Messed up dining reservations

ashirsch

Original Poster
This is my first time going with my son who will be 11 months when we go. We are going Sept 22-30. We made 8 dining reservations at various places for 2 adults. I figured because my son was not getting an actual meal and just eating off my plate, he wouldn't need to be put on the reservation. Then I read that he did have to be added so I called right away. They could change all except Tusker House, Sci Fi Diner, and Coral Reef. They said that I have time and to just keep checking, but now I'm worried. Any suggestions?

slappy magoo

That seems weird. At 11 months it's not like it's really a table for 3. If anything he might even still be in a stroller you could just roll into the restaurant.

I know sci-fi has tables near the back (picnic style tables as opposed to the "cars"), you could always ask to be put in one of those.

Is it possible to check alternate times for those same restaurants? Even off times, they might be able to get you in.

ashirsch

Original Poster
I know! That's why I didn't even think to put him on the reservations, but it's because of the fire code so they know how many people are in the building.
The problem is its free dining so there isn't much left as far as reservations. I'll just keep trying and then play dumb if we can't change it.

PeoplemoverTTA

I made a BoG reservation 6 month before our trip for the day after my wedding and forgot to include my new husband and myself (d'oh!). I called several times and they couldn't fix it for me, so I just told my family to go and Todd and I would go somewhere else. Her first day at MK, my sister talked to the check-in CM at BoG and explained, and she told her that it would be no problem. Well our reservation was 3 days later, so I didn't feel extremely confident, but I did feel better.

That specific CM wasn't working when we showed up for dinner last Wednesday (7/16), but the CM didn't even hesitate and told me no problem at all. I was seriously shocked - it was the hardest ADR to get in WDW, and they didn't even flinch about accommodating us. I was really impressed.

The meal was just OK, lol.

ashirsch

Original Poster
I made a BoG reservation 6 month before our trip for the day after my wedding and forgot to include my new husband and myself (d'oh!). I called several times and they couldn't fix it for me, so I just told my family to go and Todd and I would go somewhere else. Her first day at MK, my sister talked to the check-in CM at BoG and explained, and she told her that it would be no problem. Well our reservation was 3 days later, so I didn't feel extremely confident, but I did feel better.

That specific CM wasn't working when we showed up for dinner last Wednesday (7/16), but the CM didn't even hesitate and told me no problem at all. I was seriously shocked - it was the hardest ADR to get in WDW, and they didn't even flinch about accommodating us. I was really impressed.

The meal was just OK, lol.

I am feeling a little less nervous about it now that I read more experiences with this. I am happy that it's not our first reservation. Hopefully we can get it changed before they come up, but if now, we will just try to get in anyway.

ashirsch

Original Poster
You should b fine but the "Cardinal Rule" of dining out anywhere is that u always include the baby!!!
We never really eat anywhere that we need a reservation for and for everything else in Disney, he doesn't count because he's under 3 so I never really thought about it. Oh well, live and learn!

boilerpicc

Don't worry about it. I did the same thing with all of our reservations the first time we went with our daughter (3 months at the time). We pled ignorance, and all of the restaurants were accomodating. Almost all of the restaurants let us take her stroller in and park it at the table, including Be Our Guest. The only one we weren't allowed to bring her stroller into was the Crystal Palace. Fortunately, that was on her second trip and she could sit in a high chair by then.

jazznrachie

Can you find the phone numbers for the restaurants themselves & just ask them? We are going as a party of 9 in September. When we made our ADRs, we were only able to book Tutto Italia for 8 people because that's they're max. We were given the phone number for the restaurant & told to call there directly a day or so ahead of time just so they know. The youngest in our group is 2 so we're not too concerned about it.

PeoplemoverTTA

Can you find the phone numbers for the restaurants themselves & just ask them? We are going as a party of 9 in September. When we made our ADRs, we were only able to book Tutto Italia for 8 people because that's they're max. We were given the phone number for the restaurant & told to call there directly a day or so ahead of time just so they know. The youngest in our group is 2 so we're not too concerned about it.

Hm, that's a good question. We had to book a large party for our wedding farewell breakfast at 'Ohana and I called through the Polynesian direct line. I'm guessing that WDW Dining should be able to connect you - I want to say that they offered to connect me to 'Ohana as well.

DizneyPryncess

I thought the same thing when we took our DD at 13 months old. I would've likely made the ADR's for just DH & I. But when I mentioned we were celebrating DD's first trip, the CM mentioned to make sure we added her to our ADR's. He said highchairs/strollers would take up a spot at the table, so it'd have to be for 3. I honestly think so many people think the way we did, and it probably happens all the time. Keep checking for sure, and if you can't change it, just go & explain. Good luck! ;)

seahawk7

You can also the Disney Dining Reservations number and they will give you the direct number. They did this for me for Tutto Italia.

hanwill

don't worry- Not a problem at all. I had something similar happen last trip, and they were very accomodating. i would not recommend doing it every time, but this is a simple accident, and they will not make it an issue... Do not worry (like I did).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom