 should push the theme park profits up by a lot. Build it they will come.

I'm kind of interested on how attendance works out compared to Animal Kingdom and Hollywood studios? I don't care that much but seems Universal should be putting a dent in their attendance this year. I doubt it will do anything to MK or Epcot.
Your welcome. It's always nice when someone thanks others for the information. I only posted the Universal part of the statement. I was a little disappointed with the numbers but then there was a lot of training of staff for DA and that is why the cash flow as not better. Anyway it will be interesting to see the numbers for the next quarter with DA open and the new hotel rooms.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom