Narcoosees or California Grill?

Since1971

Original Poster
We have eaten at the California Grill and it is one of our favorites, but the only reservation we could get is 5 pm. We never tried Narcoosee's, but are staying at the Grand Floridian and can get a 7:40 reservation, which seems like it would work well with the fireworks. Is it worth giving up the California Grill experience for a better time at Narcoossee's or should we keep the California Grill reservation? Thanks for any advice you might have.

Mr Morrow

Oh go on!.. try something new! They are both great restaurants but seems as though the later reservation will be better if you want to enjoy the fireworks :rolleyes:

harryk

We have eaten at the California Grill and it is one of our favorites, but the only reservation we could get is 5 pm. We never tried Narcoosee's, but are staying at the Grand Floridian and can get a 7:40 reservation, which seems like it would work well with the fireworks. Is it worth giving up the California Grill experience for a better time at Narcoossee's or should we keep the California Grill reservation? Thanks for any advice you might have.
Narcoosee's my family finds is the better choice. The fireworks even look better from that location. We have done both and have found CG may be up high but the angle of view is so great that the design of the show is lost. View from Narcoosee's angle is better and you don't lose as much of the show design. MK fireworks are designed to have the castle as the centerpiece of the show. Both locations pipe in the music and dialog. Taste - a matter of taste.

plaz10

We really love both places - food wise...if you ask me I'll say Cali Grill. If you ask my husband he will say Narcoossees.

Having seen Wishes from both - they are both beautiful experiences.

Since you've never done Narcoossees - I say go with that!

mickeysshoes

We are fans of Narcoossees Fireworks are very nice here. You can go outside on the deck to watch. We have always had great service and the bread is yummy!!

Minthorne

My last two visits to Cali Grill underwhelmed me. After a major refurb they had a New Years Eve menu this year identical to the year before but without the open kitchen the main dishes were held under heat lamps rather than cooked to order. I returned in March on my birthday and while my meal that day was good the service and lack of magic for my birthday just made CG less of an allure.

I've had Narcossees once and it was very good.

Csmith041177

I lOVE Narcoosees. That would be my vote. Try to schedule dinner at or around the fireworks time for a truly special experience.

DisneyDebNJ

We did Narcoossee's last year and loved our meal, from start to finish! This year doing Cali Grill for the first time, and really looking forward to it. If you haven't tried Narcoossee's, and since you're at GF anyway, I would definately go with that. The view for Wishes is so pretty over the water.

Since1971

Original Poster
Thanks everyone. Based on your awesome advice, we are going to do Narcoosee's. Hopefully, we'll be back in the not too distant future and can hit California Grill again. I am so blown away by how helpful and responsive folks are on this forum. I am so grateful--I've only been a member for a day and you've already given me so many helpful tips!

CtDisneyGuy33

Thanks everyone. Based on your awesome advice, we are going to do Narcoosee's. Hopefully, we'll be back in the not too distant future and can hit California Grill again. I am so blown away by how helpful and responsive folks are on this forum. I am so grateful--I've only been a member for a day and you've already given me so many helpful tips!

I posed the same question last year and got the same reaction from this Forum! Narcoosee is great and I dont you will be disappointed. The food was great but when the fireworks came on, it really was overly special. Bring your camera! Enjoy

Since1971

Original Poster
ummm - Narcoossee's is wonderful... but DO be aware that the fireworks are generally going off at 9:00 or 10:00 now. Given this, I would book earlier, then plan on grabbing the MonoRail to the Park. 7:40 will sort of work IF you are looking at a 9:00 "Wishes" that night.
Thank you! I was able to push my reservation later--what a great heads up. Can't wait.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom