The pricing for Disneyland Resorts!!!

cw1982

@slappy magoo and @BuddyThomas you two are cracking me up! Thank you for standing up to such ignorance. I wanted to do so, but I couldn't formulate a coherent reply because I was getting too frustrated to say anything eloquent.

@zoenaveau I apologize that someone had to come along and derail your thread by making such offensive statements. I cannot speak for the deluxe resorts, but I will say that when my husband and I stayed at the Pop Century (which is considered by many to be one of the nicest of the value resorts) in June, we did not run into the kind of behavior that has been described in other posts. We had a great time and would go back in a heartbeat.

Last edited:

RScottyL

I'm from Perth, Western Australia which is one of the most expensive cities in the world to live in at the moment because of the mining boom. Which is why I LOVE the states because it is just so CHEAP! It is cheaper to fly return to America than it is one way to Sydney in Australia!!!

But for the first time I am looking at the prices of staying at WDW, and I have to say...it is criminal how expensive it is! It is showing the GF resort as $500 a night!? I'm scared as to what that will transfer into Aussie dollars :/ Cannot fathom how struggling families (especially in your weak economy) can afford it!

Therefore....after my little rant....which would be the best MIDDLE range resort on site? And does anyone think it worth staying offsite when I'm coming all the way to florida to have the disney experience?

WDW has different levels of resorts for people with different budgets and experiences!

IMO, when we came to WDW last, we stayed in the value resorts, because we planned on spending most of the time in the parks and not in the hotel rooms. We wanted to spend out money on other things and not the hotels!

We did choose to stay on Disney property just because we didn't want to have to mess with car rental/return and wanted the free Disney transportation! We planned on only going from the hotel to the parks and no where else!

Mr Toad

I'm from Perth, Western Australia which is one of the most expensive cities in the world to live in at the moment because of the mining boom. Which is why I LOVE the states because it is just so CHEAP! It is cheaper to fly return to America than it is one way to Sydney in Australia!!!

But for the first time I am looking at the prices of staying at WDW, and I have to say...it is criminal how expensive it is! It is showing the GF resort as $500 a night!? I'm scared as to what that will transfer into Aussie dollars :/ Cannot fathom how struggling families (especially in your weak economy) can afford it!

Therefore....after my little rant....which would be the best MIDDLE range resort on site? And does anyone think it worth staying offsite when I'm coming all the way to florida to have the disney experience?
You can't really go wrong at any moderate. I've stayed at Port Orleans Riverside, Coronado Springs and Cabins at Ft Wilderness. Haven't stayed at FQ but I have been there. Never been to Caribbean Beach. But having just stayed at Yacht Club, I'd highly consider that resort.

sjhym333

If your planning to also do Universal Studios you could also look at their resorts. On the whole they are cheaper than Disney resorts and in my opinion the rooms are nicer and the service is outstanding.

DisneyDebNJ

Since when does anyone have the right to judge ANYONE based on their income level or what resort they stay at?!!?? EVERY family tries to save for a vacation of their dreams. How big that dream is, is THEIR business. INStigator even went after me for posting that I was a fool for still going back to my Poly, during construction. (I tried other resorts in the past and was not happy, sorry) A fairly new member posts a question on our beloved boards here and is met with low life comments about low browed guests?!?! Are you kidding me?!!? @slappy magoo, you sir are a hero.
To @zoenaveau the best advice I can give you regarding where to stay, (and yes, it IS expensive, along with the hefty airfare costs) Set up a budget that your family is comfortable with. Call Disney or a travel agent (My family and friends use @Kingdom Konsultant which we HIGHLY recommend) and discuss what $$$ figure you are comfortable with. I am sure you will be quite pleased with what vacation plan they come up with.
One last word... I may not be a Yale graduate (actually U of P) but as wonderful as Yale is, they don't seem to have a course in humanity. Have a wonderful week all!

slappy magoo

Now who wants to get together tonight to go jump on things, tip some cows, and huff some paint?

And to keep it low brow, I'll bring the moonshine...

I got dibs on the whittlin' chair. If only I had enough sense up there in my thinkbone to figger out how to whittle, I'd be all set and such.

Now let us all bow at the altar of Larry the Cable Guy that our betters might be appeased...

RScottyL

I don't know if the OP will be able to watch this video, but someone else posted it in another thread. It's all about the various WDW resorts. Might give a flavor for what she or her family would prefer.

Destination America airs those videos usually just before Spring Break every year. Sometimes they come out with new ones, but always fun to watch if you are a Disney Fan!

dvcnut

I would recommend considering the Caribbean Beach Resort. It is considered a moderate-level hotel, but both the pool and most of the rooms have been renovated/ remodeled in recent years. The rooms are considered the most spacious out of all of the moderate-level hotels.

I have friends who have stayed at the Value resorts and absolutely loved them. My husband's family always stayed at a Moderate resort. Since my husband and I are Disney Vacation Club owners, we've always stayed at Deluxe resorts together.

You can have a great stay and time at any WDW resort, it's all about how well the trip is planned IMO. With that said...I can't imagine not staying on-site. The perks of being able to use the Magical Express shuttle, being eligible for Extra Magic Hours, and having a Disney themed hotel while staying on-site make it a no brainer for me. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom