DVC resale

wolfeman

Original Poster
We have a DVC already. My mom who is in her early 60s wants one too. She is not sure to buy from Disney or resale. I am not sure of the benefits of resale, we bought from Disney. Any help buying resale properties would greatly be appreciated. Any info would be great.thanks

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
She will save money on resale - usually quite bit, but will not be able to use her points for Disney Cruises, Adventures by Disney, or the Concierge Collection, or any none DVC resort (such as POR or POFQ at WDW). You can pretty much only use the points for DVC resorts, or as an exchange with RCI or Buena Vista Trading Company (Club Cordial/Club Intrawest).

slappy magoo

Here are a list of current DVC resales via The Timeshare Store.

http://www.dvc-resales.com/dvclisting.cfm

For points at a DVC resort in Orlando, prices direct from DVC start at $130 pp for Saratoga, Old Key West, Boardwalk, Beach Club and Wilderness. $155 at Animal Kingdom, $165 at Bay Lake Tower & Grand Floridian. All of those are based on a 100 minimum point buy-in. Since your mom is not a member, I would think she'd have to buy this minimum unless they're willing to waive the minimum. But of course, less points means fewer trips.

In resale, Old Key West points are routinely in the 60-70$ range

Animal Kingdom & Saratoga routinely seem to go in the 75-90$ range.

Boardwalk & Wilderness tend to go in the 80-90 range

Bay Lake & Beach Club Villas tend to be in the upper 90s-low 100s (even though Beach Club is older, the location and Stormalong Bay make the points fetch a premium).

Grand Floridian, the newest resort (so most of those sellers are experiencing buyers' remorse but not to the point of dropping prices yet) tend to be in the 130-145 range.

So compared to buying direct from Disney/DVC, the savings could be anywhere from $20ish per point to half the price, depending on where you buy as your 'home resort."

BigTxEars

We have bought DVC twice, both thru resale. Last month we spoke to Disney, they wanted $123 per point for SSR, we bought the same day resale via the internet for $85 per point at SSR. The points are not as flexible as the ones from Disney but we as a family don't use our points in that way so it was a not a big deal to us. :)

The more points you want to buy the better the price will be in the resale market. If you want to buy 50 points expect to pay a lot more per point than if you want say 150 points.

We used:

http://www.resalesdvc.com

Both times.

MikeyK72

We have bought DVC twice, both thru resale. Last month we spoke to Disney, they wanted $123 per point for SSR, we bought the same day resale via the internet for $85 per point at SSR. The points are not as flexible as the ones from Disney but we as a family don't use our points in that way so it was a not a big deal to us. :)

The more points you want to buy the better the price will be in the resale market. If you want to buy 50 points expect to pay a lot more per point than if you want say 150 points.

We used:

http://www.resalesdvc.com

Both times.

I second this recommendation as my wife and I just used ResalesDVC.com this spring to add on points...they were wonderful to work with.

dannyboyindc

Absolutely buy resale. We just bought a loaded contract with 210 points at AKL and couldn't be happier. The one thing Disney won't tell you about not being able to use points for cruises and other things....is SO WHAT? You will actually fare better by renting your points out and paying cash for the same cruise. Same goes for any non DVC room.

Other than that, you are treated exactly the same way as if you bought through Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom