mine ride for BIG PEOPLE..

DsnyFevr

So we just got back from our trip and rode the mine train 3 times. It was very short for all the hype. I am a bigger person and my husband is tall. We both fit in, it was tight but you can't have huge thighs or too long of legs otherwise your bar won't be able to close down. You have to fit your thighs and knees squeezed together in between the bar (kind of like on Everest). The seats for your butt are tiny too they are not just flat benches like all other rides, they actually confirm to your butt with hard plastic so you can't take up and space with the person you are sitting with on their side (like you can on Thunder Mtn). Hope this helps all that still are in question.

IAmFloridaBorn

Hilarious thread. Wow. I don't understand how people can complain. What do you expect from a theme park? Things like this are going to happen, best thing you can do is adjust yourself to the theme park and not vice versa.

Mr Anderson

Hilarious thread. Wow. I don't understand how people can complain. What do you expect from a theme park? Things like this are going to happen, best thing you can do is adjust yourself to the theme park and not vice versa.
Oh this is gonna be gooooooood.
awt6.gif

Mr Anderson

I Mean All around. Not just with size. IDK Universal isnt perfect and neither is Disney but I've learned to alter my expectations so I can still enjoy myself.
I was simply trying to be funny to fend off some possible negativity, because tbh, a few others have come in and said something similar and there has been severe backlash for a few pages. I guess most everyone has unsubscribed from the thread, though, or there would probably be feedback by now. In my opinion, no theme park is going to have the perfect set up for everyone to enjoy every single ride they want to in this day & age.

I think Disney has certainly outshone all other theme parks in this area up until now, so everyone just has their expectations set very high. Hence, the huge backlash in this thread when this ride wasn't as accommodating as before.

SagamoreBeach

I was simply trying to be funny to fend off some possible negativity, because tbh, a few others have come in and said something similar and there has been severe backlash for a few pages. I guess most everyone has unsubscribed from the thread, though, or there would probably be feedback by now. In my opinion, no theme park is going to have the perfect set up for everyone to enjoy every single ride they want to in this day & age.

I think Disney has certainly outshone all other theme parks in this area up until now, so everyone just has their expectations set very high. Hence, the huge backlash in this thread when this ride wasn't as accommodating as before.

Some people are able to overlook things and carry on - others just can't seem to overlook anything and everything becomes an "issue." Life is too short.

Sped2424

And there have been others that say they don't.
You can't compare the two. They are totally different types of ride vehicles either totally different restraints.
Still snug fits on both rides, I haven't read one scenario on here about someone being told they don't fit and that they couldn't ride. Just people complaining that it's a tight fit.

StarWarsGirl

Still snug fits on both rides, I haven't read one scenario on here about someone being told they don't fit and that they couldn't ride. Just people complaining that it's a tight fit.
Ahem, if that's the case...
well Kids, I just got back about an hour ago , 10 days at WDW.. On Sunday, we ran to the mine ride when the park opened.. we were about 30th in line.. my wife in a scooter and me, a big MOOSE.. so an hour and 10 minutes later, they open the ride.. we get right down there.. and my wife gets in and there is no problem.. HOWEVER, I can't close the bar.. I am too big for the split bar to fit over my knees.. So my wife rode alone.. I asked to ride as a single.. and have one leg under one bar and the other.. and it works.. the bars lock, I am in.. BUT.. .the powers that be.. won't let me ride.. they say you can't straddle the bars.. so.. Larger people.. and I was told by some WHITE SHIRT, that, Yes, we know there is a problem.. and NO, you still cant ride..they made it right by me.. I got a few immediate ride passes to any ride.. but that doesn't make up for the fact that right now, BIG GUYS like me, or maybe you, cannot ride this ride.. this and one poor meal were the only downfalls of TEN GLORIOUS DAYS seeing the mouse..
Then I recommend you work on your reading ability.

StarWarsGirl

If my one uncle went to WDW with us, I guarantee you he would not be able to fit. We are thinking that another friend coming with us in August will also not be able to fit. They cannot ride Barnstormer and have trouble on other rides. I seriously doubt they will fit into the mine train cars.

raymusiccity

If my one uncle went to WDW with us, I guarantee you he would not be able to fit. We are thinking that another friend coming with us in August will also not be able to fit. They cannot ride Barnstormer and have trouble on other rides. I seriously doubt they will fit into the mine train cars.

I think that large people aren't exactly being caught off guard by the fact that they're being confronted by 'snug' fits wherever they go. Otherwise, airline seats would be made to accommodate large people, Corvettes and other sports cars would be made larger, roller coasters would be one size fits all, etc. All rides can't accommodate all handicaps, but, the vast majority of ticket holders do just fine. Fast passes should routinely be handed out to people unable to ride and they just might have to learn to say 'thanks, I realize that not all adults will fit into the kiddie rides'.

Sped2424

Ahem, if that's the case...

Then I recommend you work on your reading ability.
Forgive me for not looking over 18 pages, the fact remains if this person can't ride the mine train they most likely don't fit on many other roller coasters at wdw. So this should have come to no surprise.

Sped2424

Again if your uncle can't fit in most small ride seats then it should come as no shock that they can't fit in the mine train. You are acting like the mine train is the only ride that was made with small seats and restraints but barnstormer and again space mountain are all good examples of small areas to fit in. If you are large enough that you can't fit in either of those rides (or any number of rides at wdw) then not fitting on the mine train shouldn't come as a surprise. I also don't think it's disneys responsibility here, or that they somehow messed up making the seats too small. This was and always has been aimed at families and young ones, and those people fit just fine in this ride/experience.

HRHPrincessAriel

Again if your uncle can't fit in most small ride seats then it should come as no shock that they can't fit in the mine train. You are acting like the mine train is the only ride that was made with small seats and restraints but barnstormer and again space mountain are all good examples of small areas to fit in. If you are large enough that you can't fit in either of those rides (or any number of rides at wdw) then not fitting on the mine train shouldn't come as a surprise. I also don't think it's disneys responsibility here, or that they somehow messed up making the seats too small. This was and always has been aimed at families and young ones, and those people fit just fine in this ride/experience.
So, only "smaller" people have families? This argument makes zero sense.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom