Room sizes and ETA for CBR updates?

HRHPrincessAriel

Original Poster
So, we may have just added a 3rd and 4th to our Nov trip.

Are most moderate rooms bigger than the values? I feel like we might need to upgrade if so.

Our option via the runDisney agent is CBR. How many buildings have the queens now vs doubles? Is there an ETA.

slappy magoo

All mod rooms are bigger than values, if you're talking about standard rooms versus the suites at the Values.

Standard Value rooms are I think in the 260 sq. ft. range. Each room would have 2 double/full beds or one king sized

Mods are 314 sq. ft, except (I think) for Caribbean Beach which is closer to 340. All moderate rooms would have 2 queen sized beds or one king, except for Caribbean Beach; they have traditionally housed 2 double'full sized beds or one king as well, though I know they're undergoing a change and will eventually remove those double'full beds and replace them with queen sized beds (eaving the rooms with king sized beds alone). Only trouble is I don't think you could guarantee yourself a queen sized bed room even if you asked for one. I believe the buildings closest to the main building have already rec'd the new beds.

I'd ask your gent if any other mod is an option, just to play it safe, but I'd definitely make a move to a mod with 4 adults in one rooms. Honestly I think 2 people in a Value can be a bit claustrophobic but do-able, I wouldn't want to spend an entire trip in a Value, especially with the smaller beds, I wouldn't even be able to share a bed with my wife unless it were at least queen sized.

HRHPrincessAriel

Original Poster
All mod rooms are bigger than values, if you're talking about standard rooms versus the suites at the Values.

Standard Value rooms are I think in the 260 sq. ft. range. Each room would have 2 double/full beds or one king sized

Mods are 314 sq. ft, except (I think) for Caribbean Beach which is closer to 340. All moderate rooms would have 2 queen sized beds or one king, except for Caribbean Beach; they have traditionally housed 2 double'full sized beds or one king as well, though I know they're undergoing a change and will eventually remove those double'full beds and replace them with queen sized beds (eaving the rooms with king sized beds alone). Only trouble is I don't think you could guarantee yourself a queen sized bed room even if you asked for one. I believe the buildings closest to the main building have already rec'd the new beds.

I'd ask your gent if any other mod is an option, just to play it safe, but I'd definitely make a move to a mod with 4 adults in one rooms. Honestly I think 2 people in a Value can be a bit claustrophobic but do-able, I wouldn't want to spend an entire trip in a Value, especially with the smaller beds, I wouldn't even be able to share a bed with my wife unless it were at least queen sized.
I totally agree! I forgot about the values being fulls. With just the two of us not a big deal. 4 of us we need that room! Thanks

slappy magoo

I totally agree! I forgot about the values being fulls. With just the two of us not a big deal. 4 of us we need that room! Thanks
Another thing to consider - and I don't know your situation or when you plan to go - for chucks and giggles I checked out rates during the 2nd week of November for both a room at Caribbean Beach and a Family Suite at All Star Music. Granted, these are rack rates, but the price of the suite was comparable to a "preferred location" at Caribbean. Both Port Orleans resorts too (Coronado seems to be fully booked that week).

Now with the suites someone's gonna get a better bed, and I wouldn't want to get in the middle of that fight, but at last each couple will have a modicum of privacy each night if you want or need it, versus the dorm feel of you all in one room sleeping inches apart. The down side is of course the Values have far fewer amenities than the Mods. That might not be an issue for you if you're park commandos, I don't know if you are. But it's something to think about - for about the same amount of money as a mod room, you could have 560-ish sq. ft of living space (and two bathrooms! and a kitchenette!) but at a Value and IMHO, one of the least interesting Values.

Oh, the other caveat - All Star Music's going through some refurb; the food court won't be open, but you'll be within walking distance to the food courts at All Star Sports, and pizza delivery is still available, FWIW.

FYI, suites at Art of Animation would run about 60 bucks more a night. Again, all rack rate.

HRHPrincessAriel

Original Poster
The thing is I'm stuck with what the travel agent has. It was the only way for us to get bibs. :-(. CBR or all star sportssports

stevehousse

Really curious about which areas at CBR have been modified...some people say Jamaica is finished. Others say the preffered rooms are finished? Would b really great to know as I have a preffered room booked at CBR for Nov...I requested Martinique...

I don't see why they wouldn't start at the preffered rooms first since they are more expensive???

HRHPrincessAriel

Original Poster
Really curious about which areas at CBR have been modified...some people say Jamaica is finished. Others say the preffered rooms are finished? Would b really great to know as I have a preffered room booked at CBR for Nov...I requested Martinique...

I don't see why they wouldn't start at the preffered rooms first since they are more expensive???
Because that would be smart!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom