Bahamas... First week of October???

QueenOfHearts83

Original Poster
So we have decided to change the date of our cruise to the first week of October 2014. And since I will be traveling with the most important people in my life I'm worried about the weather. It's during Hurricane season. Any one went during this time? Rain? Hurricanes? Any input???

fltink

Last time I sailed a Bahamian cruise in the fall we had hot temps and clear skies. We had one rainy afternoon at sea, but that was it. Of course being hurricane season, you never know, so I'd recommend making sure you have the trip insurance, but I wouldn't let "hurricane season" dissuade you from going.

Also it sounds like you'll be going during Halloween on the High Seas, which adds an extra element of fun to the trip! Enjoy!

ncstate7991

So we have decided to change the date of our cruise to the first week of October 2014. And since I will be traveling with the most important people in my life I'm worried about the weather. It's during Hurricane season. Any one went during this time? Rain? Hurricanes? Any input???
This can be a wonderful time to cruise. If there aren't any hurricanes, the weather is usually pretty good. Cruises are also cheaper because of the hurricane element. Of course, that is nearly impossible to predict, but a very small percentage of cruises are ever effected by a hurricane or tropical storm. Know the risk and be willing to live with it, and chance are it will not come into play.

disney4life2008

If I were going to the islands for a vacation I would be more worried about a hurricane. But on a cruise - cruiselines make strong precautions and plan for them. And DCL is the best in the industry so you will be fine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom