Guardians of the Galaxy: What do you think?

CentralFLlife

Original Poster
Marvel's next movie premiers in a little over a week, and from early screenings it sounds like it may be the best one yet. I wanted to see everyones interest and thoughts about the film?

For me it looks amazing, outlandish, funny, action packed. I really think this is going to be a huge hit, not IM3 or Avengers in the box office but it should reach Winter Soldier numbers. This movie will surprise everyone and be a whole new multi film franchise, Ive said it since they first announced it, and seeing the trailers and clips from it I believe it more than ever.

jdmdisney99

I think it will do better than expected. It has the Marvel name and mojo going for it while it also has the Star Wars style.

Bparso87

I can't wait I like dc better then marvel but always loved guardians so kinda a dream come true I love groot and rocket. It also introduces no a corps so will be awesome

Disneyfanman

It's sitting at 100% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes (19 reviews) as of this morning. That's pretty encouraging! I'm getting excited for this film!

Bparso87

It's sitting at 100% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes (19 reviews) as of this morning. That's pretty encouraging! I'm getting excited for this film!
Rotten tomato is a joke bc it could be rated 3 out of 5 stars but still get a fresh metacritics is way better to see where a movie is but no doubt this movie will be great and will surprise everyone and get close to 90 millions next weekend

SosoDude

Planning on taking my family (who doesn't even realize its a "comic book" movie) and they are excited anout it.

SirLink

Rotten tomato is a joke bc it could be rated 3 out of 5 stars but still get a fresh metacritics is way better to see where a movie is but no doubt this movie will be great and will surprise everyone and get close to 90 millions next weekend

I think your missing the point of Rotten Tomatoes and how it collects reviews: i.e. Fresh = go and see, Rotten = don't waste your time/money/effort. Most people don't need to know if it is a 6 or 7 they just need to know it is go and see.

Disneyfanman

I don't really get your point. RT just warehouses comments from critics. I don't really see them as having a big agenda and many of the collected reviews don't even use star ratings. Just a recommendation or not. It's also still just opinions. Nothing prevents anyone from making up their own mind.

Bparso87

I don't really get your point. RT just warehouses comments from critics. I don't really see them as having a big agenda and many of the collected reviews don't even use star ratings. Just a recommendation or not. It's also still just opinions. Nothing prevents anyone from making up their own mind.
That is my point a 100% on rotten tomatoes mean nothing I am going to see Lucy and Hercules this week and both don't have great scores on RT same thing goes with great movies I might not like I don't think ppl should go off what RT says scores good.

Bparso87

Did the embargo lift in the us r is the RT score only UK bc American media will slam the movie just so they can get headlines and get views on the internet. I say it will finish high 80s

danlb_2000

Premium Member
That is my point a 100% on rotten tomatoes mean nothing I am going to see Lucy and Hercules this week and both don't have great scores on RT same thing goes with great movies I might not like I don't think ppl should go off what RT says scores good.

Sounds like what you are saying is that you do no listen to what any source says about a movie, in that case this really isn't an issue specifically with RT. For people who are interested in other people's opinions I think RT is a good source.

Magenta Panther

I watched a clip on the Disney channel on my Boxee, and it featured all of the characters sitting around kvetching at each other. Except for the tree guy, who kept saying "I am Groot".

I'm not about to root against any movie Disney puts out, but the appeal of this mystifies me...

Matt_Black

I watched a clip on the Disney channel on my Boxee, and it featured all of the characters sitting around kvetching at each other. Except for the tree guy, who kept saying "I am Groot".

I'm not about to root against any movie Disney puts out, but the appeal of this mystifies me...

Because there's a TREE in the movie! Ah-ha-ha-haaa!

BuddyThomas

Sounds like what you are saying is that you do no listen to what any source says about a movie, in that case this really isn't an issue specifically with RT. For people who are interested in other people's opinions I think RT is a good source.
For someone who DOES listen to critics and thinks Rotten Tomatoes is a great resource, I will admit that I thought that Guardians looked like a ridiculous piece of CGI nonsense, and I had zero interest. But 100% positive? That is rare and I'm definitely planning on checking it out, hoping my first judgement will be proved totally wrong.

NMBC1993

I have been torn about this film since it was first announced. As someone who's had a rocky relationship with Marvel, I'm not sure I can trust them. You may be asking yourself, "What? Rocky relationship? But it's Marvel, they're awesome"! Well I thought so too, until I saw The Avengers at midnight at PI....they let me down so much with that film. It could have been me over hyping the film, but I stand by the fact that thanks to the marketing, I was sold a completely different Avengers movie. If you go back and watch all the trailers, t.v. spots, anything marketing related you'll notice it presents this gritty, dark, "In a World" type of feeling. Well you can imagine my shock when the movie turned out to be a big joke fest full of one-liners and pointless banter (with no character development at all for anyone). That way of marketing grew even larger when IM3 came out, they did their best to sell that movie as the "Dark Knight Rises" of IM, and I'm sorry but that movie was anything but TDKR. They took the one thing I didn't like about Avengers (pointless comedy) and doubled it. That kid sidekick should have had a shirt on that said "Target Demographic" and don't get me started on the so-called "Mandarin" (Ben Kingsley would have been the perfect villain too....)

Then out of nowhere, just when I was giving up on Marvel, out comes The Winter Soldier....OMG, FINALLY A FILM THAT KNOWS WHEN TO BE SERIOUS!!!! I was so happy to finally see a Marvel film I've been waiting for, one that doesn't fell the need to crack jokes all the time and gave every actor the character development that has been lacking from any Marvel film since Capt 1.

The only good thing I can say about GotG (since I haven't seen it) is that all the marketing has shown that this movie is a full-on comedy, instead of misguiding the audience into thinking it's some dark, meaningful film. Also, I'll be curious to see how GotG ties into Avengers 2. So far, in my opinion they haven't done much to tie things together for Phase 2, all the other films except for a bit in TWS have been presented more as stand alone films. Personally, if Thanos is really going to be a threat to anyone, he needs to make a presence throughout the series like Darth Vader for example, he was always there presenting a threat to Luke and the gang, he wasn't just stuck in some end credit scene that required homework for the general audience to figure out who he is.

That's just my 2 cents anyway:)

P.S. I don't know about the rest of you but I feel bad for Kick-...I mean Quicksilver in Age of Ultron. He's got some big shoes to fill after seeing the same character portrayed (brilliantly, in my opinion) in Days of Future Past...

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom